Page 1 of 7 [ 108 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

SakuraKino
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

11 Aug 2009, 11:17 pm

Not sure if this idea has been brought up in the past, if it has then I apologize for being a pest...>.<'
But I've been downloading free-to-play massively multiplayer online role play games like crazy recently and I haven't had much luck in communicating with other players on any of them--mostly out of shyness :oops:--and while thinking about ways to make ingame buddies earlier an idea struck me! :idea:

Why not form a guild for any MMO fans from WrongPlanet made specifically for aspies or those that fall somewhere within the aspie spectrum?

We wouldn't have a hard time communicating since we'd most likely all be into similar things, and I feel it would help me learn some very valuable social skills! I don't know, maybe I'm just being ubber dorky but I think it would be really awesome to have an all aspie guild/clan somewhere! Though I'm not sure about the guild's name, I wa hoping to use something along the lines of "Misfits" or "LookingGlass" or something aspie related...or we could simply call the guild "WrongPlanet" to spread awareness for WP...?

If anyone's interested, the games I currently have downloaded on my PC are as follows:

Zu Online* (gender locked, no archer class, dragon ball style, really fun!)
World of Kung Fu* (most enjoyable to me so far...<3)
ArchLord (nice controls, but something seems to be missing...o.O)
Ether Saga (Quest Based and a bit repetitive)
Q-World (Ether Saga's evil and not-so-popular twin)
Dragonica (3D Sidescroller rip off of MapleStory... very cute though)
Florensia (no archer class, rude forum community, few guides, lovely graphics, nice controls)
Fiesta Online (annoying camera angles, good controls, cute anime style)
Perfect World International (Quest based, no autotarget button, pretty graphics)

I haven't quite decided which one to devote my spare time to just yet since they're all fun to play, but I'm most into WOKFU, and Zu due to their flexible keyboard controls and all around coolness! I'm open to suggestions though, if there are better f2p mmorpgs than those above--I have played TONS of mmorpgs!

...So if anyone's interested in my idea please post some feedback here! Thanks a bunch~ =^.^=

Last edited by SakuraKino on 12 Aug 2009, 1:56 pm, edited 5 times in total.

TheDuck
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Aug 2009, 11:56 pm

I would join something like that if it was on a good game. I haven't found a really great free MMO yet tho. After playing final fantasy 11 (2 years of obsessed + 2 mores years of random 2 week streaks) I doubt I could find something free that could get me as interested. I haven't looked at the available free MMOs in a while tho, which one in that list you find the best ?

SakuraKino
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

12 Aug 2009, 12:12 am

Yeah I know whatcha mean, my sis used to play FF11 when she was younger, got utterly enthralled with it for a whole year and then lost interest due to a hilarious (at least we found it hilarious XD) fight between guild mates--she hasn't touched an mmo since. As for me, I've never played a p2p before and I was obsessed with MapleStory >.<' from open beta until just recently due to all my guild buddies disbanding and moving on to other things. Since then I've tried so many f2p it's not even funny @.@! They're popping up like crazy~ Before you can even finish downloading the most recent hype, a new ad pops up.

I guess it depends on what genre of mmo you're into (I'm into fantasy/sci-fi and FPS like S4 League--that game is awesome--but I guess I like Fiesta Online better than WOKFU and Zu because of it's cute girly anime style and for the fact that it has an archer class! WOKFU has an amazing array of classes to choose from and it's archer is extremely fun imo, and Zu is gender-locked, cell-shaded, and has no archer class. It's classes are pretty fun though!

I'd love it if I could get a guild going in Fiesta Online--Cypion Server, I suppose~ ^.^-b

TheDuck
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Aug 2009, 12:39 am

S4 League looks cool , what is the average cool down on moves in Fiesta Online ? Like is there a non-spamy class ?

