Not getting ladies when you're older unless you are rich

Page 4 of 6 [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2024, 5:53 pm

Your mileage may vary but I don't know of any women who think their male partner needs to make the same or more. How would you even know unless it was a huge and obvious discrepancy? I'm not trying to be sarcastic but would these women ask for tax returns or pay stubs just to confirm, or would it be based on speculation about the person's job? What if they're unemployed but they have a stellar education and skillset? What if they have a steady job with reliable income but they don't make much but they're a great guy? What if you marry a guy with a good income and he loses his job? Do these women divorce them?

Maybe I live in a parallel universe to the rest of you but I don't see how that assertion could be true.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2024, 6:05 pm

Carbonhalo wrote:
Street crime is obvious, but I fail to see a link between homelessness and drugs except for poverty forcing one into dealing.

I've had homeless people in my family. In most cases their homelessness began with narcotic drug addiction which caused their family to kick them out, or for the person to lose their job and go bankrupt buying their drug. That begins a cycle of petty crime and/or selling.

In the case of my female cousin she was a real housewife of CA married to a millionaire, who never had a job in her life apart from raising her beautiful, pedigreed kids. She wound up pregnant, addicted to crack and living in an unheated garage with her dealer before she was sold to the sex trade and presumably killed.

My son's mother had her house seized by police because she was cooking meth. She then became a homeless sex worker before committing murder and going on the run.

The man I dated who was homeless was addicted to prescription opioids and used me, so he could get them for free on my insurance. Of course I didn't know that's what was happening at the time.

Of course there are some homeless people who aren't involved with drugs, and some addicts who aren't homeless, but I'd be worried about drug use in the community even if I were to date someone sober without a home.

Carbonhalo wrote:
Do you really think men don't cruise tent cities looking for the exploitable?
It's a major hazard in Africa and the middle east

I said they don't cruise Tent City looking for relationships, meaning someone to date or marry.

Fnord's comment was about dating homeless people, not about exploiting them.

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2024, 6:30 pm

I don't think the question of whether homeless people are likely to get dates is really the topic of this thread. (I do think that homeless people date other homeless people and that for women who are homeless finding a man to have a relationship (of sorts) with is a way to get shelter and some measure of safety.) But this topic is about women who are not homeless but of average means wanting to date men who have money. I think that probably does exist as a thing, but again it's up to individual preference. For me, it doesn't matter if the man I date has money, as I don't expect to depend on him financially. I prefer to have my own means of supporting myself. I also don't think less of someone because of their financial situation.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2024, 6:37 pm

Carbonhalo wrote:
Street crime is obvious, but I fail to see a link between homelessness and drugs except for poverty forcing one into dealing.

Homelessness is regularly linked with drug abuse. Sometimes homelessness is initiated by the effects of drug abuse and sometimes being homeless in the first place can cause a person to become addicted to drugs, when exposed to the criminal elements of a particular location.

Being high on drugs and the behaviour stemming from that can cause people to be evicted from their homes, even when they have money to pay for their rent or mortgages.

Addictions can cost a lot of money and lead some people to go bankrupt, either formally or informally.

Recreational drugs by their very nature are criminal in the eyes of the laws of many countries and especially when you move further up the ladder from cannabis and onto things like speed or cocaine or heroin or whatever else horrible drugs there are that exist.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2024, 2:40 am

bee33 wrote:
For me, it doesn't matter if the man I date has money, as I don't expect to depend on him financially. I prefer to have my own means of supporting myself. I also don't think less of someone because of their financial situation.

there are men who will use women for money though.

Carbonhalo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2024, 4:02 am

blitzkrieg wrote:
Carbonhalo wrote:

Homelessness is regularly linked with drug abuse. Sometimes homelessness is initiated by the effects of drug abuse and sometimes being homeless in the first place can cause a person to become addicted to drugs, when exposed to the criminal elements of a particular location.

Being high on drugs and the behaviour stemming from that can cause people to be evicted from their homes, even when they have money to pay for their rent or mortgages.

Addictions can cost a lot of money and lead some people to go bankrupt, either formally or informally.

Recreational drugs by their very nature are criminal in the eyes of the laws of many countries and especially when you move further up the ladder from cannabis and onto things like speed or cocaine or heroin or whatever else horrible drugs there are that exist.

I guess I should have said "homelessness causing drug abuse" because I wasn't including pre existing abuse causing homelessness.
Drug abuse due to "being exposed to criminal elements" I would fold into street crime.

And... One man's horrible drugs are another man's medication.

Having said that, I mostly agree with everything you said.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2024, 3:40 am

Jamesy wrote:
I remember on yahoo answers I posted a question saying that I was in "no hurry to settle down because I have my 30s, 40, and 50s etc to hook up with women". One poster replied to me saying "If you think you will be getting women when you get over 30 you can forget about it unless you are very rich"

At the time i just turneds 21 when I posted that. In a way do you think he made an excellent point in response to me?

