Anybody feel like roaming alone sometimes?

Page 1 of 6 [ 92 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Ebonwinter
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2009, 1:47 am

I myself enjoy wandering in forested areas, which is fortunate I'm in the south. Or I really love wandering in snowy areas.

Its odd how its like my spirit craves it sometimes, is this odd?

Kasanova
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Jul 2009, 1:49 am

I feel like this a lot, but all I can do is go for a walk around where I live, which is suburban. There are a couple parks though, but that's it. I'd love to just wander round somewhere like a big forest though. Haven't been anywhere like that for ages

CactusKid
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Jul 2009, 2:21 am

It's one of my favorite pastimes. Especially in a wooded area during or after a slight drizzle.

CactusKid

02 Jul 2009, 2:23 am

It's one of my favorite pastimes. Especially in a wooded area during or after a slight drizzle.

Ebonwinter
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2009, 2:32 am

CactusKid wrote:

A little echo in here lol

but I too love it after it rains the smells and the drops falling off the leaves

Raskle
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Jul 2009, 4:52 am

I enjoy walking by myself. One of my earliest memories is me leaving my house and walking to the local lake. I can't remember how young I was, but probably four or five. My parents went bananas! I also enjoy walking around cities. I spent a few months in Australia two years ago, and walked the entire span of most of the major cities and towns on the east coast. The Matrix films were filmed mainly in Sydney, and I spent an entire day walking around that city looking for filming locations. I found the water fountain from the Woman With The Red Dress scene, but sadly she wasn't there. :(

activebutodd
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2009, 4:59 am

Yes. Usually I just wander around the suburb where I live. I love forests.

matsuiny2004
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2009, 5:19 am

Ebonwinter wrote:
I myself enjoy wandering in forested areas, which is fortunate I'm in the south. Or I really love wandering in snowy areas.

Its odd how its like my spirit craves it sometimes, is this odd?

no it's not. Many ADDer's I have talked to like excercise, especially hiking and even find a spiritual experience in hiking. There is a mgaical world in the forest for them. I feel like this too, but for some reaons I will only go with my father :?

surveys are scientific, they have numbers in them- me (satire)

DavidF
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Jul 2009, 6:08 am

I love wandering in remote areas alone. I use to go camping by myself in a mountainous region. It was great at night hearing the kangaroo calls (I live in Australia) and the sound of gum tree limbs breaking off and crashing to the ground. Plus, the night sky was magical.

AndiBone
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Jul 2009, 6:44 am

I like to escape from people by being out in the middle of nowhere. I used to cycle but my bike (and my hand) got trashed going over a pothole. :(

asplanet
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2009, 7:01 am

Me to I love wandering in alone, especially in extreme weather partly I love and also less likely to be anyone else about and luckily I can in my local hills.

Atomsk
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2009, 7:14 am

I like wandering around urban areas. I was born and grew up in Alaska, and I hate the wilderness. Too many bugs.

Darrenj777
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Jul 2009, 7:17 am

oh m,y god i love wandering....

i love wanedering in nature, but also through urban envrioments sometimes, especially, though i did have dangerous habit of walkign across foreign cities at night for hours! i did that in tashkent once and got into alot of trouble.

its odd but in a natural enviroment, wooded enviroment i feel so different, so alive, so attentive... i get nature eyes too, can see things so clearly.

when i am with NT friends i got look at that animal there and that one... they cant see a thing untill the thing moves or they really try hard.... like a real awareness for nature.. wonder if thats the Hunter or neanderthal throwback from adhd and asd.

fiddlerpianist
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2009, 9:23 am

CactusKid wrote:

Oh yeah. And I love wandering through forests on paths I haven't been on before, especially if I don't have a map.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2009, 9:32 am

i also go walking alone in the bush all day (regularly) on sunny days.

it is a very calm and natural feeling i have when i am sitting in my favorite places on my bush walks. i know all the animals that live along my walks.

i have a favorite track (trail) that i walk on. i have many places where i sit down and think on that trail. there is about 1 person every 2-3 hours that walks by. usually they are elderly people with little dogs, and they say nothing and just walk by.

this track is not advertised from the road, and it is simply a fire engine access trail. very few people know about it.

i live in bushland, but there are no trails around where i live because it is all thick virgin bush, and i would have to hack my way through it to walk through it.
so i drive to where i want to start my walk (usually twice per week on sunny days)

here is the beginning of my walk where i park my car (i concealed my number plate in the photo by "spray painting" yellow over all the other numbers except the 2 central numbers (72) in "MS-paint.")

this is a small park about 500 meters away from the trail i walk on. i have to walk on the "given" park trail for about 400 meters, and then i know that there is a left turn that leads to a locked gate (locked to vehicles that is) which i walk around and i follow that "shabby looking" (to normal people it looks uninviting) trail to an almost exclusively private world of nature.

this is the first thing i encounter.

i climbed the fence and went in there once, but i dare not touch anything.
i got worried that the electromagnetic radiation was possibly hazardous to me and i climbed back out after a short while. i have ODD and a sign like that must be disobeyed because i can not help it. but my instinct to protect myself is stronger than my ODD so i never went in there more than once.

i like the "blueness" of australian skies.

here is the trail after 5 mins of walking (after the last photo).
it is leading to a river.

here is a pic of about 1 minute of further walking.

there is a very small animal trail through the grasses in front of this shot that leads to a large clean sandstone rock where i sit for about 1-2 hours on my walk. i like thinking there.
here is the rock i sit on.

the red arrow points to where i sit because there is a natural "backrest" there and it is very comfortable to lay back on.

here are some ducks that i throw bits of bread i have in my pocket to (from that rock).
it is zoomed in and i am much higher than what this photo suggests.

after i get up from the rock and start walking again, this is a shot 5 mins later when i get to the river. this area is mown by the council as it is grassland and presents a tinder hazard if a fire started.

down on the bank of the river it looks like this:

anyway that is enough photo's, but i walk for about another hour (8km) to my final place where i sit on another rock, and then i turn around and come back and get into my car and go home.

i took these shots when i had a good quality camera and it was stolen.

Last edited by b9 on 02 Jul 2009, 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ebonwinter
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2009, 9:35 am

Here in Kentucky its easy to go into the wilds just hard to avoid wolves or paranoid rednecks (no offence) once one tired to set me on fire