SakuraKino
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

12 Aug 2009, 12:51 am

honestly I have no idea~ I downloaded it a long time ago but decided not to play it for some reason I can't remember and only just downloaded it for a second time last night

if you want a class that has a slow cool down time i assume that warriors fit the bill in any mmo and that mages have the fastest cdt whereas archers are somewhere in the middle...but then again every game plays differently so my advice probably isn't very helpful lol :roll:

Ravenitrius
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2009, 1:55 am

I'm actually just playing Luna Online because of its depiction of npcs drawn as anime based. It's a cute mmorpg though. :p /ashamed

TB
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2009, 6:00 am

good idea we should stick to one game though, i heard twelve sky was one the best f2p mmorpg now 12 sky 2 is just released we could check that out.

would you want to have a ventrillo server for this ?.

i vowed to myself not to touch any auto target mmo's again after i tried darkfall but thats p2p and many ppl dont like that game because its pretty harsh. full loot everywhere it plays like medieval counterstrike bows/swords/magic you actually have to aim your attacks, it takes skill in that game to kill people compared to most other mmo's out there.

but it doesn't really matter which game we play you can have fun on all of them if you play with fun people.

SakuraKino
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

12 Aug 2009, 12:49 pm

TB wrote:
good idea we should stick to one game though, i heard twelve sky was one the best f2p mmorpg now 12 sky 2 is just released we could check that out.

would you want to have a ventrillo server for this ?.

i vowed to myself not to touch any auto target mmo's again after i tried darkfall but thats p2p and many ppl dont like that game because its pretty harsh. full loot everywhere it plays like medieval counterstrike bows/swords/magic you actually have to aim your attacks, it takes skill in that game to kill people compared to most other mmo's out there.

but it doesn't really matter which game we play you can have fun on all of them if you play with fun people.

Oooh, hadn't even thought of using Ventrillo for something like this...I might redownload it~ Hmmm, I've heard of 12Sky but that's one I have yet to try~ o: And yeah, I want to try to get everyone to agree to one specific game before we get anything going since we all have different mindsets on what makes an mmo enjoyable (me being the lazy gamer, I love any game that let's you control everything via keyboard =P) but as you said, the game choice won't matter as long as we all have fun together! ~^.^~

SakuraKino
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

12 Aug 2009, 12:55 pm

Ravenitrius wrote:
I'm actually just playing Luna Online because of its depiction of npcs drawn as anime based. It's a cute mmorpg though. :p /ashamed

ahhh I played that too, so cute it could make your eyes melt! XD

TB
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2009, 9:45 am

good idea, shame nobodys interested.

Wolfen
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 Aug 2009, 9:59 am

I'm not playing one of those.

Fiesta Online and Perfect World sometimes... but my main MMORPG is Ragnarok Online *blushes* (I'm playing RO since I was 12~13)

ShenLong
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2009, 4:03 pm

Dungeons and dragons online just became free. You can access all areas of the game in free mode but you can't play every race. DnDO is an mmo real-time rpg and dungeon crawler. Best of all, when you enter a dungeon, you can only see and hear your group members. So it'd be very cool if we made a guild in that game because we wont have to deal with nt rage gamers, etc. We'll just have the dungeon to ourselves.

Ravenitrius
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2009, 11:17 pm

And if you do, make characters on the Sarlona server! My old guild is refusing to add me (well they're never on to invite me LOL)

zarshmagarsh
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Sep 2009, 1:48 pm

Has anybody started a guild on World of Warcraft? I'd like some more people to play with. Currently play on Kirin Tor -- Alliance

MishLuvsHer2Boys
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2009, 7:02 am

I am thinking of gathering a few together to create a guild on Anvilmar on WoW. My character on there right now is Syrede, lv 17 night elf hunter.

Tensho
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

03 Oct 2009, 1:44 pm

I have wanted to establish an aspie guild/clan too but finding any on a game that I want to play would be too difficult.

I spend most of my time playing alone on mmos because I dont like too much of the social chatter that goes on in most guilds/groups. I rarely add peoples to my friends list on any game.

Right now i am playing Aion which isnt a free game but It is fun.