Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Shebakoby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2009, 4:32 pm

I find I MUST sleep with stuffed animals in my bed. Now that I have a CPAP machine (an antisnoring device that blows air down my nose so that I do not snore), it is even more important. I have three large stuffed Koi fish, at least one of which I need as a buffer to keep the hose from the mask of my CPAP from digging into my arm, and another to keep my other arm from getting pins and needles. I need the closeness of the stuffed animals and their softness.

Haha even if I ever get a SO the fact of the CPAP machine will make me far less cuddleable in sleep LOL.

am_suomi
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Oct 2009, 4:40 pm

I need the closeness and softness too. It is hard to sleep without them. Right now I have a pink cat and a little reindeer. I used to have more...they are like my children. But the other ones are from my ex-boyfriend and it was a battle with my family because they made me give them up because they were from him. I just couldn't give them up though, so two I took to south america and gave to a family I stayed with over night. (two dogs). The other two are pink Hello Kittys, and they are in my closet now. I still miss them at night so they are going to be coming back out. Even during the day when I am stressed I want to cuddle them. My family thinks the hello kittys have been given away...

Sati
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2009, 4:51 pm

I've always slept with stuffed animals. I sleep with a large Kinokoron now.

Maggiedoll
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2009, 4:58 pm

My dog sleeps next to me. She's not stuffed unless I've given in to the puppy eyes and fed her too much. :lol:

Azharia
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Oct 2009, 5:59 pm

I like stuffed toys. My husband adopted them all with me. :p And we gave them personalities and all. Then the cats moved in. Then we had to kick the cats out for baby. Now it is getting crowded as babies teddies have joined us too!
Don't know where we will fit Number 2...

Sylfa
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Oct 2009, 7:48 pm

I sleep with at least 10 on my bed and one or two heavier ones on top of my the pressure feels good and helps me to sleep.

CelticGoddess
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2009, 8:09 pm

When I was 4 my Dad gave me a stuffed bear for Valentines Day and he's still in bed with me. But I love my pillows. I have 4 and the nice thing about sleeping alone is that they're all for me. :lol:

calis1981
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 Oct 2009, 9:21 pm

ive got a stuffed darth vader i sleep with, but its kinda creepy at time
wakeing up hearing that rasping breath(got a voice box thingie) or hearing in the middle of the nite "u dont know the power of the dark side" lol
so he ends up near my feet

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2009, 9:44 pm

Shebakoby wrote:
. . . at least one of which I need as a buffer to keep the hose from the mask of my CPAP from digging into my arm, and another to keep my other arm from getting pins and needles. . . .

Might need a softer mattress, or an extra layer of egg crate foam for your existing mattress.

I used to sell mattresses, and Soft is Healthy! Provided that, your hips and shoulders sink modestly and the same amount thereby filling in and providing key support to the lumbar area.

Shebakoby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2009, 10:09 pm

AardvarkGoodSwimmer wrote:
Shebakoby wrote:
. . . at least one of which I need as a buffer to keep the hose from the mask of my CPAP from digging into my arm, and another to keep my other arm from getting pins and needles. . . .

Might need a softer mattress, or an extra layer of egg crate foam for your existing mattress.

I used to sell mattresses, and Soft is Healthy! Provided that, your hips and shoulders sink modestly and the same amount thereby filling in and providing key support to the lumbar area.

I need a firm mattress. Any sort of softness mattress-wise puts my back out something horrid. I tried sleeping on one of those memory foam mattresses on top of my bed and my back ached for days.

jamesp420
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Oct 2009, 10:18 pm

I have to hug a pillow or I can't sleep.

http://www.facebook.com/jamesp420

BelindatheNobody
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2009, 11:48 pm

I love stuffies.
I don't sleep-cuddle with them, but I do keep Stormie-wolf on the bed by my head, and there are several others in the crack between the mattress and the wall, by my feet.

And of course, others on my milk crates. lol.

Flavors of: Nobody. Slytherin. Autistic.

Rose_in_Winter
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2009, 12:59 am

I am going to tell my husband about this thread!

While he has given up pressuring me about it, when we first got together he was adamant that I give up my stuffed polar bear, Ursula Mary. My dad gave her to me when I was ten and I firmly believe she is "alive" in the Velveteen Rabbit sense of the word. I've loved polar bears all my life (you could say they are one of my hobbies); as a child my parents had to carry me away kicking and screaming from the polar bear enclosure at the zoo. (I could still spend hours there, but I'm better behaved now.) Ursula Mary was so I could have a polar bear with me at night; before I got her I did not sleep with a stuffed animal or doll.

My husband finally stopped fighting me when I said, "She's been sleeping in my bed a lot longer than you; guess which one of you I'd kick out first?" I have a bunch more stuffed toys, including a large stuffed royal blue Chthulu, but besdies Ursula Mary, only Star (another polar bear) is in the bed.

Celtic_Frost
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Oct 2009, 1:37 am

I sleep with a sex doll... Just kidding! :P

When I saw this topic, it made me actually consider getting some cute, stuffed animals to cuddle with at night!

Friskeygirl
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2009, 3:12 am

I have my sea otter nyac holding a starfish and my snow owl ookpik, and my 2 ferrets boo boo and nose nose.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2009, 1:47 pm

My mom took all my stuffed animals away, so now I use a pillow instead =/

Which I guess is at least easier to wash.