Aspies with no interest in dating better off?

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2010, 11:22 am

Do you find aspies who have no interest in dating/relationships better off than NTs who also have no interest?

NTs have no trouble socializing and so people will start to flirt with NTs and it would make them uncomfortable. Aspies on the other hand, not many people would flirt with someone who has trouble with communicating and so they won't feel awkward.

Also, NTs tend to have more friends and "feel closer" to their friends (because they are REAL friends) and so their friends may all be dating and they feel left out or their friends might pressure them to start dating.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2010, 11:45 am

jc6chan wrote:
Do you find aspies who have no interest in dating/relationships better off than NTs who also have no interest?

they would be the same as far as i can see. if they have no interest in "dating", then they both would not care about what happens.
i have no interest in "dating", and i have no worries whether i am liked or not.
if "NT's" feel the same way then it is all equal.

jc6chan wrote:
NTs have no trouble socializing and so people will start to flirt with NTs and it would make them uncomfortable. Aspies on the other hand, not many people would flirt with someone who has trouble with communicating and so they won't feel awkward.

it matters what you look like. i have girls who intrude on my solitude because they think i am backward and attractive. they do not realize i am a real person, and they try to coerce me into physical relationships and they think i am so silly that i will just let them do stuff to me and they try to touch me because they think i will not be so intelligent as to know what they are trying to do. there is no social ability necessary in order to attract some girls.

jc6chan wrote:
Also, NTs tend to have more friends and "feel closer" to their friends (because they are REAL friends) and so their friends may all be dating and they feel left out or their friends might pressure them to start dating.

hmm.i have no idea.

Dilbert
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2010, 12:34 pm

ANYONE with no interest in dating is better off. Seriously. Opening oneself up emotionally to another person is extremely vulnerable. At least 50% of marriages, and an even higher number of relationships eventually fail and end in misery. Avoding that would be a logical thing to do. Of course, logic plays no part in this. ;)

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2010, 12:36 pm

In some ways, yeah. It's swings and roundabouts. Love can be punishing and rewarding. You miss the highs, but you also miss the lows.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2010, 3:34 pm

I'm not sure if anyone is better off. Being loved would be better, but the strain of telling your life's story over and over and over again, dining with girls you cannot stand is bloody tiresome! I understand why some guys copypaste their messages inbetween chats, but i tend to go for a more qualitative approach myself, i have requirements and that filters away lots of girls i really do not want to talk to.

Some NT's starts crying about me not wanting to date moms or smokers, but its not my problem: If i am not interested, then i am not interested - there is a reason for it, i didnt make the requirements up for fun! Its not like i am going magically make an exception for one person, and i am confident that most other guys would agree (well, at least the ones with a backbone that have an opinion).

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2010, 9:19 pm

I think that peopel who aren't interested in dating are far better off. Taking on a load of yourself, yur problems and fears, plus someone elses into consideration, plus their wants is way too much to cope with.

I am much better off when I have no interest in dating. And MUCH MUCH happier. When I want to date, have a large crush of partner i'm usually miserable.

roadGames
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 May 2010, 1:38 am

I don't think I'm built for relationships. Anything beyond friends with benefits is dangerous for me because it involves actual social skills and emotions. I feel bad for girls that like me for more than just a fling.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

07 May 2010, 4:57 am

I think Aspies could get more pressure to date from family members than NTs. Family members of Aspies tend to be more worried about the person not dating than NTs because the Aspie is usually more dependent on family members than NTs.

I'm sure witch one is better off not wanting to date thou :?

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Xingularity
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 May 2010, 8:15 am

"Better off" how? Better-off in terms of emotional stability? Minimisation of anxiety? Living an overall happy life?

One can only find out which life path is best for oneself by experimentation.

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2010, 8:49 am

If they truly have no interest, then good for them. If they are perfectly happy being alone then more power to them.

"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people. I once worked with a guy for three years and never learned his name. The best friend I ever had. We still never talk sometimes."

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2010, 12:27 pm

Even without dating and I may be generalizing here, at least most "nts" get to call someone up like a friend when they're feeling down or lonely. When I say "get to", I mean have the skills.

In some regards, yes I think you're better off whatever that means but I think what bothers me the most is not having the adept social skills in getting to know someone or calling them. Though I like my moments of solitude it can get very overwhelming and I've had more than a few outbursts with depression. My empathy might not be up to par with "normal people" but the feelings are there just not readily expressed.