If you were given the oppertunity to join witsec, would you?

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2024, 5:06 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
TwilightPrincess wrote:
I’d like to do it so my abusive ex and his associates wouldn’t know where I live and couldn’t find me or contact me. A fresh start sounds nice, too.

We have places your family can hide in peace and security. Cape Fear, Terror Lake, New Horrorfield, Screamville.

8O :lol:
"Cape Fear" (used as a great scary title for at least two Hollywood films) is the only one I had heard of til now.

Hmmmm...

We also have a "Crazy Woman Creek" in Upper Michigan, and a "Canyon Diablo" (Devil's Canyon) in New Mexico.

And if you're trying to fake your past you might not wanna be sent to "Truth or Consequences" New Mexico.

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2024, 10:23 pm

I think it would be terrible because although you could take your immediate family with you (and I don't have a husband or kids, so none for me) you would lose all of your other family and friends and to me that would be terrible. I don't have a lot of people in my life but I want to hold on to the ones I do, very much.

On the other hand if I really was a witness and was in danger I might do it because I might feel I had no other choice. But I would hate it.

And if the hypothetical has nothing to do with actual witness protection and is just about disappearing from my current life and starting over, then no, I still wouldn't want to do it, at all.