I want to kill myself because I am an aspie

Page 1 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Fickle_Pickle
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2009, 9:52 am

I had no idea where my excessive naivety came from, but now I do. Just because I'm high-functioning doesn't mean I am almost NT. I see I am worthless, and even though I am only a sex toy because I am a woman (who is shy because she is socially awkward), I am a pathetic lower-life form, who won't amount to anything unless I adopt more more "NT" instincts. Either I do so or die. And you in your early 20's and beyond will find this ridiculous and laugh because you're already past this. If any of you remember how it felt like, you will also remember how hideously painful it feels.

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2009, 10:00 am

I went through that. I'm over it now.

Life is full of opportunities. For EVERYONE. You just have to stop mourning for the life you can't have, and start living the life you can have.

I hope this is helpful and doesn't sound all cliched.

y es como un semestre"

MorbidMiss
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Aug 2009, 10:17 am

Being used for sex is not an AS female thing. It isn't even just a female thing. This is something that you can make an effort to change. If you tell people directly that you want a relationship and not just sexual attention from the very beginning then most people who are just looking for something casual will leave you alone.

You are in control of Your body.

Fickle_Pickle
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2009, 10:17 am

gina-ghettoprincess wrote:
I went through that. I'm over it now.

Life is full of opportunities. For EVERYONE. You just have to stop mourning for the life you can't have, and start living the life you can have.

I hope this is helpful and doesn't sound all cliched.

And what would those "opportunities" be?

MorbidMiss wrote:
Being used for sex is not an AS female thing. It isn't even just a female thing. This is something that you can make an effort to change. If you tell people directly that you want a relationship and not just sexual attention from the very beginning then most people who are just looking for something casual will leave you alone.

You are in control of Your body.

I'm afraid I'm 3 years too late for that. :cry:

It's going to take a LOOOOOONG time to get reassurance. Maybe that 's why I became a sex-addict and tried to accept that I was a sex doll. But maybe it's from not knowing when I'm letting someone on or letting creeps on by being shy and not carrying myself confidently.

But for some reason, I'm STILL waiting for my first actual time. Maybe the real reason is because I think it will count me as an adult.

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2009, 10:34 am

^^^

gina's suggestion is good, only i did it after moving out, so i wasnt sure it would be a safe suggestion to give.

accept that you wont have all of the stuff you wanna have.
you're still allive.
you can see stuff.

you dont wanna die, cus death is end of ALL. NO more possibility for joy.
by being miserable, you at least have the option of joy, now, or 10 years ahead, and you have no clue how much joy is waiting. w death you know exactly how much: none.

dont be like that :(
your fun to have on the boards :]

crazedchef
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Aug 2009, 10:37 am

Hello,

I am a 41 yr. old male who has had sex once in the last year. I WISH I was being used for sex (sorry, not trying to be flippant).

I too was so depressed for the last few weeks that I have been looking at all of my guns and fantasizing about ending it.

I can honestly say that NO sex is worst than "being used". At least you can get some intimacy. I believe I miss that more than the actual act itself, just the touch of another human being.

I can go WEEKS without even having a conversation with another human being. I am stuck up at the ranch waiting on surgery for injuries sustained working in Baghdad. Been waiting for 16 months now. I feel so alone that literally I was CONSTANTLY thinking about suicide.

In Baghdad I discovered AS and self diagnosed. Sent the info onto my father and he agreed instantly that he had this condition also. I also believe that both of his brothers were AS. I am high functioning, through many years of having to fit in, but I still have meltdowns and have a hard time keeping jobs because of AS tendencies. Hard to explain and too many small details to go into.

Always on my mind is the worry that I will never find someone to go through life with. I just cannot make that emotional connection. If I was able to have sex, I was always able to feel closer to that woman. I guess another AS trait, become emotionally attached too soon and too easily. So I have almost given up. Have not had a real girlfriend for a decade now since my fiancee died in my arms in 2001.

Life goes on, We all have our burdens to bear, but like I said, I WISH I had your problem.

Please do not hurt yourself, think happy thoughts: "At least I am getting laid while there are others out there who would give anything to have a sexual relationship with a cute woman."