How do you suggest getting very rich?I figure you would have to start a business to get real rich.You could get a small fortune as a worker by small I mean 1 to 5 million so is 1 to 5 million rich enough for you.If not you need to think about beingw a small business owner.You prolly wont make 5 million but 1 million aint out of the question at your age.Most people get rich later in life.I went to school for sociology and the thing is the rich marry the rich so a woman from a wealthy background prolly wont marry you if you are not from a wealthy background.You would most likely be marrying someone with money if you have money in your 50's.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2024, 3:59 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
the thing is the rich marry the rich so a woman from a wealthy background prolly wont marry you if you are not from a wealthy background. You would most likely be marrying someone with money if you have money in your 50's.

Aint that the truth. It's not like this is a new thing either. was a reason for this scripture Matthew 19:24 "I'll say it again-it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of A needle than for a rich person to enter the Kingdom of God!"

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2024, 7:53 pm

All that glitters is not gold.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2024, 9:58 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
All that glitters is not gold.

I've dated girls from wealthy families before and only managed one date. At the time I blamed them for being snobs but retrospectively I realise it must have been hard for them. When everything is done for you from birth you inevitably lose touch with reality. Something Elon Musk, Kim Jong Un, Donald trump and Prince Andrew all have in common. All four have treated people terribly (some worse than others) but their wealthy environment has created a bubble that has enabled their behaviour.

If you are a girl who has been given to a wealthy life, invariably you become accustomed to getting what you want and a certain level of comfort. You become accustomed to social circles of people who think like you, talk like you, move in the same circles, eat the same food, travel to the same places, same country clubs etc etc. Dating somebody normal from the "middle class" must be a little bit interacting with an exotic individual from another country. It might also be a little scary thinking of how much they will lose/sacrifice by hanging around Mr ordinary.

Something else I noticed is their frame of reference is different. Wealthy Asians I dated often had servants who were at their beck and call and conversation revolved I asked "Maria" to make me noodles and she burned them because she was being "slack" or my driver "muhammed" was taking me to school and the limousine power windows weren't working so I was so furious and asked him when did you last service the car! Obviously I couldn't relate and had no good servant stories to swap :lol:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2024, 12:17 am

The issues some may experience with lack of romance may be mostly due to with classism (as Cyberdad illustrated).

The counter-expectation is called the "Cinderella Syndrome" (I think) -- you are the poor, penniless, downtrodden drudge waiting for someone special person to rescue you from your miserable existence (with a little help from a magical godparent, maybe).

We should stop teaching fairy tales to children.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2024, 1:00 am

Fnord wrote:
The counter-expectation is called the "Cinderella Syndrome" (I think) -- you are the poor, penniless, downtrodden drudge waiting for someone special person to rescue you from your miserable existence (with a little help from a magical godparent, maybe).

Worked for at least two plebians
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meghan,_Duchess_of_Sussex
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_Mary_of_Denmark

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2024, 1:20 am

cyberdad wrote:
I've dated girls from wealthy families before and only managed one date. At the time I blamed them for being snobs but retrospectively I realise it must have been hard for them. When everything is done for you from birth you inevitably lose touch with reality.

This is a generalization based on class. People with wealthy parents don't necessarily have "everything" done for them from birth, and unless they have a derealization disorder it's doubtful they lose touch with reality. Children of wealthy families might have experienced emotional neglect, trauma, abuse, or average lives just like any other person. Their values aren't always shaped by material pursuits. Wealthy families don't always indulge their kids or live opulent and lavish lifestyles. In fact the opposite is often true, with hard work and charitable acts expected as the norm.

cyberdad wrote:

If you are a girl who has been given to a wealthy life, invariably you become accustomed to getting what you want and a certain level of comfort.

Another sexist and classist generalization.
That sounds more like a psychological disorder.

Regardless if it were true, wouldn't it also be true for boys?

cyberdad wrote:

You become accustomed to social circles of people who think like you, talk like you, move in the same circles, eat the same food, travel to the same places, same country clubs etc etc.

This isn't always true.
Some wealthy families are dysfunctional and don't have social circles, country club memberships, etc.
Many rich kids I knew ended up on drugs because they were unfulfilled emotionally.

cyberdad wrote:

Dating somebody normal from the "middle class" must be a little bit interacting with an exotic individual from another country. It might also be a little scary thinking of how much they will lose/sacrifice by hanging around Mr ordinary.

What the heck, cyber?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2024, 1:50 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
That sounds more like a psychological disorder.
Regardless if it were true, wouldn't it also be true for boys?

It is
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affluenza

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2024, 2:24 am

Do you believe all wealthy people and their children have this flu, and these morals?

Also what exactly is an exotic individual from another country?
What is it like interacting with them? (You didn't elaborate.)

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2024, 3:34 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Do you believe all wealthy people and their children have this flu, and these morals?

Also what exactly is an exotic individual from another country?
What is it like interacting with them? (You didn't elaborate.)

People who are used to only mixing with upper middle class/wealthy people having to "talk" to a middle class person for the first time are likely to experience a feeling that a middle class north American might experience speaking to a person from another country for the first time. I imagine its a learning experience for both.