Michelle Duggar gives birth to 19th child.

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Mainichi
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2009, 11:56 pm

19th child. wow.

Good luck to them.

GreenGrrl
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Dec 2009, 12:22 am

Ugh, now that is extremely selfish. There are too many humans on this Earth; people should be able to control themselves instead of having NINETEEN KIDS! And I thought that having 6 children is too many! Two should be the limit. Stupid selfish humans.

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2009, 12:55 am

GreenGrrl wrote:
Ugh, now that is extremely selfish. There are too many humans on this Earth; people should be able to control themselves instead of having NINETEEN KIDS! And I thought that having 6 children is too many! Two should be the limit. Stupid selfish humans.

On today's edition of judgemental teenager!

They don't live in debt, apparently raise their children well, and apparently have a lot of love for their family, which is more than can be said for a lot of situations. They live in a 1st world country where they can feed their children, can make sure they're educated, and have a roof over their head, so it's not like they're neglected. Beyond that, we no longer live in a world where every woman is expected to pop out six (surviving) children, and many people choose not to have children at all. So picture it as eight childless couples having two children each instead.

Good luck on the population curbing due to personal whims though.

Anyway, regardless of lifestyle choices, I wish them the best; the little girl's going to have a long way to recover, especially weighing less than two pounds.

Three years!

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2009, 1:34 am

I honestly doubt that unless they're millionaires or receive some sort of subvention, that all their kids will make it to university or a job that fetches an equivalent decent wage. That and the rest. Gee, it would take almost a small convenience store to feed that one family. =.=

tektek
Bronze Supporter
Bronze Supporter

12 Dec 2009, 5:43 am

RainSong wrote:
GreenGrrl wrote:

On today's edition of judgemental teenager!

They don't live in debt, apparently raise their children well, and apparently have a lot of love for their family, which is more than can be said for a lot of situations. They live in a 1st world country where they can feed their children, can make sure they're educated, and have a roof over their head, so it's not like they're neglected. Beyond that, we no longer live in a world where every woman is expected to pop out six (surviving) children, and many people choose not to have children at all. So picture it as eight childless couples having two children each instead.

Good luck on the population curbing due to personal whims though.

Anyway, regardless of lifestyle choices, I wish them the best; the little girl's going to have a long way to recover, especially weighing less than two pounds.

while i agree with you that it is good that the parents can support their children; it is essential in fact - children are a privilege, if you cannot give them your all don't have them... GreenGrrl may be a little heavy handed on the delivery though i agree with the point i believe the young lady is trying to make; humans breed with seemingly little concern for the impact that we have on the environment in our immediate vicinity and for the earth as a whole.

it is not just the generation that we bring into the world that will have a great impact, but every child that is conceived by them and following generations and so on. every single individual consumes petrochemicals in the form of wrapping/packaging, synthetic materials for clothing, plastics, fuel for heating, fuel for transport... crops for food and textiles, livestock for meat and leather products... and so on. we are the greatest consumers on the planet, more people means more consumption, more pollution, more deforestation, more extinction.

the earth is a closed system with limited resources, we are the most technologically advanced species on the planet and it is our responsibility to act as custodians - to protect the world and the environment for every living creature, this means birth control as much as it does reducing the soot that billows from smoke stacks and from truck exhausts. it is not so much a whim as it is important for our continued co-existence with all other life on the planet. :)

CRD
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2009, 11:37 am

I hope that little girl pulls threw with as little damage as she can...The last two babies have been harder for Mrs. Dugger to carry this very well maybe be their last not by choice. My dad came from a famliy of 9 and one of his sisters had 9 as well after that my aunt has been unable to become pregent again. Mother nature will give a woman a cut off point all on her own and it sounds to me like Mrs. dugger may have reached hers.

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2009, 3:41 pm

I just can't care

Odin
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2009, 8:37 pm

Religious nut-balls. Ugh.

Friskeygirl
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2009, 9:00 pm

19 kids, that reminds me of The Meaning of Life the poor catholic family, does she even experience
birth pains, I am imagining the baby sort of sliding out and dropping to the floor.That is way to many
kids to bring into the world, its hardly selfish to say that, I think breeding like bunnies for humans is
to wasteful, I am so sick of TLC airing these programs promoting abnormal child birth sets a bad
example for woman like the OctoMom. So sick of this consumerist breeder culture we live in.

history_of_psychiatry
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2009, 11:51 pm

19 freakin children? Geez! That woman must have stretchmarks from her head down to her toes!

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2009, 3:01 am

From what I have heard, this is a family of relgious fundamentalists, and fundie-families tend to conceive a lot of children; I don't know why this is, but I will never understand why anyone would want to have so many children. Two kids would be my limit-should I ever decide to have kids. :lol:

Wombat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2009, 6:05 am

Good for them if they can support and care for their children.

This is far better than that nut job woman in California who has managed to have many kids using IVF with no husband and no way to support them.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2009, 12:43 pm

GreenGrrl wrote:

Too many humans? What is your excuse for remaining alive then?

ruveyn

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2009, 2:45 pm

By the way, this woman is probably the Chinese government's worst nightmare. :wink:

Mainichi
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Dec 2009, 11:29 pm

Wombat wrote:
Good for them if they can support and care for their children.

This is far better than that nut job woman in California who has managed to have many kids using IVF with no husband and no way to support them.

Oh, yes Nadya Suleman aka Octomon has 14 children under age 8 all conceived through IVF. She had the first set of Octuplets to survival past 1 week. Three of her older children have special needs. One has severe autism and has been in the hospital on more than once for hurting himself. Another child has mild autism. The oldest boy has severe adhd, and has been known to be violent to others and himself. Octomon is getting a reality show as well. I'm not sure if she on welfare anymore but in the past she received ssi disability checks for her 3 special needs kids.
Oh and they other day she told Matt Lauer that she wants to have more CHILDREN.

Dr. Michael Kamrava, Octomon doctor was kicked out of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine back a couple of months ago. Kamrava has repeatedly violated the group's standards. He can still practice medicine since only a state has the power to revoke a doctor's license.