Would you live in a house where a murderer once lived?

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2024, 6:40 am

I mean how much money does it cost, me and my boyfriend would love a house we could afford even if it was discounted cause a murder took place there, we don't believe in ghosts but if they really are real lol we don't get many guests cause we dont have a lot of friends so if ghost guests wanted to come and party with us we'd be cool with it.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2024, 6:55 am

Fnord wrote:
There were rumors about my childhood home -- there was allegedly something (someone?) buried underneath the basement floor.  No news articles about missing person about the time the house was built, but the first owner was allegedly a wealthy man who died without heirs except for the fellow Freemason to whom he willed the property.

So there could be someone buried underneath your childhood home, potentially but you aren't sure. lol there was certainly someone living in the apartment me and my boyfriend got. like they did not even clean the place when we moved in there was dried piss behind the toilet I had to clen up and lots of other things were left dirty to. Also our stove fan needs a new filter which they definately did no replace, and its more realistic to juust get a new cheap brand filter on amazon to wait for maitnence to fix it. Cause its like 10 dollars to fix it ourselves rather then have a stranger come in two weeks out to put a new one in when I can already see how easy it is to replace. its just a gunked filter. But for all I know maybe the last occupant did die and so I was cleaning piss of a dead man but at the time who cares we could afford it so we jumped on it but didn't expect them to keep raising the rent far beyond what this hovel is worth.

But for the meantime it is our hovel and we do like having a space of our own. But if murderer houses are on discount I am sure we would not be against looking at them as more space for minature building and gaming like with minatures would be a nice feature of a home.

Last edited by Sweetleaf on 31 Aug 2024, 7:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2024, 6:57 am

In the UK a house where terrible crimes have been committed is sometimes demolished by the authorities, but there seems to be no consistent policy on this. Hence the address in Gloucester where notorious 1970s and 1980s serial killer Fred West was arrested and where he killed a number of victims, in Cromwell Road, was demolished soon afterwards, but his previous address in Midland Road, where other murders were committed, including members of his own family, is still standing (and presumably inhabited).

The most notorious serial killers in the UK in the 1960s were the so-called 'Moors Murderers' Ian Brady and Myra Hindley. The house in Hattersley, Greater Manchester, where they carried out their final killings, was also demolished, though it took over 20 years for that to happen.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MoorsMurders/c ... ust_after/

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2024, 7:01 am

Yeah I've been passed the gap in the row of houses where that house used to be

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2024, 8:44 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Fnord wrote:
There were rumors about my childhood home -- there was allegedly something (someone?) buried underneath the basement floor.  No news articles about missing person about the time the house was built, but the first owner was allegedly a wealthy man who died without heirs except for the fellow Freemason to whom he willed the property.
So there could be someone buried underneath your childhood home, potentially but you aren't sure. . .
Like I said, rumors.  No evidence.  But that did not stop some weirdos from asking if they could search the basement with metal detectors and Ouija boards.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.