Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

lithium73
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Dec 2009, 8:00 am

Just need to vent because i am really struggling at the moment. I have put a huge amount of work into my life over the last year or so and its getting me no where. Had a setback today and i have been fighting some pretty bad depression all night. Just cant see any sort of point at the moment because there is nothing but pain and hurt going on. haven't had anything to be joyfull over in a long time.

MartyMoose
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2009, 8:01 am

I thought this was going to be about public urination

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2009, 8:35 am

lithium73 wrote:
Just need to vent because i am really struggling at the moment. I have put a huge amount of work into my life over the last year or so and its getting me no where. Had a setback today and i have been fighting some pretty bad depression all night. Just cant see any sort of point at the moment because there is nothing but pain and hurt going on. haven't had anything to be joyfull over in a long time.

Give it time. You're seeing all of the work you've done negatively because of your setback. But a setback is momentary. If your work is important to you, keep striving.

Aspie-B
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Dec 2009, 9:04 am

MartyMoose wrote:

Me too. Waiting for the posts to come up, I was thinking "ok, I'll bite, lets take a look."

I hope the original poster can get it worked out though. I got a lot of pressures from work right now too. Too many deadlines comming up, and not enough time to get everything ready.

Wedge
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2009, 10:05 am

Aspie-B wrote:
MartyMoose wrote:

Me too. Waiting for the posts to come up, I was thinking "ok, I'll bite, lets take a look."

I hope the original poster can get it worked out though. I got a lot of pressures from work right now too. Too many deadlines comming up, and not enough time to get everything ready.

:x Yeah I also thought about that. But would we be kicked out of the forum if we talked about that?

Shadwell
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2009, 10:45 am

You've always got us.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2009, 11:10 am

Wedge wrote:
Aspie-B wrote:
MartyMoose wrote:

:x Yeah I also thought about that. But would we be kicked out of the forum if we talked about that?

right you are, Wedge! That is why I changed the topic title.

Merle

FaithHopeCheese
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2009, 2:32 pm

edit....

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2009, 9:41 pm

Shadwell wrote:
You've always got us.

:D that's the best part of WrongPlanet, Shadwell, live posting any time of the day or night it's open all hours. Any time you need it.

Merle

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

30 Dec 2009, 12:16 am

Hi Lithium73. I might not be addressing exactly what you stated here, but I think I have something similar going on with me. For me right now, I am finding it very hard to get motivated to do stuff. I can think about it, but when I start to do it...I get lazy and don't. Actually, I think a lot of people are going through this right now. In the northern hemisphere I think it is called the winter blahs. Today, I made myself get one of my HO scale models out of the basement to begin work on it. Did I work on it? Not exactly, but I did get pieces laid out to start. So I have confidence that I will begin to work on my models again. Once you get started on an interest again I find you often get enthused about it again. I think I got in a rut after analyzing myself for over a year after my AS diagnosis. AS became an obsessive interest of mine, and it has been read, read, read, WP, WP, and WP. Well, I have stopped reading so much about AS, but I am not planning on stopping WP. I love WP, and it is very beneficial to my life. I have met a lot of people in these forums in posts and PMs that I respect and value. And this past summer I actually met a member in person while on a business trip with my wife.

I guess what I am trying to say is...find or rediscover your interests. When you get involved in them I think it allows us to find life in all the other things too. Don't think that you have wasted your time by not getting things done. Even if you have only thought about things you have advanced at least some.

Something I find that helps is to play some computer game like Solitaire or Flip Words. These often exercise our minds and refresh us. And something else, even if you have no motivation to perform an interest---force yourself to do something with that interest. All of a sudden, the spark of excitement may again ignite. And remember, you have all of us at the WP who are willing to help. I think most of us have had down times. The members here have helped me a lot in the past when I was feeling down. I hope you get feeling better.

lithium73
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Dec 2009, 5:40 am

Feeling a bit better and now able to step back and look at things from a better distance. Also changing some Uni courses around to pure research which suits me a lot better and has given me back a bit of enthusiasm. thanks for the kind words everyone.