not suicidal, i just want to quit

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

okaba
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Sep 2009, 5:54 am

now i'm not suicidal. i haven't the desire nor courage to end my own life. only thing thing i ever truely wanted in my life is a relationship and i doubt i will ever have one (look in my post history to see why i feel this way). without this the rest of my life feels long and pointless. again i say i'm not suicidal. these days i'm looking at life as a job per-say. how some jobs are not for everyone. i would like it is hypothetically there was a place you could go to, tell them you would like to quit, fill out some paperwork, and have them turn you off. no pain, no fuss, no mess, no waiting, just flip a switch and i'm turned 0ff for good. i feel quite happy and peaceful about this idea. i feel like i'm done with everything i want to do, don't feel like i will miss much, just want to quite. but as far as i know this option does not exist so i will keep on living my life and secretly wishing i don't wake up in the morning.

- Albert Einstein

tarepanda
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Sep 2009, 6:13 am

I know how you feel. I often want a break from living because it's so exhausting. But we all have to deal with it. :?

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2009, 7:04 am

I know how you feel, and I've got a really good life and plenty of goals for the future (not involving relationships though, although if that happens i won't decline it). To me it's just the exhaustion can be so heavy and wearing, it makes me feel very deeply tired.

ViperaAspis
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2009, 12:40 pm

Ah, the Great Ennui calls to us all friend. Reaching out with her weary arms to drag us half-struggling, half-yearning into her embrace.
And I will be the one who sits by the window, a statue made flesh, until they brush the dust off of me and box me up for eternity.

okaba
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Sep 2009, 5:38 pm

ViperaAspis wrote:
Ah, the Great Ennui calls to us all friend. Reaching out with her weary arms to drag us half-struggling, half-yearning into her embrace.
And I will be the one who sits by the window, a statue made flesh, until they brush the dust off of me and box me up for eternity.

huh?

- Albert Einstein

princesseli
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2009, 7:30 pm

Yeah I wish that was possible where we could just end our lives. But its not without inflicting a massive amount of pain on ones self. I dont have the desire to hurt myself. I just wish I could be gone for good.

ryan93
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2009, 5:10 pm

I know how you feel, I've felt like that until recently.

Ironically, whats given me hope is that there is no meaning. The only thing worth doing is self-realisation, and I'm glad to say I've become more neurotic and ranty is recent weeks, more musically talented, and above all, I LOVE THE ABSURD!! ! The very meaninglessness makes me giggle...seeing how serious people are about there looks, status, money, it's hilarious. And with the absurd viewpoint on the world I've taken, life has become less...logical. Turns out the opposite of logical is beautiful. And man the world is beautiful. I was unbelievable happy today because I realised how good..vitality feels. It's beautiful :D

Member of the WP Strident Atheists

ViperaAspis
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2009, 5:33 pm

okaba wrote:
ViperaAspis wrote:

huh?

Sorry... that was not for human consumption.

Ligea_Seroua
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2009, 5:48 pm

ViperaAspis wrote:
okaba wrote:
ViperaAspis wrote:

huh?

Sorry... that was not for human consumption.

I actually liked that. Ennui is the only word for it, the absolute bone deep fatalistic weariness
oops- nearly going the prose route myself :oops:

ViperaAspis
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2009, 8:25 pm

Ligea_Seroua wrote:
I actually liked that. Ennui is the only word for it, the absolute bone deep fatalistic weariness
oops- nearly going the prose route myself :oops:

LOL... careful there.

