Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 2:59 pm

twinklelight wrote:
Thank you for your message! It sounds like a very interesting perspective on death. Firstly I am sorry to hear you experienced that awful close-to-death situation. I see lots of people who survived death mention seeing yourself away from the body. But I haven't experienced such an event, I couldn't correspond with me. But as I have learned from my neuroscience lecture the brain hemispheres don't exactly work like that separately since the beginning but are way more complex. Maybe, instead, we can talk about some key areas of the brain such as the amygdala or temporal lobes, but still, they also are always connected even if some areas can be labelled for their specific functions. Our prefrontal cortex might work differently than others as having difficulties processing social cues and making decisions might be related to that. The amygdala in processing emotions might related to heightened anxiety, feeling intense emotions or sometimes vice versa up to the complexity of the person. So I'm not sure about brain flip but it might be correct in some points, who knows?

It's such a great feeling to learn more and discover new things about yourself every day. I'm happy to discuss these things here, and I like what you said in the last sentence about figuring out our unique strengths, it's really precious.

There is one book that you may find interesting to read. It is called "Whole Brain Living" by Jill Bolte Taylor. She was a specialized medical doctor and suffered a massive stroke around age 35. In her first book she described in fine detail what happened when she suffered a massive brain bleed. But after her stoke she came back but as a totally different person. The stroke damaged her left side of her brain and she came back as a right brain person, a totally different person. In her second book "Whole Brain Living" she describes each of her 4 brains and their characteristics. So since you are exploring, you may find this book interesting.

Another important point that I should pass on to you is that there are two different types of us.
Some of us are word thinkers and others are picture thinkers. I am a word thinker. When I think I think in words. But some of us are picture thinkers. They think in pictures. Picture thinkers move very fast, near the speed of light. They operate similar to deep NREM (non-rapid eye movement) sleep. I think in terms of words. I think similar to a REM (rapid eye movement) brain which is almost what a normal human thinks.