Aspie dating success stories

Page 12 of 14 [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2024, 5:58 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
Perhaps your “softer” view of boundaries is why so many of your posts and threads related to L&D or women are removed, edited, locked, or otherwise addressed by various members. Modifying one’s view may be prudent if it often leads to negative outcomes.

Kindly stop insinuating I am a troll - I find this personally insulting.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2024, 6:01 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Ok I think I have said what I needed to. Again I apologise if I am perceived this way, it is not my intention.

I understand that it's not your intention, that's why I make attempts to explain why it's a problem so you can take that feedback into account.

If I believed it was your intention I wouldn't see any point discussing the matter with you because there'd be no reason to hope for improvement or altered behaviour. I don't know if you've noticed but I don't have much tolerance when I perceive someone is acting in bad faith.

"Many of us like to ask ourselves, What would I do if I was alive during slavery? Or the Jim Crow South? Or apartheid? What would I do if my country was committing genocide?' The answer is, you're doing it. Right now." —Former U.S. Airman (Air Force) Aaron Bushnell

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2024, 6:02 pm

I wasn’t claiming that you were a troll. I’m trying to help you.

If one isn’t engaging in problematic behavior, folks making reports shouldn’t be an issue. You wouldn’t need to worry about it.

There’s been several problematic posts from the past week or two that were edited or removed. I could provide some evidence if you’d like as well as to past threads and such. It’s just been an ongoing trend.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2024, 6:09 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
There’s been several problematic posts from the past week or two that were edited or removed. I could provide some evidence if you’d like as well as to past threads and such. It’s just been an ongoing trend.

I am not disputing this has happened, but you used "many" when infact it's "some", it may have escaped your notice but I post a lot of threads and make a lot of posts and 99.5% of them aren't locked.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2024, 6:16 pm

I don't understand why people can't just play nice. I'm sure that sounds corny, but seriously - there are lots of lonely men here who want to crack the code on how to have female friendships or relationships. There are women posters like myself and Twilight who are here every stinking day, being friendly and doing our best to be supportive/funny/kind to everyone, but rather than seeking a friendship these men seem content to antagonize, bait, flame, ignore, and sometimes outright bully us by saying we dislike men, we destroyed the site, or other hogwash.

I really don't get it.

I'd love to be friends with some of you and for quite a while I thought I was, but apparently I was wrong.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2024, 6:18 pm

CD, I didn’t claim that it was the majority of your posts, but it’s certainly many compared to other regular members. FXE, for example, is a frequent poster, and I’d have a hard time coming up with posts of his I’d consider sexist if I wanted to.

My goal is just to bring awareness here. That’s all.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2024, 6:19 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
There are women posters like myself and Twilight who are here every stinking day, being friendly and doing our best to be supportive/funny/kind to everyone,

Same except I'm male (or identify as male :lol: )

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2024, 6:20 pm

cyberdad wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
There are women posters like myself and Twilight who are here every stinking day, being friendly and doing our best to be supportive/funny/kind to everyone,

I can think of many men here who don’t engage in frequent sexism. It just appears to be a regular problem with a few.

Last edited by TwilightPrincess on 01 Oct 2024, 8:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2024, 6:22 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
CD, I didn’t claim that it was the majority of your posts, but it’s certainly many compared to other regular members. FXE, for example, is a frequent poster, and I’d have a hard time coming up with posts of his I’d consider sexist if I wanted to.

My goal is just to bring awareness here. That’s all.

I could classify myself as "clumsy" then if I am more than likely to trip the rules

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2024, 6:22 pm

cyberdad wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

Do you read our posts and offer support, the way we do for men?
Obviously it's not a prerequisite, but that's one way of being "supportive and kind" to everyone.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2024, 6:23 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

I can think of many men here who don’t engage in frequent sexism. It just appears to be a regular problem with a few.[/quote]

again with the "frequent" stop quantifying me

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2024, 6:23 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

Do you read our posts and offer support, the way we do for men?
Obviously it's not a prerequisite, but that's one way of being "supportive and kind" to everyone.

I consider myself supportive and kind - please check the parent forum

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2024, 6:26 pm

cyberdad wrote:
again with the "frequent" stop quantifying me

I’m just calling it like I see it. I’m not quantifying you, but I am alluding to your behavior. Yes, you frequently do post sexist posts and threads although it was much less frequent when you weren’t posting in L&D.

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2024, 6:30 pm

This is nothing more than squabbling.

But even if it was still trying to point out sexist behavior, less is more. It has become an endless litany. In thread after thread. Make your point and then move on.

Carbonhalo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2024, 6:44 pm

I'm going to hand out joints, drinks and chocolate here...there is a massive sense of inevitability in my mind. Let's all sit back and watch this thread's sunset.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2024, 6:47 pm

Carbonhalo wrote:
I'm going to hand out joints, drinks and chocolate here...

That would be marvellous.

I don't understand why people can't just be friends.