And I find it kinda funny
I find it kinda sad
The dreams in which I'm dyin'
Are the best I've ever had...

sugarmama
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Sep 2009, 12:52 pm

Don't get stuck in thinking this is all there is..
Open up yourself to happy accidents
Take a mentle break from your life
and seek to do things as if
you were doing them for someone else..
Things constantly change...
I am speaking from experience
It would appear my life is not getting better
and yet there is that feeling of one day
cashing in, sooner than better..
and cycles do repeat but try doing things differently
when you take notice of such replications..
Also I could not have hung on as long as I have without God..
No excuses of human degredation..
Approach Him as yourself and pray for revelation..
God protect you from the lies of the enemy..
And I wish you well.
Hold tight to what you hope for..
don't comprimise
and patiently wait..
dream and do not let others
squelch your hope..
and let that hope for the expected
be your fuel...
There is someone for us all..
I believe it and i wait..
I will not comprimise again..
Best of Luck and Hope and Peace

Alternative
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2009, 3:46 pm

I've pretty much transitioned to that as well. :wink:

Shaqn
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Sep 2009, 4:34 pm

ryan93 wrote:
I know how you feel, I've felt like that until recently.

Ironically, whats given me hope is that there is no meaning. The only thing worth doing is self-realisation, and I'm glad to say I've become more neurotic and ranty is recent weeks, more musically talented, and above all, I LOVE THE ABSURD!! ! The very meaninglessness makes me giggle...seeing how serious people are about there looks, status, money, it's hilarious. And with the absurd viewpoint on the world I've taken, life has become less...logical. Turns out the opposite of logical is beautiful. And man the world is beautiful. I was unbelievable happy today because I realised how good..vitality feels. It's beautiful :D

I've been thinking about that for a long while, as well. I absolutely love absurdity in all it's forms and life taken seriously is a great example of it. Hilarious!

sufi
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2009, 8:43 pm

I can identify with all the above post.

okaba-- you are not alone in your feelings.

Shaqn -- Love your AV - loved 'Being There"- great movie for discussion

ViperaAspis -- I got it

I noticed all of you are quiet young - I am 61, own a business and married for 40 years.
So, ya'll , the old one will give you her bent on things.
-- A relationship does not make these weary of living feelings go away
-- A job/money does not make them any better either
-- Owning a business for me is great - but highly stressful, I guess I thrive on stress or I would never get anything done.

ryan93 seems to be grasping the concept - personally I could never manage it totally though I do know what needs to be.

Its about self-realization. Recently someone on another post mentioned that his self-realization did not do him any good and he did not see why it was even important. Self-realization shows you what you are made of, who you are. Especially where your boundaries are: what you can live with and what you can't in life. Boundaries define our morality, our lifestyle, our choices, our tolerance our acceptance. Somethings you may not like which are out of our personal boundaries but you must accept or live in constant anger, frustration or denial. Example, the person who is President, or if your child tells you they are gay do you reject them and live estranged? or accept them and live in what is real.

It is also about attitude, how you look at the world and the people in it. Some attitudes I have changed - many I still struggle with. Attitudes towards things like race, religion or even as simple as weather needs to be addressed. People often become so obsessed over their attitudes and points of view that they can no longer see their options.

On the subject - I have since high school (ok for those who don't want to do the math it was 1966) felt the phrase "Stop the World, I want to get Off" applied to me. And I still feel that way. All my life. There were thoughts of suicide but I knew I never would because it was not the answer. I was too committed to my family. Now, I know that commitment is stronger because of my grandchildren. I never realized how strongly they would impact me. I live for them. They are my joy, my love, my soul, my heartbeat. (so for all of you with grandparents realize you may be the most important person in their lives and give old granny or pappy a call).

Ya, I want to "quit" but I won't ------ However, I will smoke, drink a bit and eat as much damn cheese and butter as I want and gonna get me one of those 'do not resuscitate' papers filled out.

Look for three or more options.
"I'm not too crazy about reality, but it's the only place to get a decent meal.

Francis
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2009, 9:16 pm

I know exactly where your coming from. I'm basically just waiting to die. It's not a suicide threat and I have no intentions of it. I just don't like life and I am waiting for it to end. Its like trying to get to the end of a bad movie. I figure I'm half way there.

I wish someone gave me the option nine months before I was born. Actually my parents we're on birth control when I was conceived, its too bad it didn't work. They used to give me some line about God really wanted me to be born. For what? to torment me? F* em.