Are ruthless guys more attractive than kind, good guys?

Page 2 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2024, 9:30 pm

bee33 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
I don't think ruthlessness is in itself a very attractive quality to anyone. However, men who use their rutheless streak to succeed inevitably become attractive. that I am afraid is the law of the land.

What? No.

Unfortunately winning at "any cost" is commonplace in modern society. It's normalised that highly successful people are ruthless. Its not just hard work.

Its starts in the playground. Alpha males who spend their recreational time beating up and bullying weaker kids have girls flocking around them (its sick but I have seen this with my own eyes).

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2024, 9:35 pm

Most girls and women are not attracted to bullying behavior.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2024, 9:41 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
Most girls and women are not attracted to bullying behavior.

Like I said
Man/teens who bully = turnoff
Man/teens who bully + successful = dating material
Men who bully + $$ = marriage material

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2024, 9:43 pm

Kindly stop generalizing and insulting women's intelligence.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2024, 9:43 pm

^^ What typically happens on WP when members make generalizations about gender or mansplain? Just something to think about.

Last edited by TwilightPrincess on 05 Sep 2024, 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2024, 9:44 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Kindly stop generalizing and insulting women's intelligence.

:heart:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2024, 9:46 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
^^ What typically happens on WP when members make generalizations about gender or mansplain? Just something to think about.

this is what I have observed where I live. I assume a rutheless nature is common in successful people. But, I don't have evidence to back this up and accept I might be generalising.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2024, 9:49 pm

What appears to you as "bullying" might in fact be those men standing up for someone else, by calling out/stopping/identifying the poor behaviour of the person being confronted.

That's not bullying.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2024, 9:50 pm

Having said that, please show me a rutheless, successful person who wanted a wife or girlfriend who wasn't able to get one.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2024, 9:50 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
What appears to you as "bullying" might in fact be those men standing up for someone else, by calling out/stopping/identifying the poor behaviour of the person being confronted.

That's not bullying.

ummm no, I am talking about plain, simple alphas who get off belittling and bullying vulnerable people.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2024, 9:53 pm

Three women here have said or implied that they don't find bullying behavior attractive and that other women typically don't, either. It's prudent to listen to women rather than say that they are wrong about women. Generalizing and mansplaining aren't cool.

Last edited by TwilightPrincess on 05 Sep 2024, 10:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2024, 9:54 pm

Are submissive women more attractive than independent women?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2024, 9:55 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Having said that, please show me a rutheless, successful person who wanted a wife or girlfriend who wasn't able to get one.

They exist but that doesn't mean all women are attracted to men who are successful, have money, or bully people. Further, it doesn't show that the women they "get" are in safe, happy, and secure relationships without fearing the repercussions of leaving.

Funny but we watched a few episodes of Succession today and I can confirm, their success and ruthlessness is a major turnoff. The only women they attract in that show are equally vile.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2024, 10:22 pm

cyberdad wrote:
bee33 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
I don't think ruthlessness is in itself a very attractive quality to anyone. However, men who use their rutheless streak to succeed inevitably become attractive. that I am afraid is the law of the land.

What? No.

Unfortunately winning at "any cost" is commonplace in modern society. It's normalised that highly successful people are ruthless. Its not just hard work.

Its starts in the playground. Alpha males who spend their recreational time beating up and bullying weaker kids have girls flocking around them (its sick but I have seen this with my own eyes).

Usually the real alphas don't get into fights. A lot of bullies are outcasts and 'pick-me' hangers-on to the cool kids, rather than genuinely accepted as cool.

"Many of us like to ask ourselves, What would I do if I was alive during slavery? Or the Jim Crow South? Or apartheid? What would I do if my country was committing genocide?' The answer is, you're doing it. Right now." —Former U.S. Airman (Air Force) Aaron Bushnell

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2024, 10:26 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Usually the real alphas don't get into fights. A lot of bullies are outcasts and 'pick-me' hangers-on to the cool kids, rather than genuinely accepted as cool.

Wasn't what I observed in school. But I accept I don't have hard/fast data for how they turn out as adults.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2024, 10:28 pm

I've never heard anyone in "the real world" use the word Alpha, and I'd never even encountered that word until joining WP. I think it was cyberdad who used it. It seems some men are really hung up on rating other men, even more than women rate men.

All I've ever looked for is a nice person. The same can be said of my female friends/relatives.