Page 1 of 7 [ 103 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

cyb0rg
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 May 2010, 4:33 pm

I am proud to say it too! When you have sensory issues, anxiety/panic/depression, social difficulties, and all the other problems that occur when NTs are around I am proud to say I don't want to do it!

I am more than happy to take NT's tax money to pay for my disability checks and medicaid. To quote the movie Fight Club, "I call it an as*hole tax".

Thanks uncle Sam!

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2010, 4:52 pm

Unfortunately, you are so far off that I'm not sure where to begin. But let's start with where your money comes from - there isn't some "NT" money pool where your income is derived. You're taking my tax dollars, and I find your comments offensive to my own efforts. While I don't want to work, and struggle with it, I've managed to be self-employed twice-over and find a way. And yes, the comorbids and related issues to being on the spectrum can be debilitating... but to achieve what I want in life, it won't come if I treat the world as an economic parasite on a larger organism. Sacrifice is part of life... personally, I find the glib manner in which you treat the situation rather repulsive. If you can't work, then fine... but given what appears to be gloating and your apparent 'decision' in the matter, from my perspective, I would have some questions and doubts.

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

cyb0rg

19 May 2010, 4:57 pm

makuranososhi wrote:
Unfortunately, you are so far off that I'm not sure where to begin. But let's start with where your money comes from - there isn't some "NT" money pool where your income is derived. You're taking my tax dollars, and I find your comments offensive to my own efforts. While I don't want to work, and struggle with it, I've managed to be self-employed twice-over and find a way. And yes, the comorbids and related issues to being on the spectrum can be debilitating... but to achieve what I want in life, it won't come if I treat the world as an economic parasite on a larger organism. Sacrifice is part of life... personally, I find the glib manner in which you treat the situation rather repulsive. If you can't work, then fine... but given what appears to be gloating and your apparent 'decision' in the matter, from my perspective, I would have some questions and doubts.

M.

Cool, I am glad you feel that way, but you missed the part where my anger is focused on people who think that just because somebody is on disability makes them a leech. One of my first achievements as an autistic was to learn not to give a s**t what people think about me.

Cyanide
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2010, 4:57 pm

There's nothing wrong with not wanting to work, but being a welfare leech just makes you a loser. :?

cyb0rg

19 May 2010, 5:00 pm

Cyanide wrote:
There's nothing wrong with not wanting to work, but being a welfare leech just makes you a loser. :?

See? ;) I guess that just depends on your definition of exactly what being a "loser" really means. I have met people who had so much money they didn't know what to do with it and they were complete losers. My definition of a loser is a person who allows themselves to be manipulated into thinking they should have the same goals and ideals as everyone else. We have disability programs for a reason. I guess all disabled people in your book are losers?

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2010, 5:07 pm

There's a difference between being disabled and self-confident, and someone who is proud of abusing and milking the system. You mention conditions that exist in most everyone on the spectrum (and many not) without severity, so one is left to wonder whether you are there by choice or by need. No one has said anything about disabled people in general, only regarding you and your actions. I don't agree with JB's taking aim at you personally in comments, I am disgusted by your mentality and behavior.

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

YankeesGamer24

19 May 2010, 5:17 pm

You say that a loser has the same goals and ideals as everyone else. What goals do you have? Obviously not social or career goals. Taking the easy way out may seem good now but you WILL regret it in the long run. I suggest you get meds or therepy or whatever to deal with issues you have and get out there make something of your life. You can be some loser who gave up on trying or give it your best effort and do something with your life. To be honest, I really don't care which, its your life.

cyb0rg

19 May 2010, 5:18 pm

makuranososhi wrote:
There's a difference between being disabled and self-confident, and someone who is proud of abusing and milking the system. You mention conditions that exist in most everyone on the spectrum (and many not) without severity, so one is left to wonder whether you are there by choice or by need. No one has said anything about disabled people in general, only regarding you and your actions. I don't agree with JB's taking aim at you personally in comments, I am disgusted by your mentality and behavior.

M.

So all the sudden I am abusing and milking the system? Way to jump to conclusions, Jack. There are procedures in place to prevent that from happening, so either I am really good at faking autism or it is a legitimate disability. The govt and all my doctors seem to think it's legitimate, so until you can assemble a team of your own experts to dispute my claim on what is rightfully mine I guess you will have to stick with your apparently flawed judgmental skills. Until then I will enjoy my early retirement from hell.

Sure I can be flippant, but why that seems to agitate you is a mystery to me.

Jimbeaux
Toucan
Toucan

19 May 2010, 5:21 pm

If someone absolutely can not work, emotionally, physically, or mentally, I have no problem allowing them to collect food stamps for basic food, medicaid, and enough money for them to share an apartment with someone and buy clothes at a goodwill or a thrift shop. If they can, but don't want to, three years on welfare and medicaid to get their life in order then get your ass to work.

It is coming. The US simply can't afford to have 64% of our 67% funded budget be eaten up by entitlements. If it doesn't, it is going to make what is happening in Greece look like NOTHING! Then everyone will be SOL.

Most people can do something, even if it is sitting in a cube doing data entry or sweeping floors. Its just that too many people choose not to. And their support will end, and it will be long overdue.

cyb0rg

19 May 2010, 5:28 pm

YankeesGamer24 wrote:
You say that a loser has the same goals and ideals as everyone else. What goals do you have? Obviously not social or career goals. Taking the easy way out may seem good now but you WILL regret it in the long run. I suggest you get meds or therepy or whatever to deal with issues you have and get out there make something of your life. You can be some loser who gave up on trying or give it your best effort and do something with your life. To be honest, I really don't care which, its your life.

