Page 3 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2024, 4:55 pm

I love rFactor but I wish the AI was smarter, especially on ovals. They drive like they have zero self-preservation instinct at times and it makes the laps during the pit window especially stressful because you have to be alert for a crash around the pit entrance because an AI drove right through another AI to enter the pit lane.

"Many of us like to ask ourselves, What would I do if I was alive during slavery? Or the Jim Crow South? Or apartheid? What would I do if my country was committing genocide?' The answer is, you're doing it. Right now." —Former U.S. Airman (Air Force) Aaron Bushnell

somethingdifficult
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Sep 2024, 7:51 pm

My absolute favourite game is Baldur's Gate 2. This is one of my special interest games. Baldur's Gate 3 also brought me so much joy, I played near 1000 hours and still didn't saw or tried everything.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2024, 8:09 pm

somethingdifficult wrote:
My absolute favourite game is Baldur's Gate 2. This is one of my special interest games. Baldur's Gate 3 also brought me so much joy, I played near 1000 hours and still didn't saw or tried everything.

Have you ever played Neverwinter Nights?

"Many of us like to ask ourselves, What would I do if I was alive during slavery? Or the Jim Crow South? Or apartheid? What would I do if my country was committing genocide?' The answer is, you're doing it. Right now." —Former U.S. Airman (Air Force) Aaron Bushnell

somethingdifficult
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Sep 2024, 8:59 pm

Yes! I played a lot of Nwn 1 with all the addons - Undretide and Underdark. I loved that game a lot, that was my first introduction to feats and really complicated builds. I think the most interesting character I had there was a shapeshifter druid who in the endgame could become a dragon. I might try to recreate that class again, because it was so fun. Although there are still lots of other classes I never tried.
I played Nwn 2 a bit but it was something about it, I never was on board properly. That game I never finished, I feel like Nwn 1 is absolutely the best.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2024, 10:29 pm

Yes! I played a lot of Nwn 1 with all the addons - Undretide and Underdark. I loved that game a lot, that was my first introduction to feats and really complicated builds. I think the most interesting character I had there was a shapeshifter druid who in the endgame could become a dragon. I might try to recreate that class again, because it was so fun. Although there are still lots of other classes I never tried.
I played Nwn 2 a bit but it was something about it, I never was on board properly. That game I never finished, I feel like Nwn 1 is absolutely the best.

I felt the same with NWN2. It never clicked and I lost interest very early into it.

I used to play NWN on Amia. It's the closest I ever got to playing an MMO. I had a fairy assassin/shadowdancer that was basically unhittable.

somethingdifficult
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Sep 2024, 12:09 am

I played a lot of mmos but never tried Nwn one. Does it work as an mmo? I feel like I wanted different things from those games - Nwn is for optimizing and trying builds solo while mmo is for grind pvp and bonding with a friend if possible

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2024, 12:22 am

I played a lot of mmos but never tried Nwn one. Does it work as an mmo? I feel like I wanted different things from those games - Nwn is for optimizing and trying builds solo while mmo is for grind pvp and bonding with a friend if possible

You can run a persistent server for NWN and make it sorta like a mini-MMO. The player base would typically be in the hundreds, rather than thousands or more like you'd expect for a proper MMO. This lead to a play style that was between what you're associating with NWN vs. MMOs. PVP was rare, some people optimized more for solo, some more for playing as a party, people tended to form small parties and grind against NPC foes but there was a strong OOC social element.

I don't think PVP fighting was as common in online RPGs at the time.

The best way I describe it is that it was similar to how MMOs were back in the early 00s, but much more cozy and small scale. Basically you and some people you knew as well as one might know other posters on here taking your characters out to murderhobo your way through some random spawns to get some loot. Some people were mostly there to play with other people, some people were mostly there for the murderhoboing and exploring, with the social element just being a means towards that end.

somethingdifficult
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Sep 2024, 2:08 pm

I see! Was that game similar to the standalone nwn with the dnd stuff?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2024, 2:38 pm

I see! Was that game similar to the standalone nwn with the dnd stuff?

Yes. The main difference was that you'd find other players to interact with instead of just NPCs.

Hokulea
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Sep 2024, 3:13 pm

The PS2 era GTA games, probably either San Andreas or Vice City.

Brian0787
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2024, 4:38 pm

enz wrote:
Brian0787 wrote:
Played this game alot when I was younger. Very fun! Rocky Marciano was one I frequently used :lol: He had the most effective uppercut in the game.

nice graphics and sound

I think so too for the time! Very fun to play too!

"In this galaxy, there’s a mathematical probability of three million Earth-type planets. And in all the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that, and perhaps more...only one of each of us. Don’t destroy the one named Kirk." - Dr. Leonard McCoy, "Balance of Terror", Star Trek: The Original Series.

Brian0787
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2024, 4:42 pm

Baldur's Gate is a great series! I remember watching a friend play the first Baldur's Gate II and thought it looked fun!

"In this galaxy, there’s a mathematical probability of three million Earth-type planets. And in all the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that, and perhaps more...only one of each of us. Don’t destroy the one named Kirk." - Dr. Leonard McCoy, "Balance of Terror", Star Trek: The Original Series.

Brian0787
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2024, 4:44 pm

Hokulea wrote:

I had Vice City and loved it! San Andreas looked interesting too. I ended up trying GTA IV for Xbox 360 but it got too much after a while. I loved the 80's theme in Vice City and the music!

Xenorere
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Sep 2024, 4:00 am

I'm torn between Xenoblade Chronicles 3 or Xenogears as my favorite game. Xbc3 ripped my heart to shreads in the most cathartic way possible and I loved it xD, maybe some slight masochism. And then Xenogears was definitely cathartic too, but it was wayyy more interesting scientifically. They covered some of the deepest and most difficult psychological/philosophical situations ever. And the feeling it gives you of how vast time is, the game spans over thousands of years. A game like this will never happen again

Hokulea
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Sep 2024, 5:54 am

Brian0787 wrote:
Hokulea wrote:

I had Vice City and loved it! San Andreas looked interesting too. I ended up trying GTA IV for Xbox 360 but it got too much after a while. I loved the 80's theme in Vice City and the music!

I think GTA IV is better on a technical level, but I still prefer the GTA games that were released on PS2. I even like there what is considered worse/less realistic physics. It might be because I'm so use to the old physics, but I personally consider them more fun.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2024, 7:23 am

I struggle to choose.

I put a lot of time into Doom and Doom 2 when I was a teenager. I liked making levels and sharing them.

But I also really liked the first few Command and Conquer strategy games.

I played Minecraft a lot at one time but I struggle to play it now. I just get bored.

The games that I've put most time into in recent years have been Zeldas - Twilight Princess/Skyward Sword/Breath of the Wild.

Oh and Immortality. I always have to mention Immortality even though I don't think it appeals to most gamers. It's more of a film-lovers game. It's barely a game at all in the conventional sense. But it is special.