Really I am not trying to flame, just feeling really bad, I lost my best friend last night, told him to F/O because he screwed me on tickets to Slayer/Marilyn Manson, he owes me several hundreds dollars. He got a girlfriend about 8 months ago and has not spent one single night hanging out with me since. Hard to lose your best friend.

Good luck to you.

crazedchef

Fickle_Pickle
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2009, 10:47 am

crazedchef wrote:
Hello,

I am a 41 yr. old male who has had sex once in the last year. I WISH I was being used for sex (sorry, not trying to be flippant).

I too was so depressed for the last few weeks that I have been looking at all of my guns and fantasizing about ending it.

I can honestly say that NO sex is worst than "being used". At least you can get some intimacy. I believe I miss that more than the actual act itself, just the touch of another human being.

I can go WEEKS without even having a conversation with another human being. I am stuck up at the ranch waiting on surgery for injuries sustained working in Baghdad. Been waiting for 16 months now. I feel so alone that literally I was CONSTANTLY thinking about suicide.

In Baghdad I discovered AS and self diagnosed. Sent the info onto my father and he agreed instantly that he had this condition also. I also believe that both of his brothers were AS. I am high functioning, through many years of having to fit in, but I still have meltdowns and have a hard time keeping jobs because of AS tendencies. Hard to explain and too many small details to go into.

Always on my mind is the worry that I will never find someone to go through life with. I just cannot make that emotional connection. If I was able to have sex, I was always able to feel closer to that woman. I guess another AS trait, become emotionally attached too soon and too easily. So I have almost given up. Have not had a real girlfriend for a decade now since my fiancee died in my arms in 2001.

Life goes on, We all have our burdens to bear, but like I said, I WISH I had your problem.

Please do not hurt yourself, think happy thoughts: "At least I am getting laid while there are others out there who would give anything to have a sexual relationship with a cute woman."

Really I am not trying to flame, just feeling really bad, I lost my best friend last night, told him to F/O because he screwed me on tickets to Slayer/Marilyn Manson, he owes me several hundreds dollars. He got a girlfriend about 8 months ago and has not spent one single night hanging out with me since. Hard to lose your best friend.

Good luck to you.

crazedchef

Well, I think women are more prone to being used due to the "gender superiority" issue. I didn't actually get laid, it was only second base, and the guys were usually creepy and controlling. (And one of them happened to be my bus driver). And I was 15! And had no sex drive back then! And I didn't feel "cute". I always thought "Why the hell would this guy want to feel up a fat, ugly, flat-chested girl like me?" And it didn't feel the least intimate, as I felt like I was being robbed. It wasn't until last year that I realized I was more attractive than I used to think. You might think I'm lucky to have a drive now... but I'm still not a person, just a living blow-up doll, who is expected not to have a say in anything because I'm awkward and a bit shy. I don't know whether I should "cure" this or accept it as my purpose.

Last edited by Fickle_Pickle on 13 Aug 2009, 10:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

crazedchef
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Aug 2009, 10:49 am

Hello again,

I did not really get what you were saying on your first post, all I saw was "I want to kill myself." I did not realize you were so young.

I felt better about myself at your age because I was so oblivious. I did not notice enough to realize how much I did not fit in. It was only until my 20's 30's and beyond that I realized how different I truly was.

Do not believe all of the hype, just because you are on the spectrum you do not have to be so down on yourself. You are cute and young and attractive. Embrace it because it will disappear before you know it. Embrace your differences.

Sorry again if the above posts was so completely off topic, I should have started my own thread. Been having a rough time of it.

crazedchef

crazedchef
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Aug 2009, 10:50 am

Hello again,

I did not really get what you were saying on your first post, all I saw was "I want to kill myself." I did not realize you were so young.

I felt better about myself at your age because I was so oblivious. I did not notice enough to realize how much I did not fit in. It was only until my 20's 30's and beyond that I realized how different I truly was.

Do not believe all of the hype, just because you are on the spectrum you do not have to be so down on yourself. You are cute and young and attractive. Embrace it because it will disappear before you know it. Embrace your differences.

