Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

LostInBed
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2009, 7:07 pm

I was just on the site(s) for my two most local Hooters restaurans (Toronto - Downtown and Airport) and I might apply to be a hooters girl. Any one think this is a bad idea(not necessarily the "Hooters Girl" part more-so the working in a restaurant part as i have hypersensitivity iwth my hearing). Are there any girls on here whoa are hooters girls and how accomodating of a workplace is it?

Also as I'll lose my EI/elgibility for second career if I work +20hrs a week would it even be worth it to apply at a restaurant(on p/t basis) in general? And it's not the loss of EI status(I woulde love nothing more than to get off social assistance, as my next stop when my claim is up in the spring of '10 is ODSP) I care about, it's actually losing my eligibility to go back to school not at my mother's expense.

invisibitsy
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Dec 2009, 7:18 pm

Er, I couldn't even be a Sonic girl back in the day; I personally wouldn't recommend such work, but it really depends on your level of courage, I suppose... 8O Good luck

blastoff
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Dec 2009, 9:51 am

If you have auditory sensitivity, a busy restaurant is probably not the place for you. Has the noise level bothered you when you've been a customer at Hooters, or has it been ok? (If you don't know, you should go and find out.)

The auditory bombardment may not be the only issue to contend with. Think about the sheer number of things going on, and the varied demands on you (do you multi-task well?), and the necessity for a pretty close working relationship with your colleagues. Oh yeah, I almost forgot: how well do you interact with the general public? Personally, I'd find the whole thing completely overwhelming, which is why I don't even go out to dinner very often. YMMV.