Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2009, 3:19 am

RIP Michael Jackson!

CyclopsSummers
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2009, 3:26 am

Are these the ones that have nostalgic meaning for you, personally, or have you attempted to make a list that the general audience will consider most memorable?

I'm only 4 years younger than you are, but the earliest memories I have to Michael Jackson's music are singles that were released off his 'Dangerous' album, especially 'Black Or White' (which I thought was a great video at the time), and 'Heal The World'. When 'HIStory' came out, I was 8, so my memories of that are clearer. 'Earth Song' was once more quite spectacular in my opinion, and I remember when 'Stranger In Moscow', and 'Scream' came out.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2009, 5:26 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcIjRadFreM[/youtube]

JML101582
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2009, 9:46 am

CyclopsSummers wrote:
Are these the ones that have nostalgic meaning for you, personally, or have you attempted to make a list that the general audience will consider most memorable?

I'm only 4 years younger than you are, but the earliest memories I have to Michael Jackson's music are singles that were released off his 'Dangerous' album, especially 'Black Or White' (which I thought was a great video at the time), and 'Heal The World'. When 'HIStory' came out, I was 8, so my memories of that are clearer. 'Earth Song' was once more quite spectacular in my opinion, and I remember when 'Stranger In Moscow', and 'Scream' came out.

Mostly it's both, but the songs and videos are basically the majority of the audience that were with MJ from his heyday in the 1980s and the early 1990s. The majority of the people who normally visited the site are going to be pissed with me that the "Thriller" video is #2 on the video list rather than its obvious #1 poisition. IMO, "Smooth Criminal" is his best video he has ever done so the Nostalgia Critic isn't the only one that thinks that. Also, "Thriller" the song is pretty popular, yet personally I don't think the song is that great (or at least great enough to make it to the top ten).

Sorry if these songs didn't make the list, but the songs on the list (or at least to me) had the most impact in my life during my childhood.

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2009, 11:34 am

RIP MJ...

tha_tempest
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Jul 2009, 1:59 pm

"Man in the mirror" is quite a nostalgic one to me, too. I hadn't heard it in a while till yesterday.