Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2024, 7:10 am

People trying to bring back normal.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2024, 9:10 am

People coming together during great diversity. People helping people.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2024, 7:45 am

There are two versions of Reality.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2024, 8:16 am

Helene deaths could rival Katrina: Law enforcement sources

Sources tell Dan Abrams that the total killed by Helene will grow “by hundreds” in coming days, maybe even rivaling 2005’s Hurricane Katrina, which killed upwards of 1,300 people. Brandon Daugherty, the CEO and co-founder of Operator Solutions, which assisted in North Carolina cleanup following Hurricane Helene, joins to discuss what he’s seen on the ground.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2024, 9:49 am

Storm Chasers in the Eye of the Storm

After the storm struck the Big Bend area of Florida, at 28.5 minutes into this video, one week after the storm in Elk Park, North Carolina, they installed a Starlink to open up communications to that area.

A lack of help from the federal government.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2024, 11:11 am

The USDOT’s FHWA has announced Emergency Relief funds for states badly affected by Hurricane Helene. North Carolina has received $100 million, while Tennessee has been allocated $32 million, and South Carolina $2 million, to address damage to roads and bridges.

Hurricane Helene, which impacted the region from September 26-28, 2024, caused significant infrastructure damage through heavy rainfall, flooding, winds, and tornados.

In North Carolina, the storm led to flash flooding, landslides, road washouts, and bridge collapses, including damage to I-40 at several locations. Tennessee experienced similar issues, with substantial damage reported in eight counties, resulting in the closure of I-40 and I-26 near the Tennessee/North Carolina state line.

USDOT provides $134m in Emergency Relief funds, following Hurricane Helene

Let's hope that this aid makes it to the people in most need from this cataclysm.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2024, 11:58 am

One mans account from the mountains of North Carolina.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2024, 12:11 pm

An analysis of the disaster preparedness.

The podcast also then goes on to discuss a massive disaster headed our way because of damage from Hurricane Helene.
The world's semiconductor industry hinges on a single quartz factory in North Carolina. The deposits formed 380 million years ago when Africa collided with North America.

"The modern economy rests on a single road in Spruce Pine, North Carolina"
This road leads to a Sibelco North America Inc. facility where ultra-high-purity quartz is mined. This location is vitally important as it is claimed to be "the sole supplier of the quartz required to make the crucibles needed to refine silicon wafers."

This will produce a global disaster in the chip industry 6 months from now when the chips are depleted.

It will effect the production of semiconductors, solar panels, optical fiber and quartz lighting. If you have a cell phone, a computer, everything is effected by this special unique quartz. It is a unique item found no where else in the world.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2024, 12:01 pm

The federal government finally seems to be coming online to help recovery efforts for Hurricane Helene and Milton.

Hurricanes Helene and Milton Updates and Information