Were you a bridezilla?
Yes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No 29%  29%  [ 15 ]
A little 8%  8%  [ 4 ]
Off and on 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
I never got married (I want to see the results) 61%  61%  [ 31 ]
Total votes : 51
21 Jun 2009, 11:29 pm

I voted "A little" because I was a bridezilla before the wedding. I had a little meltdown, didn't have my purse because I forgot it at my aunt and uncle's house and then my uncle forgot it when we called him to bring it with. I had two checks to write and I was bored because I didn't have a thing to do. My book was in there so all I had was my CD case with CDs in it and the wedding didn't start at one like it was supposed to. I should have put in my inventation "1pm (literally) to 5PM" so everyone would know be there before one and they need to be seated by one because it starts at one on the nose.

Last edited by Spokane_Girl on 23 Jun 2009, 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2009, 12:18 am

just wanted to see the results...I will most likely never get married...congratulations though...

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2009, 8:41 am

If I ever get married, which is statistically highly unlikely, it will be a very small family only affair. Even as a little girl I had no desire for all the hooha.

pschristmas
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2009, 9:41 am

My father refused to pay for a wedding. At the time, he said it was because he'd paid for a big wedding for my sister and then she'd gotten divorced and he didn't want to waste money on another, but now I think that maybe he was just a better judge of character than I was and was trying to stop me from getting married at all. I had just turned 18 and had only known my fiance for about three months. My parents never told me I couldn't date him, but I think they were just hoping the whole thing would fade away.

D and I went ahead and were making plans, but then when we were on a date he got all angsty about how I was never going to really marry him, so we went to the pastor's house that night and eloped. The pastor asked if my parents knew what we were doing and I said they did because I interpreted him to mean did they know that we were going to get married. Later, when he said he had meant to ask if they knew where we were and that we were going to get married that particular night, I was ind of embarrassed.

Regards,

Patricia

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2009, 6:05 am

I find the hooha to be impressive....to an extent, while at the same time unfathomable....The last two weddings I attended were slightly unconventional...but extravagant...One took place at this really pretty sort of outdoor "lodge:...and they had a gamelan group playing the whole time and the food was all mediterranean and all the members of the wedding party were pierced and tattooed...etc....I wore a silly vintage dress and everyone kept asking me if I made it..I got funny looks from some of the older more conservative guests...
I don't think the bride was a "Bridezilla"...but it was a pretty elaborate setup..

The last wedding I went to took place in a park, and then there was a bicycle precession to the reception. The groom told me to dress up in a funny costume, so I did...and then turned out to be one of the only people there wearing a funny costume....but I like the idea of that..if I were to have a wedding it would be some sort of silly costume wedding...with nothing serious at all...

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2009, 7:07 am

Yeah, I guess if it was fun I'd feel differently. My nephew and bride are serious members of The Society for Creative Anachronisms and they had a medieval wedding. They incorporated elements of the Jewish ceremony because the bride is Jewish and it blended in beautifully. They had sword fights etc. I guess my biggest problem with a big wedding would simply be stage fright. Maybe if I could put a bag on my head :lol:

number5
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2009, 7:50 pm

Vegas all the way. The thought of all the formalities, planning and expenses for a whole bunch of fancy crap that I'm not interested in anyway made the hubs and I choose Vegas. We had a small gathering of immediate family and friends and I got to wear sneakers :D . It was the best day of my life! Sure we got a bit of grief from our families, but who's the one getting married? We requested that no one bring a gift since they were cool enough to fly out there for us. I think way too many people focus more on the wedding than the marriage!

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2009, 8:47 pm

I knew a guy who got married in Vegas by an Elvis impersonator :D

Zornslemma
Raven
Raven

27 Jun 2009, 1:03 am

WTF is a "bridezilla"???

It never ceases to amaze me how the vast majority of married WP members are women(like Waaaaaay more than 50%)

bhetti
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2009, 3:07 am

Aimless wrote:
I knew a guy who got married in Vegas by an Elvis impersonator :D
I wanted to do that! my husband wouldn't agree, and since it was his first marriage and my second, we did a small, inexpensive, traditional ceremony officiated by my sister. it was actually pretty nice.

my first wedding was really stressful because my ex kept freaking out the day before the wedding. I couldn't stand having him questioning every thing I'd already arranged when he'd had no interest and no involvement, so I sent him to his mother's. I wish I'd know how horrible he actually was, I would have made him stay there instead of going through with the wedding and having to endure, for the next 17 years, his sappy description to friends of how beautiful I was on that day, while he was an as*hole to me in private.

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2009, 4:31 am

I have always had a bit of an obsession with dresses, even from when I was little. I joined Ballet not because I wanted to dance, but because I wanted to wear a tutu.

So I want a wedding dress, I would be really annoyed if I didnt get married because I want a nice ring and to wear an amazing white dress. With a huge skirt. And a veil. The ring doesnt have to be a rock, I dont suit big rings anyway.. Im not sure what stone I would like... I would like something durable though as it would be worn every day, I hope....

Oh and flowers, I love flowers.

I've always wanted to be married at the zoo, or on a beach, but probably not practical and my Christian grandmother would be unhappy. And I might get sand in my dress.

The groom features somewhere in this, as a faint haze.

04 Jul 2009, 7:02 pm

Zornslemma wrote:
WTF is a "bridezilla"???

It never ceases to amaze me how the vast majority of married WP members are women(like Waaaaaay more than 50%)

Bridezilla=women being b*****s due to stress from the wedding. It happens during the wedding and before it as they are planning it. I think that's the right definition.

CRD
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2009, 7:19 pm

Some women just snap and go all bridezilla about there weddings and then are fine after it's all said and done. But did anyone see that crazy woman that smashed her cake and broke the flowers on the driveway? Why would anyone want to marry that, I hope the guys got a tasser or something. <on the show bridezillas last week.>

subliculous
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Jul 2009, 8:30 pm

don't care about weddings, will probably never marry. so, no.

JessicaDayla
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jul 2009, 8:53 am

Never been married, but I would rather the other person deal with the wedding, and just take my input into it, it would make my life easier.

MomofTom
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2009, 9:08 pm

I bore the stress of having to find out that our Best Man and Matron of Honor were getting a divorce. One of them had to be switched before the big day. Needless to say, I was slightly bitchy at the unexpectedness of the announcement. :roll: