Page 5 of 5 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2024, 6:02 pm

Rhapsody wrote:
Using the women you have access to in order to dismiss our lived experiences, because we are apparently a monolith? And the worst, the absolute worst is insinuating that I deserved to be harassed for being in the "wrong" place at the "wrong" time. None of these things are conducive to a discussion, and are inappropriate.

One more thing, I teach my daughter to practice being safe when she is outside. But I also want her to give people the benefit of the doubt. Don't go through life thinking the worst of people. Assume people (male or female) are decent human beings (unless they prove otherwise) as that is better for your personal mental health and wellbeing.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2024, 6:09 pm

MaxE wrote:
Maybe this thread should be locked, nothing positive seems likely to come from it. My apologies to the OP, I think he meant well when he started the thread, but on today's WP it was probably doomed from conception.

the OPs question was...Was the girl giving him mixed messages? I think the answer was yes. Her motivation is what is a mystery. Some here have postulated she may have picked up concerns over safety but I also pointed out her cultural background might mean she was never serious to begin with and at best was looking for opportunity for interaction, satisfy her curiosity and perhaps have some fun. Or maybe she became bored/distracted and found something else or somebody else to get interested in. Life is complicated.