this medication is hurting me

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

hyperion
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2006, 9:58 am

i was remdicated about 20 days ago. Depokate. i was placed in a ward by my lying mother. i given risperdal wich made thing impossible and gave me a siezure. i was put on depokate to coverr thier buts. Being on this stuff made deciding to not take it impossible, hunc being forcibly medicated.

Its impaired my morals and values center and higher order thinking(lower is still ok) and will power

is the effect permant. i have been slowly going off it

Will i recover well me. my likes dislikes thought proccesss memories values quirks etc

i need to know the way off.

its making getting out of this house nearly impossible

queerpuppy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Apr 2006, 10:21 am

This link may give you some helpful info. http://www.crazymeds.org/depakote.html

Take care of yourself. Try to take it easy - don't rush things.

Robin

wandrew
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Apr 2006, 10:31 am

I echo Robin's advice. I would also add that, if this is a hospital and you're over 18, you can sign out in what's called Against Medical Advice (AMA). In other words, the doctors tell you it's against your best interests to sign out and leave the hospital, and you say "Fine. I understand. I want to leave." You may have to get a lawyer as well--look in the phone book and see if you can find a public defender--that shuldn't cost you anything--or call law firms at random, see if you can interest them in a pro bono civil liberties case. Good Luck!

hyperion
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2006, 11:06 am

it might come to that, wich is why is should get out, ihust need to be a little stronger

hyperion
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2006, 11:09 am

it might come to that, wich is why is should get out, ihust need to be a little stronger

hyperion
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2006, 11:11 am

sorry for the extra postings browser problem please dont be offended

hyperion
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2006, 2:59 pm

i need a doctors suppervistion to get offt this medication, wich my parents wondt help with