No, but I can understand 53%  53%  [ 16 ]
I think you need help, AJ 10%  10%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 30

AJCoyne
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Mar 2010, 2:14 pm

Anyone else have this?

I'm really starting to worry that I'm the only one with this special interest. It's kind of weird to explain, too. I see the way people react to news stories...they cry, they seem disgusted...but I find it extremely interesting...I spend hours scouring wikipedia for cannibals and rapists and killers of all description- the more unique the better.
I don't really know how to explain :oops: if you want to ask me any questions about it you can, just...I'd really like to know if anyone else has this special interest.

DavidM
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Mar 2010, 2:19 pm

I recommend you study criminology at university or join some kind of law enforcement agency ... put that interest to good use. 8O

AJCoyne
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Mar 2010, 2:21 pm

DavidM wrote:
I recommend you study criminology at university or join some kind of law enforcement agency ... put that interest to good use. 8O
Yes, it would probably be good for me to have some sort of...outlet... :lol: I'd quite like to teach in a prison :lol:

devark
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Mar 2010, 2:22 pm

The psychopathology of people that fall into this category is interesting, but that's where my interest ends.

Psychopompos
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2010, 2:30 pm

I voted "no but I can understand".
I'm rather interested by war. :twisted:

Alum dare, dolere, id Hephaestus, id ire / Pro profundis fati / Pro pulchris infernarum profundis / Pro pulchris omni fati brachium / Pulchris profundis infernarum servi fati / Profundis, profundis fati

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2010, 3:13 pm

I have a special interest in the drug trade.

maleb
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Mar 2010, 3:25 pm

I'm intrigued by all aspects of humanity.

Fudo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2010, 3:48 pm

Psychopompos wrote:
I voted "no but I can understand".
I'm rather interested by war. :twisted:

i didn't 'cos the man rigs it' ;) but i can understand, through a deep interest in war, conflict & combat etcetera

dustintorch
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2010, 4:04 pm

just be careful who you tell this to. I bought a book on serial killer once because I had a fascination with scary movies. Turns out I don't have a fascination with real life serial killers. That actually scares me, movies don't. I threw the book away and my roomate was like, "Thank god."

Pointless
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Mar 2010, 4:09 pm

No, but I understand.
Recently I was really obsessed with psychopaths, I do understand them very good, even the very crazy ones. But then I forced myself to stop before understanding the TOO well. ;)

anxiety25
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2010, 4:09 pm

I do it at times, especially if I hear some obscure reference to a specific name. I immediately want to figure out what that person did.

Some of it is just downright horrendous... yet fascinating in an odd way. Almost like, trying to get into their minds.

My boyfriend and I just had an argument the other night about something similar. We were watching an episode of "I Survived" (a show you might enjoy), and afterwards, he was just baffled. He couldn't understand why these people (the people attempting to kill the others) were getting angry at the others for not dying right.

I think he was even creeped out by me when it first started, because I said "It's easy. That isn't a person necessarily to them, but part of a plan... and them being human and fighting back is basically screwing up the whole plan. These people are operating on time tables-many of them."

He just looked at me... it took him about 10 minutes to respond with anything that resembled words, lol. He was finally able to detach himself for a moment, and understand, but didn't want to understand, and told me so. So I dropped it after telling him not to ask questions about "WHY someone would do something" if he doesn't want opinions or answers, lol.

"I enjoyed the meetings, too. It was like having friends." -Luna Lovegood

ursaminor
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2010, 4:22 pm

Not so much rape, I think the act is disgusting, but serial killers interest me.
I also answered yes to that question on the Aspie quiz about being fascinated about making traps.
I never saw any of the Saw movies, but I did look it up on Wikipedia and it was nice.

Kajjie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Mar 2010, 4:33 pm

I had a huge obsession with death, murder was included in that. I have also been fascinated by paedophilia.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

08 Mar 2010, 5:17 pm

One of my special interests used to be serial killers. I don't know why I was so interested in them but it really made people at school dislike me even more. Don't tell people that you have this interest unless they are family or close friends because if what happened to me happens to you, you might get people thinking that you're making plans to kill people. For me that was totally untrue. I was just obsessed with gruesome things at that time. I think it was a part of my depression. I've read that when people with AS are depressed their special interests can sometimes turn gruesome.

...maybe you should become a criminal profiler (I used to be obsessed with becoming one).

AJCoyne
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Mar 2010, 5:56 pm

Ah thank god, reading all your replies has made me feel a little more at ease...I'm glad no-one's come on here all judgemental...
People tend to think you're going to end up a murderer or rapist, you know? Maybe I am :? I don't know, it's not the easiest thing to predict. Mm...I dunno.

For a long time I have wanted to make some sort of scrapbook. Jeffrey Dahmer is my favourite :oops:

Darksideblues42
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Mar 2010, 6:31 pm

I am interested in the darker side of humanity. I think it is has to do with some of the demons of my youth, but I have a strong sense of individual justice, and there is just something about trying to understand what drives people to commit atrocities...

It puts me at ease to be able to say that no matter how dark my moods or thoughts, I still have more of a sense of humanity, and a firmer grasp of right and wrong than some of the more "Normal" members of mainstream society.