Any aspies who still like kids stuff?

Page 1 of 5 [ 74 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

jocundthelilac
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2009, 7:42 am

Like kids programmes and toys.

I love Lazytown. It's one of the few things that keeps me sane. I love to watch Nick Jr. when I'm bored, I collect toys and I sometimes play with them.

Is this a common aspie trait? Liking stuff you should have outgrown years ago?

Magnús Scheving is my Icelandic rose :)

MrLoony
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2009, 8:14 am

I enjoy a good game of Pokemon every now and again, and I often watch Spongebob Squarepants or Fairly Oddparents.

The thing is that it's not uncommon for adults to like "kids' stuff," but neurotypicals seem to avoid it because it's, for some reason, not "normal."

24 Dec 2009, 8:46 am

I like Teletubbies, I watch Arthur, Clifford, Curious George, Spongebob, Dore the Explorer sometimes.
I don't watch much TV like I used to.

Lot of people still like kid shows but they are so ashamed they don't tell anyone. When they do, they will say they watched it with their kids or grand kids or sister's kids or brother's, etc. I don't know why it's considered taboo.

I like Happy Meal toys but I don't bother with them anymore because I have enough stuff in my apartment.

Quote:
The thing is that it's not uncommon for adults to like "kids' stuff," but neurotypicals seem to avoid it because it's, for some reason, not "normal."

And people with other neurological conditions or mental illnesses or personality disorders.

bdhkhsfgk
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2009, 8:53 am

MrLoony wrote:
I enjoy a good game of Pokemon every now and again, and I often watch Spongebob Squarepants or Fairly Oddparents.

Many adults like Spongebob, there's nothing wrong with that, but they only watch it with their kids or with their family, as for Pokemon, many NT\s still play the games and watch the show, because they want to be re-united with their childhood, even though I don't do it, but Fairly Oddparents IS aimed for kids.

MrLoony
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2009, 9:03 am

bdhkhsfgk wrote:
MrLoony wrote:

Many adults like Spongebob, there's nothing wrong with that, but they only watch it with their kids or with their family, as for Pokemon, many NT\s still play the games and watch the show, because they want to be re-united with their childhood, even though I don't do it, but Fairly Oddparents IS aimed for kids.

That's kind of the point of my second paragraph. Plenty of people like this stuff, but they avoid it as a fun activity in and of itself because they don't want to be seen as weird. I don't play Pokemon to get reunited with my childhood. I play it because it's fun and I think that Sandslash is adorable. I watch Spongebob when I'm all by myself, and I don't care about saying that. I am weird; hear me hiss, hoot, and neigh.

southwestforests
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2009, 9:06 am

Spokane_Girl wrote:
And people with other neurological conditions or mental illnesses or personality disorders.
:D

But then I have young grandchildren - who's gonna notice anything abnormal of it :!:

Last edited by southwestforests on 24 Dec 2009, 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Almandite
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Dec 2009, 10:51 am

I <3 Sonny With A Chance (Disney Channel) and will often watch said channel with my sister.

Elementary_Physics
Toucan
Toucan

24 Dec 2009, 11:13 am

Spokane_Girl wrote:
I watch Arthur,"

LOVE Arther, but I also love Ren and Stimpy (I own every DVD, including the Adult episodes), and I enjoy watching Bill Nye the Science guy

I still play with Legos intensely, and my bed is covered in stuffed animals.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2009, 11:44 am

I have a kid in me topic

The Christmas cartoons. :P

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2009, 12:23 pm

Model Trains, any kind or scale ....

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2009, 12:28 pm

still a bit of a pokemon nut, I play yu-gi-oh on occasion with some friends (they too are my age), spongebob is one of the best things out there, im just a general gaming nut, and an anime nut to the point of being borderline otaku (I dont do the crazy stuff like marrying characters and stuff.)

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

jocundthelilac
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2009, 3:45 pm

DemonAbyss10 wrote:
(I dont do the crazy stuff like marrying characters and stuff.)

That guy FAILED on so many levels.

Magnús Scheving is my Icelandic rose :)

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2009, 5:19 pm

jocundthelilac wrote:
DemonAbyss10 wrote:
(I dont do the crazy stuff like marrying characters and stuff.)

That guy FAILED on so many levels.

Yeah I know. If i can find the article on it, i would so post a link to it.

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2009, 7:48 pm

Disney movies, toy Routemasters and Christmas. :D

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2009, 9:13 pm

I can relate to you on the kid's programs. I used to feel embarased but my mom said it's perfectly alright to like to watch cartoons and kid's shows even if you are year's past the target audience. I still watch the early 90's Barney eppisodes when they are on. But my total favorite has to be Timothy Goes to School. The cutest cartoon ever made hands down. I still collect My Little Ponies and Littlest Pet Shop. I have hundreds of stuffed animals and still even sleep with one. Lots of NT's collect toys and such, they are just too embarased to admit it.

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2009, 4:37 am

I still watch kids shows includiing Trapdoor, sonic the hedgehog and Stormhawks. I like to play with toys and it really p****s me off at christmas when people insist on buying me oversized socks instead of a playmobile figure or a cuddly rabbit. My Stepdad (who we are convinced has AS) still cuddles teddy bears and likes Pooh bear! He's in his 40s!

I don't think theres anything wrong with being young. Childhood is wasted these days anyway because kids all want to grow up so damn fast. I am happy to be a big kid!