Page 1 of 5 [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

robbokris
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Jun 2009, 9:23 am

When you are upset or have a problem do you tell your parents about it or do keep it to yourself? I don't personally tell my parents and sometimes I think that I'm the only person who doesn't and I feel bad for it. Does anybody else feel the same way as me?

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2009, 9:24 am

I tell them about everything.

kip
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2009, 9:37 am

I could care less about my father, for reasons I won't bore you with. So I don't tell him jack.

My mum though, I tell her pretty much everything. If there's something I think she may freak out about, I also have 'Momma Sandy', my best friends mum, to run things by. Like possible pregnancies. Mum doesn't need to worry if I'm not, but if I was, I'd tell her right away. At some point, I tell mum everything. My sister too, she trusts mum. Though, Mum let Sis smoke weed on non school days, so she's pretty cool about things. She doesn't really do the parental freakout thing, so I suppose that helps me tell her things.

?the end of our exploring, will be to arrive where we started, and know the place for the first time. - T.S. Eliot

SamusAran88
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Jun 2009, 10:21 am

robbokris wrote:
When you are upset or have a problem do you tell your parents about it or do keep it to yourself? I don't personally tell my parents and sometimes I think that I'm the only person who doesn't and I feel bad for it. Does anybody else feel the same way as me?

That was most certainly me in high school. I always felt like my parents just wouldn't like anything important I might have to tell them. I also thought they were judging me for a lot of my teenage years. I still can't explain why I felt that way, so alone and vulnerable even to them. It felt like the worst catch 22. I couldn't confide in them because I felt I couldn't trust them, but how do you tell your parents you don't feel like you can trust them? I felt trapped basically. I think sometimes you just have to let go and have faith that whatever may be wrong in your life, that your parents will understand because you are their child and they want to care for you and support you. The idea still freaks me out sometimes but I have to give them my trust so that I feel like I have theirs.

Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2009, 10:29 am

In a word, no. Not after I did prior to getting judged nagatively by them.

Gifted-Monster
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Jun 2009, 10:56 am

I tell my parent nothing. Zip, nada, squat.

She barely knows me and I prefer it that way. Used to confide in her but...

lelia
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2009, 11:19 am

I loved my mother and we had such good times together. Every time I see a newspaper article I think she would be interested in and I reach for the scissors, I remember again she's gone. I miss her.
My dad, not so much. I think he has affection for me, but it's hard to tell. He hates that I am a Christian. He hates that I am a Republican. At least he does not hate my husband for having been in the military, but he loathes the military. So when I visit him once a week, we talk about the gardening weather and his past. I catch him up on my family, but he does not seem interested.

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2009, 11:28 am

No way.

My mum buys into the assumption that if I'm hiding stuff from her, it must mean it's something bad. Not true at all, I just hate her and mistrust her and don't want her to laugh at me like she always does.

I ain't ever gonna tell her that I'm bi, I've only told my two best friends (and now WP). Even if she's cool with it, my brother won't be cos he's a bigot, and if he finds out the whole school finds out cos he spreads rumours about me at school, and I definitely don't want people at school finding out.

I'm not going to be living in the same country as my family once I'm 18, so they don't need to know.

y es como un semestre"

Asterisp
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2009, 12:52 pm

I tell my mother a lot, my father less. But I do not tell them all, like dating someone. Otherwise they get really excited about it and there is a lot of pressure on me.

malithion2
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Jun 2009, 1:59 pm

Pretty much no. My mom I dunno ever since she took me to the doctor and they tested me for ADD she treats me like I'm mental challenged or something it gets on my nerves. My dad meh haven't talked to him in 5 months.

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2009, 2:26 pm

I tell my mother almost everything b/c she can read me like a book (its really annoying actually). I have no problems with her, its just creepy how well she can read me :roll: (on top of having 100% perfect Aspie/Autie & Gay dar). I mean she can tell if someone is autistic or gay just by looking at them or talking to them once on the phone 8O . So, it means I never bother trying to hide anything from her.

p.s. Not trying to offend anyone with the terms Aspie, Autie & gay dar (I meant like radar) :oops:

robbokris
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Jun 2009, 2:47 pm

gina-ghettoprincess wrote:
No way.

My mum buys into the assumption that if I'm hiding stuff from her, it must mean it's something bad. Not true at all, I just hate her and mistrust her and don't want her to laugh at me like she always does.

I ain't ever gonna tell her that I'm bi, I've only told my two best friends (and now WP). Even if she's cool with it, my brother won't be cos he's a bigot, and if he finds out the whole school finds out cos he spreads rumours about me at school, and I definitely don't want people at school finding out.

I'm not going to be living in the same country as my family once I'm 18, so they don't need to know.

Your brother doesn't seem to be the trustworthy type and also I think that hate is a strong word to use against your mum, don't intend to criticise your use of the word "hate" btw I'm just posting my observation.

Orangutangirl
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Jun 2009, 2:53 pm

I'll tell my dad pretty much everything, because he's really easy to talk to and I know he'll listen and not judge. My mum not so much, it's not that I don't trust her, it's just that she's harder for me to talk to. I'd like to be able to tell her things, but when it comes to it, I can't. I always get the feeling I'm boring her, or she'll think I'm stupid or she's laughing at me. Which is silly, because I can't tell and she probably isn't. But anyway, she doesn't even hear much about my obsessions. It makes me sad sometimes, but at least I have my dad and my Narnie.

SamusAran88
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Jun 2009, 3:53 pm

gina-ghettoprincess wrote:
No way.

Gina, I'm so sorry to hear that. Good thing you've found a community where you can be accepted for who you are though! My hometown only really accepts straight white Christians and people eat up gossip for breakfast. I really hope you find more people who you can trust and who accept you for you because nobody deserves to feel like they're alone and don't belong.

scorpileo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2009, 4:02 am

I tend to keep tghings to myself and solve them myself

KiyokosOnlyOnigiri
Raven
Raven

16 Jun 2009, 4:28 pm

I love my mother, but I don't trust her a lot. When I try to be honest with her, she gets mad at me... as for my dad, there's no point as he is dead (literally - heart attack when I was 5).