Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2024, 5:53 am

I watched the entire series of Lost and thought the ending was an anti-climax. I won't say anything as you have only just started but definitely worth watching.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2024, 11:39 am

I know about the ending - I read about it many years ago - and although I haven't watched it so far, I do admit what I have heard about it was, well... weird, to say the least because it like meant nothing out of the adventures the people had on the island, really happened.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2024, 7:55 am

Now I'm totally lost in the fantastic world of the "Lost" - and I can proudly say that now I understand why others loved the series so much :D :D :D I finished the third season yesterday :) It was just the first season that was very boring to me - it was before Dharma showed up :) And I'm still in shock that the core cast characters are killed off so unexpectedly - I mean, Charlie who died in the last episode I watched.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2024, 5:50 am

Irulan wrote:
I know about the ending - I read about it many years ago - and although I haven't watched it so far, I do admit what I have heard about it was, well... weird, to say the least because it like meant nothing out of the adventures the people had on the island, really happened.

I don't agree with that interpretation of the ending. Don't get me wrong, it is very disappointing. The entire 6th season is imo. It's like unwrapping your christmas presents - when they're all wrapped and could be literally anything it's much more exciting than when you take the wrapping off and see what's actually there. But I never understood when people said it meant the events on the island didn't happen. That's a misunderstanding of the ending, as I see it. I'll be interested to see what you think when you get there.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2024, 6:03 am

I will need to watch everything to get to the ending and then I'll tell you what I think of it :D

ScrewyWabbit
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2024, 5:19 pm

I started watching back when it first aired - someone gave me all the episodes like 6 that had aired up to that point and I watched them and then started watching the new episodes when they aired. I don't think the show would have the same impact now unless you can somehow completely avoid all the spoilers that exist now. Like you are on season 1 and you already know about the Dharma Initiative. When it was first on, everyone spent weeks and months speculating "what is that hatch and WTF is inside it?". Even without spoilers you can get that answer just by watching straight through for several hours so hard to see how the experience can really be the same watching it now for the first time.

In any case, the thing about Lost is its sort of "the journey, and not the destination, is the reward". The show raises a lot of questions and mysteries. It doesn't answer all of them and ultimately answers many of them in (IMHO) unsatisfying ways. When you get to the last few episodes of the last season you start to realize that a lot won't be answered and how they will wrap it up and its sort of a let down in some sense. But getting there is fun - trying to figure out what all these tidbits of information mean. Some of the acting and the character backstories are great too. And there's tons of "WTF just happened" moments along the way.