Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Otis_Tik
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Mar 2006, 6:03 am

Hi all,

My name is Tom and i'm new here, although i've been here a few times before, but that was some years ago. I live in Holland, but i grew up in Belgium. I got diagnosed there (in Belgium) 2 years ago with "Autism Spectrum Disorder", which until today is a rather vague term for me. It's a common term in Belgium but i'm not sure "which load it covers", Aspergers would be the closest, i guess. But it doesn't matter, anyway :)

I'm 29, by the way :)

I stopped seeing my councellor when i moved from Belgium to Holland and i'm generally doing ok, although at some times i feel the urge to talk about some things on my mind, so i figured i signed up here so i could come here whenever i felt that urge. Or for some lighter stuff if i need it :)
My biggest interests are music and, ehm, football or soccer, i'm not sure what the common term here is. I realize not many auties are into sports, but i can't help it. It started as a kid, keeping statistics of all cups, teams, competitions, whatever i found and in general it never stopped. I also like computergames and in particular FM/CM (because of the football and numbers/statistics ofcourse :))
Also, i have a wonderful girlfriend, who's autistic too, which i a very great comfort for me. We basically like the same things and we give each other the time and room we need, which is quite different to me than in a relationship with an NT. Plus, whenever things might go bad, we always have each other... :)

I'm done talking for now :)

See you.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2006, 7:09 am

Welcome to WP!

wandrew
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Mar 2006, 8:49 am

Welcome!

"Autism Spectrum Disorder" sounds like one of those catchall titles doctors use when they don't know specifically what they're dealing with. Hopefully, one of them will figure it out.

How's the health care situation in Belgium? Is there a national health program to help people with ASDs, or do you get insurance through an employer or private agency?

Anyway, hope to see you around! 8)

sc
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2006, 9:29 am

Howdy

Otis_Tik
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Mar 2006, 10:41 am

Thanks all.

And the healthcare system in Belgium has statistically proven to be the best in the world, so i'm covered by my personal and employees insurance. Only problem is, now i moved to Holland it's much harder for me over here to find a job, as i would like a part-time job. Something peaceful and quiet :)

But i could be off much worse, i guess. :)