Anyone have experience with risperdal, depokote or ativavan

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

hyperion
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2006, 7:01 pm

Anyone have experience with risperdal, depokote or ativavan? I've been placed on them and i was wondering what to expect. thanks i hope im not a bother.

wandrew
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Mar 2006, 8:50 pm

You're not a bother. "We're all here to help each other get through this thing called life, whatever it is."
Mark Vonnegut said that. He's the son of Kurt Vonnegut. Diagnosed as a schizophrenic in his teens, he overcame it and is now a successful doctor and writer.
You obviously have a lot of courage, intelligence and determination. If you have those three things, then you cannot fail!

parts
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2006, 9:41 pm

Quote:
Anyone have experience with risperdal, depokote or ativavan? I've been placed on them and i was wondering what to expect. thanks i hope im not a bother.

My son was on depakote I personally didn't see a change expert he was always hunger and ate all the time

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2006, 1:20 am

I was Ativan for about three months, and all it did was make me tired. I quit taking it.

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2006, 3:12 am

I felt ret*d when I was on depakote. :x

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2006, 6:06 am

rispiredol makes you pile on weight. I would proabbly be smaller than I am now if I wasnt forced to take it as an early teen for a few years.

Stupid dumb useless drug.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2006, 7:20 am

I was in hospital when put on Risperdal. I didn't like it much as I slept too much and had twitches so badly that I couldn't concentrate at all because I was thinking of the twitches! It felt like my thinking capabilities were dulled, too.
As for Depakote (called Epilim or Valpro here in Australia), I was on 1000mg of that for over a year and can't really say it had any affect at all...weird.
I don't know if it is a good idea to put you on those medications all at once. How do they know which one is working and which one is not? Or if you experience intolerable side-effects, which medication dose to lower or stop all together? I hope you have a good doctor who knows what they are doing, as these medications aren't something to play around with.

hyperion
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2006, 6:59 pm

I dont have good doctor, i have to go to some counseling(other (state mandated?)) place that i dont know about, where the doctors word is law, he cant be challenged, doesnt have to listen to anything i say(probaly wont), and im not allowed to stop taking the medication no matter how much anguish im in. and my parents are always on me an threathen to throw me in street or a state faciliity if i dont take it.

hyperion
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2006, 8:25 pm

I found out your not supposed to be on the three at the same time, British AP says(im pretty sure) you should not be on thought and mood medication at the same time, depokote is a no with my fatty liver and should not be on traquilizers and depokoate and the same time. WHen they put me on risperdal they say i had a siezure new they screwed up and put me on the depokoate to cover their buts.

Will have my personality return eventually ?

hyperion
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2006, 4:05 pm

i feel ret*d on this stuff will it were off

EGMaria2004
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Apr 2006, 7:55 am

I take rispiradal 1mg when i feel i need it. I don't take it daily but i find it very helpful for those days i just have no patience for the world and start to think about doing a school shooting or something. The pill just makes me feel less agitated and impatient.

I don't need it most of the time, but it's good to have. I also find it helps with social situations that seem uncomprehensible.

hyperion
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2006, 1:44 pm

this stuffits not permanant is it?