Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

TheSpecialKid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Jun 2009, 11:06 am

Sometimes when I'm alone I listen alot to music.
I really love listening to it, and I feel the music and almost drift to another world while doing this.
The music just sounds great!
I'm not sure for how long I do this, but I think it's for about an hour or so.
In the beginning I just listen and feel with the music, and then after a while, I begin getting thoughts about my life,
like philosophical thoughts.
I keep listening until I get a feeling of satisfaction, and when this happens I get extremely clear thoughts.
I see and remember things from past experiences very clear and vivid, with everything from sounds to feelings.
It's almost like an europhoic state.
When I'm done doing this, and if I'm still alone, I feel much more connected to the world and is in a lot better mood.
I love the feeling, and I get kind of the same feeling when I'm really connected to a special interest and researching alot.

That's the absolute best way I can describe it.
Is anyone else experiencing similar things?

(I wrote this in a notepad-document while I could still remember what to write, and now when I'm about to post it, i see the title of the topic "glider18's Wonderful World of Autism" which I think fits really well to this topic.)

gramirez
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2009, 11:17 am

This is me to a T!

I love music. It's simply incredible.

Justin227
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Jun 2009, 11:45 am

Yes, it's a natural high for me. Like after I excercise, and sit in a cool room, air conditioner on, a cold drink in hand. I feel the same way. I usually write posts or emails when listening to music because my head is most clear then. Or, I can space out and listen to the same song until I reach that satisfaction.

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2009, 11:46 am

Oh yes. Not for nothing is there an entire genre of music called "trance" which is intended to do this to people.

TheSpecialKid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Jun 2009, 11:56 am

Janissy wrote:
Oh yes. Not for nothing is there an entire genre of music called "trance" which is intended to do this to people.

Year, though I do it to all kinds of music, rock, pop, techno, you name it. Even classical, and that's actually one of those I really like doing this to.
I listen to almost all genres of music, but my favorite is pop. But I still prefer doing this to classical. Is it the same thing as zoning/spacing out?

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2009, 12:06 pm

I don't think it really sounds like zoning out or spacing out. It sounds more like the sort of meditative state that musicians would just love for you to be in when you listen to their music.

TheSpecialKid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Jun 2009, 12:28 pm

Janissy wrote:
I don't think it really sounds like zoning out or spacing out. It sounds more like the sort of meditative state that musicians would just love for you to be in when you listen to their music.

Yeah, cause zoning/spacing out would be more like staring into space, and not really look at anything or think anything. Right?...
EDIT: You're right, (not talking to myself :P), cause I wrote that it was a similar feeling to when I was going really into a special interest, and zoning/spacing out does NOT fit that.

mangochutney
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Jun 2009, 12:51 pm

I cannot go a day without listening to music for this very reason. I just will not leave the house without my ipod - it's my 'me' time and makes it so much easier for me to concentrate on getting from A to B. I'd almost rather travel somewhere by myself so I can listen to music on the way than having someone to talk with on the journey. And I'll spend loads of time picking out individual parts, like the bass lines, and working out how it makes the song as a whole better.

Music really is great. :)

dustintorch
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2009, 1:06 pm

yep!! that's me....I couldn't have described it better.

Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2009, 2:51 pm

It depends what song it is. Some is just trash, but others....

I like songs with good lyrics which either put me in the songwriters shoes (there's that empathy I lack again) or which reflect my feelings. Other times, I listen to non-lyrical music for the sake of slipping away.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

20 Jun 2009, 6:07 pm

That is definitely the case for me, too. I can listen to music sometimes as background, but when the music takes me to that special head space, I feel wonderful. And I hate it when the phone rings in the middle of it. Thank goodness it doesn't ring often. I love Trance music, but also most electronica, Classical, and New Age stuff.

Trystania
Raven
Raven

20 Jun 2009, 10:27 pm

I have the same feelings. Sometimes I'll curl up and just sob because the music is so beautiful, overwhelming and intense and I feel trapped by my body when I really want to just spin in the sky. It's like I feel completely weightless. I always have music when I'm out walking, it's so nice to just breathe fresh air and listen to my favourite songs.

fiddlerpianist
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2009, 11:55 pm

I prefer music without words. I can sit and listen for hours to really good music and become absolutely transformed. If good music is playing, I can't do anything else, including conversations with others. I will be in mid sentence and then say, "oh, here comes the really good part," referring to the music.

brothersport

21 Jun 2009, 12:15 am

I hate when I'm really focused on listening to a great song and someone keeps wanting to talk to me.

Trystania
Raven
Raven

21 Jun 2009, 1:15 am

A great song is to fly to is A Forest By The Cure. It has no corners it's just circular and lovely. The Same Deep Water As You (also by The Cure) is also great. Sigur Ros is another band that's good to drift to. Their lyrics are in a a made up language therefore you don't have to make any real effort to comprehend the lyrics, just listen!

sqoouf
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Jun 2009, 2:24 pm

I love listening to music.
For some rather strange and unknown reason, i just cannot sleep without having 30 secconds to mars playing.
I love music with lots of bass. I love the vibrations from my subwoofer - it's strange really, considering that I hate loud noises.
It's officially a disaster if I don't have access to my phone, MP3 player, computer, cd player or a radio. I must be listening to music, all the time.
I, also will not leave the house without my MP3 player, or phone, whichever has the better charged battery!