Sorry again if the above posts was so completely off topic, I should have started my own thread. Been having a rough time of it.

crazedchef

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2009, 10:59 am

fickle, on these forums, where only your personality and nothing else comes across, you strike me as

1. self ironic, which means
2. intelligent and funny

thats a good start.

you should start knowing yourself. everything about yourself. you only exist once, and quite frankly, the share of luck you HAVE been handed are:
sense of humor, high intelligence, and as you say yourself, good looks.

everything isnt bad :]

Fickle_Pickle
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2009, 11:01 am

Yes, differences. Meltdowns that disturb the public, emotional misunderstandings (eg. taking things literally and not "getting" people) and arguments over it. I think I will embrace them. I'll watch some Spongebob Squarepants and Phineas and Ferb, buy a cookie, then get joy from my obsession with Alvin and the Chipmunks.

ZEGH8578 wrote:
fickle, on these forums, where only your personality and nothing else comes across, you strike me as

2. intelligent and funny

thats a good start.

you should start knowing yourself. everything about yourself. you only exist once, and quite frankly, the share of luck you HAVE been handed are:

Which is only canceled out by what a b***h I can be when I'm annoyed and/or having a meltdown or when my hormones are raging.

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2009, 11:12 am

Fickle_Pickle wrote:
Yes, differences. Meltdowns that disturb the public, emotional misunderstandings (eg. taking things literally and not "getting" people) and arguments over it. I think I will embrace them. I'll watch some Spongebob Squarepants and Phineas and Ferb, buy a cookie, then get joy from my obsession with Alvin and the Chipmunks.

ZEGH8578 wrote:

2. intelligent and funny

thats a good start.

Which is only canceled out by what a b***h I can be when I'm annoyed and/or having a meltdown or when my hormones are raging.

Error, fickle. Error.
Its not canceled out. how can it vanish from your spectrum of personality, just cus you have a mood change?
you need to change the way you think of yourself.
bad moods doesnt turn you from someone cool into someone horrible.
everyone has bad moods.
being a b***h while being annoyed, having a meltdown, or raging hormones

sounds like

every normal chick on the planet, if you ask me :D

what you _CAN_ do, is change how you feel about yourself. you said yourself youve been abused, and then blame yourself for it. you know your not to blame, you KNOW this, so...
your 1st mission will be... to truly know it, to the point of not blaming yourself for it anymore.
in practice, every time you think in these ways, direct it elsewhere, go outside and punch a tree or something. its your mind, and you have a big mind. you should be able to be nicer to yourself at least

mightyzebra
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2009, 11:32 am

Fickle_Pickle wrote:
I had no idea where my excessive naivety came from, but now I do. Just because I'm high-functioning doesn't mean I am almost NT. I see I am worthless, and even though I am only a sex toy because I am a woman (who is shy because she is socially awkward), I am a pathetic lower-life form, who won't amount to anything unless I adopt more more "NT" instincts. Either I do so or die. And you in your early 20's and beyond will find this ridiculous and laugh because you're already past this. If any of you remember how it felt like, you will also remember how hideously painful it feels.

Just because you are autistic, or have Asperger's Syndrome, does not mean you are worthless or a "pathetic lower life form". There are many ways to be happy even if you cannot understand most people's feelings, thoughts and opinions. So just killing yourself because you are an Aspie is a completely wasteful and depressing act to commit. And if you feel you want to learn more about the ways of the MESMERISINGLY STRANGE AND ALIEN NT brain, there are learning programmes you can take, exercises you can do, to learn more about those higher in the spectrum. It worked for me...

Give yourself a life! :) :)

"The natural world is the greatest source of excitement; the greatest source of visual beauty; the greatest source of intellectual interest. It is the greatest source of so much in life that makes life worth living." David Attenborough

Silvervarg
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2009, 12:09 pm

Fickle_Pickle wrote:

ZEGH8578 wrote:

2. intelligent and funny

thats a good start.

Never seen that side of you, so to me you are a funny and intelligent person. :D And if I see it, I know that when it has passed you are the same funny and intelliget person you were before too. ;)
Summing up, you are funny and intelligent. :D

Maggiedoll
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2009, 12:21 pm

crazedchef wrote:

sex ≠ intimacy

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2009, 12:47 pm

Maggiedoll wrote:
crazedchef wrote:

sex ≠ intimacy

i didnt even notice that comment :I
well, it IS an aspie forum :roll: