Page 1 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2009, 10:22 pm

So far I have not found any animes I dislike. What are some animes you really dont enjoy?

AtomicKaiju
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2009, 10:40 pm

I find it hard to dislike anime as well. However, I do hate fillers, especially the ones from Naruto and Bleach.

Nim
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2009, 11:47 pm

They've been getting the newer fillers right - atleast on the bleach end of things. The naruto ones sort of lack substance and when in a dramatic moment it seems almost like a mexican soap rather than a anime. Too much emphasis on emotion - the story line is jumbled, the characters don't make sense. The bleach side has been doing ok tho - perhaps because it lacks as much substance in characters as naruto... the fillers are mostly enjoyable and atleast take you on a small journey (like a small mini movie)...

Lets see tho... Ayashi no Ceres I enjoyed but hated, simply because it made me watch it. Its like, I really want to know whats going to happen but these guys with wings, angels, lack of a storyline and plot are starting to make me gag as if I where watching a sailor moon marathon and their cgi ship (resembling a toilet paper roll with multicolor sprinkles and confetti on it) .. just came to pick them up from their pointless mission....

That is all.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2009, 12:55 am

Just wondering what do we mean by fillers?

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2009, 2:36 am

thewrll wrote:
Just wondering what do we mean by fillers?

Fillers are pretty much episodes with a self-contained subplot that do little effort to advance the storyline. Although sometimes filler episodes can exist as groups of "storyline arcs", an arc is a sidestory concering a particular situation that spans several episodes, but whose conclusion is separate from that of the entire show.

In the case of Bleach, a lot of the anime's episodes are arc fillers. Here are some of the ones that have been played so far:

Exposition Arc (starting with first episode, as Ichigo learns about being a Soul Reaper and adjusts to his double life)
Seireitei Arc (when Ichigo and co. go to rescue Rukia from execution)
Mod-Soul Arc (a shorter arc concerning Ichigo and co. fighting against Urahara's mod souls)
Bount Arc (where the Soul Reapers fight against the Bounts when they invade Soul Society)
Visard Arc (where Ichigo learns about his Hollow alter ego and trains to use it in battle)
Arrancar Arc (where the Soul Society fights against Aizen and the Arrancars, currently airing on Adult Swim)

I think if you're going to do fillers, arcs are the way to go because they at least keep you interested in what happens next, and a lot of times you can tie the conclusion of one arc into the exposition of another, keeping the story flowing. Naruto, on the other hand, I gave up on because most of the fillers between Sasuke's betrayal and the start of Shippuden were the single-episode self-contained mini-plot filler, it just got too repetitive.

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

Tomasu
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2009, 8:00 am

^^ I am very sorry as I believe I have not viewed very many happy anime series, but have viewed a small number. ^^ I must say that I have enjoyed all of the magical series I have viewed. I have viewed approximately 200 episodes of Bleach. ^^ I also enjoy reading manga (I have read the first 40 volumes of Naruto). ^^ In one particular anime series however, I felt that the ending did not appear to fit with remaining episodes of the series. I believe this anime was "She, The Ultimate Weapon". ^^ I believe perhaps my favourite anime series is Elfen Lied.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2009, 11:04 am

I can say that I have seen an anime I have hated, well I couldnt get past the first episode, it is called Queens Blade, it is filled with busty women some who can shoot acid from their breasts and disolve other womens clothes. And has an aray of things like squeezing each other and full frontal nudity, about the only thing not shown and thus preventing it from being Hentai is other women part, the sad thing is that the story actualy sounded intersting and their were some good seiyu in it.

I have also hated a couple of arcs, the Bount arc in Bleach was kind of boring, most viewers knew it wouldnt carry much change, didn't show enough of what everyone wanted (Hollow Ichig) and was anti climactic. Most comments I read had people wishing it would be over already. One arc I have a love hate realtion is the latest arc in The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, that is the Endless Eight arc. If you didn't know each episode was called Endless Eight, and each week you would watch one of the best shows release an episode of the characters doing almost the exact same thing. Each week from about the third week fans would cry out in agony, and this whent on until Endless Eight finaly ended on the eigth week. Here is a video with Hitler in it that perfectly highlights how angy fans have been: Video

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2009, 4:51 am

Watched the first episode of queens blade and loved it. Besides being almost hentai I liked the story and how the bunny turned out to be an evil corrosive bunny. Looking forward to the next 11 episodes and the 2nd season.

