Page 1 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2009, 7:13 am

I don't think I have a single item of clothing that doesn't have some kind of food stain on it. Does anyone else have trouble managing their mouth?

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2009, 8:50 am

Yes! It is very annoying.

pschristmas
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2009, 9:01 am

Many people have this issue. When my family gets together, we have a joke that the meal hasn't begun until someone's got food in their lap.

Regards,

Patricia

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2009, 9:02 am

It's like you can't feel your mouth or something-which is weird because I'm always pressing my lips together unconsciously.

SteveeVader
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Jun 2009, 9:04 am

haha I do that as well its weird I admit well really annoying hehe

sbcmetroguy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2009, 9:59 am

Everyone knows if they go out to eat with me, I will usually end up with a food stain on my shirt. Seems to happen the most with Chinese food, perhaps because of the thin sauces, or because when I get around Chinese food I turn into a caveman and lose all real thought process. Chinese food makes me high. :)

activebutodd
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2009, 10:04 am

It happens, mainly because I eat alone. And also by the time I'm ready to face eating food I am ravenous.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2009, 10:06 am

you look hungry :D

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2009, 10:27 am

For me, it seems to be a motor-coordination thing.

my seat at a resturaunt table always looks like a disaster area when I am done...or like a baby has just been sitting there...food all over the table, and the floor, and my seat, because I sit indian style and what food would fall in my lap ends up in the seat.

activebutodd
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2009, 1:29 pm

Aimless wrote:
you look hungry :D

Braaiiins! :lol:

13 Jun 2009, 1:54 pm

Bibs are a solution to this problem.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2009, 1:56 pm

My grandmother always wore a bib

13 Jun 2009, 1:59 pm

I wear one sometimes. Not for AB play but for when I am eating spaghettioes out of the can because the sauce can drip on my shirt and I don't want to get it dirty.

sluice
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2009, 2:09 pm

I am dangerous. I had a girlfriend out at a restaurant once with my parents. She had a nice dress on and was trying to make a good impression. I asked for a bottle of ketchup for my meal. It was in a glass bottle so it wouldn't flow easily. I started pounding on the back of it to get it started when the bottle flew out of my hands and drenched her dress in ketchup. I normally laugh when these things happen. That wasn't a good response, let me tell you.

I've knocked glasses onto people's laps and propelled springy food off my plate across the table into unsuspecting mouths. Most of my shirts die from wear and tear. Other people's clothing apparently I don't respect as much.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2009, 2:46 pm

Yeah I have the most clothes that need to be washed.

13 Jun 2009, 2:57 pm

I had always leaned over my plate when I eat because I didn't want to get it on myself. When I eat on the couch. I hold the plate up to my face when I take a bite. I haven't eaten at the table in years now it feels like. Not since I have lived on my own. Maybe I should get rid of our table since we don't ever use it. :lol: I can just see my own child eating his or her food at the coffee table. Maybe I won't even need a high chair. The child can just eat at the coffee table and I can just feed my baby in their infant carrier or in their walker like my mother did with my little brother. I can picture the child going to school and saying he or she has never had a family meal at the table because we all just get out food and do our own thing as we eat it and kids will think "lucky" because they are forced to sit at the table at home and eat their food.