I believe when we die all we take with us is what we know. I don't need money, a fancy car, or even friends. I have two college degrees and an awful lot of skills that I refuse to share with society. That's enough for me. You're right, I have no social goals or career goals because I don't NEED those things to feel successful. What you don't realize is you are pushing a social construct that has been created by mutual agreement of the average person and is not real at all. What if the situation were reversed and it was the socially correct thing to be retired and people who worked were frowned upon? It would still be a social construct, except you would be the one labeled a loser. When you use the words "make something of your life" you are pushing your social programming onto me the same as if a member of a cult came to my door telling me I was going to hell for not believing their religion.

I am not here to troll anybody, but I guess if there were such a thing as internet tough love this would be it.

Cyanide
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2010, 5:35 pm

cyb0rg wrote:
Cyanide wrote:

See? ;) I guess that just depends on your definition of exactly what being a "loser" really means. I have met people who had so much money they didn't know what to do with it and they were complete losers. My definition of a loser is a person who allows themselves to be manipulated into thinking they should have the same goals and ideals as everyone else. We have disability programs for a reason. I guess all disabled people in your book are losers?

No I don't think all disabled people are losers. However, I doubt that you are really that "disabled". Anxiety, panic and depression are not "disabilities." Pretty much everyone and their dog nowadays is depressed, and a good number of people also suffer from anxiety problems.

You also mention "social problems" and "sensory issues". First of all, everyone on the spectrum has those to a varying degree. Despite that fact, there are still a number of us that work. Second of all, not all jobs involve people, loud noises, and flashing lights. You could be a night janitor, or a night stocker to name a couple of examples (I've met people who are far more autistic than you doing those jobs, so you have no excuse there).

However, you don't even try to do anything. You don't work, nor do you have a plot of land that you live off of. You just sit back and say "I'm going to make honest hardworking people pay for my bills, because i don't waaaanaaaaaa!" Even worse, you're "proud" of it. That's what makes you a loser.

cyb0rg

19 May 2010, 5:35 pm

Jimbeaux wrote:
If someone absolutely can not work, emotionally, physically, or mentally, I have no problem allowing them to collect food stamps for basic food, medicaid, and enough money for them to share an apartment with someone and buy clothes at a goodwill or a thrift shop. If they can, but don't want to, three years on welfare and medicaid to get their life in order then get your ass to work.

It is coming. The US simply can't afford to have 64% of our 67% funded budget be eaten up by entitlements. If it doesn't, it is going to make what is happening in Greece look like NOTHING! Then everyone will be SOL.

Most people can do something, even if it is sitting in a cube doing data entry or sweeping floors. Its just that too many people choose not to. And their support will end, and it will be long overdue.

Yeah I know. How the hell will we fund our gigantic federal govt and trillion dollar a day war machine then? We are so screwed!

Jimbeaux
Toucan
Toucan

19 May 2010, 5:42 pm

Oh, please! The military is 24% of our budget. It could disappear today and we would STILL be under water! It is dwarfed by our 64% of the budget entitlements!

And yes, I do think the military also needs to be cut.

cyb0rg

19 May 2010, 5:47 pm

Cyanide wrote:
No I don't think all disabled people are losers. However, I doubt that you are really that "disabled". Anxiety, panic and depression are not "disabilities." Pretty much everyone and their dog nowadays is depressed, and a good number of people also suffer from anxiety problems.

You also mention "social problems" and "sensory issues". First of all, everyone on the spectrum has those to a varying degree. Despite that fact, there are still a number of us that work. Second of all, not all jobs involve people, loud noises, and flashing lights. You could be a night janitor, or a night stocker to name a couple of examples (I've met people who are far more autistic than you doing those jobs, so you have no excuse there).

However, you don't even try to do anything. You don't work, nor do you have a plot of land that you live off of. You just sit back and say "I'm going to make honest hardworking people pay for my bills, because i don't waaaanaaaaaa!" Even worse, you're "proud" of it. That's what makes you a loser.

You seriously think anxiety, the absolute WORST thing a human being can feel isn't disabling? If you had 10 men holding you on the ground ready to gang rape you, would you be nervous at all? No, you would be freaking the hell out! Imagine living life with that feeling every single day your entire life and tell me it isn't disabling. Anyway this has turned into a conversation that is less about me and more about you. I am *really* curious as to why my statement seems to be so damned offensive to you. So what I am stricken by hellish disabilities that plague me enough so that I am completely unable to hold a job for more than a week at a time (and even when I do it is pure hell), that doesn't mean I can't enjoy the solace that being on disability has brought me? Am I supposed to be punished the rest of my life for being born an abnormal human with a permanent feeling of guilt? I don't think so! There is NOTHING wrong with being happily on disability and having a life for once.

YankeesGamer24

19 May 2010, 5:52 pm

I'm no expert in psychology, but i'm pretty sure that not accepting social norms and to an extent isolating yourself from society is the cause of your depression and anxiety. I know this from my own experience and that's why i try to avoid thinking that way.

Jimbeaux
Toucan
Toucan

19 May 2010, 6:01 pm

Anxiety can be completely debilitating. I've been there myself. It is only because of Effexor that I manage to stay ahead of my anxiety disorder. Have you tried anti-depressants that affect both Serotonin and Nuropreneferin (Sorry, bad speller)?