Ravenitrius
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2009, 3:01 pm

Bradleigh wrote:
One arc I have a love hate realtion is the latest arc in The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, that is the Endless Eight arc. If you didn't know each episode was called Endless Eight, and each week you would watch one of the best shows release an episode of the characters doing almost the exact same thing. Each week from about the third week fans would cry out in agony, and this whent on until Endless Eight finaly ended on the eigth week.

Oh man, I remember that. I'm so glad it ended already. However, reading the comments for the Endless Eight, I just lol'd and response in the opposite by posting "Great Episode!" even though I really hate the repeats.

Cyberman
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2009, 3:18 pm

Pokémon. I was basically forced to watch it, and I really couldn't understand why people find it so appealing. So you have these animals with super-powers, and you have these three incompetent villains to fight... :roll:

And don't get me started on Digimon...

*activates heat-shields in anticipation of getting flamed*

raisedbyignorance
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2009, 4:57 pm

I'm not big on Osamu Tezuka's works. I think the old-school animation style is cool but his films are a combination of being overly-preachy and being too depressing. They're mostly a bloodfest with some sort of environmental message or whatnot. I thought "Jungle Emperor Leo" was a huge let down for me.

I dont see why you cant be preachy but still be uplifting about it. Hayao Miyazaki is good at this. Though I think Princess Monoke is his weakest film because of the overpreaching on the environment.

Most animes I like but some I can get really bored with real easily. Inuyasha is a good example. I got really bored with this show after like 50 episodes because there was too much filler and not enough really telling the story. I hated the first Inuyasha movie but the few I saw that came after were much better.

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2009, 6:16 pm

raisedbyignorance wrote:
I'm not big on Osamu Tezuka's works. I think the old-school animation style is cool but his films are a combination of being overly-preachy and being too depressing. They're mostly a bloodfest with some sort of environmental message or whatnot. I thought "Jungle Emperor Leo" was a huge let down for me.

I dont see why you cant be preachy but still be uplifting about it. Hayao Miyazaki is good at this. Though I think Princess Monoke is his weakest film because of the overpreaching on the environment.

Most animes I like but some I can get really bored with real easily. Inuyasha is a good example. I got really bored with this show after like 50 episodes because there was too much filler and not enough really telling the story. I hated the first Inuyasha movie but the few I saw that came after were much better.

Hayao Miyazaki is awesome. The first ever anime that I watched was his movie Kiki's Delivery Service, about a witch who is starting out on her own, she joins a delivery service and delivers packages on her broom.

I've only seen a few of his movies since then, but they are good. He's got a new one coming out, called Ponyo. Its about a little sea creature named Ponyo who wants to become human.

My other favorite, even though I've only seen part of it, is Howl's Moving Castle. It's actually a novel written by one Diana Wynne Jones. It's about a girl named Sophie who gets cursed into an old woman, to break the curse he enlists thel help of an egocentric wizard named Howl and his companion Calcifer, who travel the world in a giant castle on legs. Weird, but awesome.

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

Nim
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2009, 12:52 am

:o I rather enjoy fillers, or well.. given bleach is having a zanpakto vs shinigami filler right now which isn't too bad...

Prior to the start of it they had about 3 episodes where the bleach characters where playing soccer on the beach and fighting watermellon shaped hallows. Those f'in sucked, didn't even watch them...

arcticmelody
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Aug 2009, 6:23 am

I'm sorry, but I don't like any animes...
well actually, I like one, Howl's Moving Castle, but that's more of a movie(?) than a show

Yupa
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2009, 9:34 pm

I honestly never got much into Bleach to the point where I might say I dislike it.
The art style kind of annoyed me and the humor didn't work, and the premise did absolutely nothing for me.
Only watched the first few episodes, but decided pretty early on that I probably didn't want to continue with it.
I also found Code Geass really boring, although I wouldn't say I dislike it.

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2009, 1:08 am

Yupa wrote:
I honestly never got much into Bleach to the point where I might say I dislike it.
The art style kind of annoyed me and the humor didn't work, and the premise did absolutely nothing for me.
Only watched the first few episodes, but decided pretty early on that I probably didn't want to continue with it.
I also found Code Geass really boring, although I wouldn't say I dislike it.

How in God's name do you find Code Geass boring??? The anime is nothing but plot twist after plot twist!