Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2010, 5:47 pm

I tried connecting to my Psychology teacher I upset (she denied me) :-( So that was a crushing blow emotionally speaking. I also have a friend in College but chose not to Facebook her. My family is always on the apps but I find the games boring and stupid (give me Zelda,Metroid,Metal Gear etc. over that stuff!! !!) The crushing blow of the teacher and the whole friend in school (and I'm not so it's kind of upsetting) So I'm therefore not on Facebook. What are YOUR thoughts on Facebook?

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2010, 6:24 pm

UGH. I canceled my account on Facebook. I would leave messages and no one would respond to them. It's too..I dont know. Just not for me I guess. :?

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2010, 7:07 pm

I have never bothered with facebook. Too lazy.

Facebook can be used as a spying tool
eg a woman posted insults about her boss and got sacked for it.

I have heard of this idiot that was on the run from the law and changed his status to fugitive. And was caught after doing that.

skysaw
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2010, 7:19 pm

zeldapsychology wrote:
I tried connecting to my Psychology teacher I upset (she denied me) :-( So that was a crushing blow emotionally speaking. I also have a friend in College but chose not to Facebook her. My family is always on the apps but I find the games boring and stupid (give me Zelda,Metroid,Metal Gear etc. over that stuff!! !!) The crushing blow of the teacher and the whole friend in school (and I'm not so it's kind of upsetting) So I'm therefore not on Facebook. What are YOUR thoughts on Facebook?

This is one of the dangers (for want of a better word) of facebook.

I have an account. I got rid of my wall months back, and left my account untouched for ages. Then I went back to check it, and facebook had put my wall back without asking me. So then everybody who looked at my profile could see that I had a wall that was completely blank. That's just a great way to advertise my lack of popularity.
Plus, my photo album is completely empty.
I really should just disable my account ...

Redfox
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Jan 2010, 7:29 pm

I use it. I never use the status updates though. I doubt anyone cares what I'm doing on any given night. Usually I just use it to connect with old friends and see what they're up to. It's never anything interesting though. I keep everything private so employers and such can't spy on me, not that I have anything to hide on it because my wall and photo allbum are nearly empty.

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2010, 8:15 pm

i have my ups and downs with it. people don't respond a lot when i comment on their wall but my sister said that people who've had a facebook for a while may not get on as much or feel obligated to respond to every comment. it still annoys me at times though.

i made a thread about my new facebook somewhere around here. i really try to respond people all the time.

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2010, 8:45 pm

I find Facebook a good way to connect with people whom I kind of know and I'm too shy to start conversations with in real life (because ya know...it is the norm to add anyone you "know" as your friend).

VincentVanJones
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Jan 2010, 8:49 pm

It's to me a good way to keep in touch with people at times, and works as a nice organizer for some things. Also updating my status on FB to tell the world what is new some how feels better then being a tweet whore.

Zara
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2010, 9:45 pm

I have a facebook but I don't really use it. All I keep getting is adds from people in my HS class. HS and me are not friends so this it's kind of turning me off to the facebook.

Come check out my photography!
http://dmausf.deviantart.com/

Greshym_Shorkan
Toucan
Toucan

04 Jan 2010, 11:47 pm

jc6chan wrote:
I find Facebook a good way to connect with people whom I kind of know and I'm too shy to start conversations with in real life (because ya know...it is the norm to add anyone you "know" as your friend).

Really? I've gotten turned down by people I "know." :roll:

Asmodeus
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2010, 3:08 am

zeldapsychology wrote:

I wouldn't treat it as a crushing blow. It's akin to going to their family home or the bar they drink with their friends at and trying to start a conversation about your course.
I find facebook a neccessity, the general population are told to use it by their peers, and so to interact with any of them I must use it.

wigglyspider
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2010, 5:25 am

I wouldn't think too much about the teacher thing.. teachers have so many students, they probably just don't like to deal with all those people just because of the sheer numbers, even if they really like the individuals.

I don't really like facebook either.. have you seen that episode of IT Crowd with the the facebook parody? It's just like that. XD; People I don't want to talk to can find me, everyone I know from all social groups can see everything I post.. meaning my colleagues can see me exchange dirty and obnoxious jokes with my friends and my mom can see me goofing off on games and my friends can see my mom talking to me about things I don't talk to my friends about.. what a nightmare! D:
Plus I can't remember who half the people trying to friend me even are! ;;;;;;;;;;;

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2010, 5:52 am

I used to not like it, but then I got one. It's okay. I like how I can cross talk with my friends and family. My boyfriend (One-winged-angel) just got one too. :D

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2010, 11:48 am

Greshym_Shorkan wrote:
jc6chan wrote:

Really? I've gotten turned down by people I "know." :roll:

Oh ya, I defenitely got turned down before but still there are others I "know" but never really had conversations with in real life.

dossa
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2010, 11:59 am

I never have had a facebook page and I never will. My husband goes on that site and I find the applications to be incredibly boring and stupid. All of the back and forth nonstop chatter of those people in short comments.. it is like glorified smalltalk in a box that I want no part of. Further, people use it as a way to keep in touch with people they used to see often. I do not want to keep in contact with people I never see anymore. I have a hard enough time keeping up with people I see on a monthly basis, why would I stress myself out over people I have not seen in ten years... what are the chances I would even know or care who they were in the first place? It sounds like a nightmare to me. But I am not really a social person and when I am I am slow paced about it. The fact that people can im you from there is enough to keep me away. It is too interactive like that for me.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2010, 12:20 pm

zeldapsychology wrote:

I tried to connect to my favourite teacher, turns out that she suddenly denied me so I was thinking was she being fake to me after all these years I was in school? I even cried and nearly had a breakdown and never wanted to live again...

Besides that, I just don't like it altogether, it looks cheaper, you can't make customized backgrounds and yet people are so obsessed with it that it totally really does my head in... UGH :lol: :lol: