Is your house/office messy or untidy?

Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Are you untidy or messy in your home/living area or office?
Yes, always untidy 79%  79%  [ 41 ]
Sometimes untidy 21%  21%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 52

Alla
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 May 2010, 8:23 pm

Is your house, room, or office usually messy or untidy?

I am a very structural person in my writing and my work. However, I must admit that tidying up around the house is not much of a concern for me (although I have gotten much better) and this point has caused some friction with a few people I have shared a house with....although I have also lived with other untidy people who were just like me.

Is this an AS trait?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2010, 8:33 pm

My house is a little on the messy side. I'm almost glad that my clubhouse will be closed on Sundays, soon. That will give me one day out of the week, that I can really get my apartment in order.

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2010, 8:43 pm

My house is pretty neat, but not perfect. There's a certain counter top I can ignore. The floors are very clean. I don't like stepping on little bits of things and we don't wear our shoes in the house. There's also very little on the floor because of our dog. I also dislike clutter - I need space to breathe.

pumibel
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2010, 8:45 pm

Ugh mine is always a mess. When I have commission work I have to clean up to be able to concentrate. Lately I have had plenty of work coming so I have had to keep my work space and room a little more tidy, but I am sure the average person probably still would think I am a slob if they were to see 8O.

pschristmas
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2010, 8:54 pm

I have a cleaning schedule at the house (although it's hard to stick to it at times) so my house is generally not too bad. It breaks the larger chores into small, easily manageable tasks. I'll never be in BH&G, but the public areas are presentable most of the time. When I have a desk or work area, though, it's usually very messy.

Darksideblues42
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 May 2010, 9:04 pm

It is always untidy, but I know where my stuff is....so.....

Dots
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2010, 9:09 pm

My living space is usually cluttered. Unfortunately I have to tidy up this week because a fire inspector is coming and I don't want to make my landlord mad. So I might try and keep it clean after I've cleaned up but I doubt it will last.

Free speech means the right to shout 'theatre' in a crowded fire.
--Abbie Hoffman

SamwiseGamgee
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2010, 9:21 pm

I have a really hard time keeping my space clean. Every so often I'll overhaul and it'll be spotless, then in a week it's a mess again.

I do have a general idea of where everything is though. And my dvds are in perfect order.

gramirez
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2010, 9:21 pm

I've never been able to keep a space clean for more than a week. :(

Alla
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 May 2010, 9:24 pm

SamwiseGamgee wrote:
I have a really hard time keeping my space clean. Every so often I'll overhaul and it'll be spotless, then in a week it's a mess again.

I do have a general idea of where everything is though. And my dvds are in perfect order.

OMG, I am the exact same way. My DVDs and my books were always in perfect order, and I would even use the duster on them occassionaly. The rooms themselve, however, are very unlucky in terms of cleaning. :wink:

musicislife
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2010, 9:36 pm

My room is an organized mess...at least to me. :P My parents are threatening to chop my room off the house if I don't clean it up. :lol: 8O

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2010, 9:47 pm

My room is in a constant state of messiness. It drives my mom insane; it bothers her so much that she occasionally comes in and cleans it while I'm outside. I'll only clean it myself if it becomes absolutely unbearable to me (inhuman amounts of clutter, trash, and/or food). When I went to school, my desks and binders were always terribly messy, and I wouldn't clean them unless my teachers forced me to.

Ferdinand
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2010, 9:52 pm

IdahoRose wrote:
My room is in a constant state of messiness. It drives my mom insane; it bothers her so much that she occasionally comes in and cleans it while I'm outside. I'll only clean it myself if it becomes absolutely unbearable to me (inhuman amounts of clutter, trash, and/or food). When I went to school, my desks and binders were always terribly messy, and I wouldn't clean them unless my teachers forced me to.

Everything is in its place, and I know where it is.

Mine is also messy, but my mom gets pissed.

Sparrowrose
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2010, 10:14 pm

I can keep a place nice enough to keep me happy when I live alone. When I live with a partner, suddenly they forget everything they ever knew about picking up after themselves, throw all kinds of garbage everywhere, and then get upset with me when I don't pick it up. I hate living with other people.

Avatar=WWI propaganda poster promoting victory gardens.

Technikilor
Toucan
Toucan

26 May 2010, 10:15 pm

No option for 'no'?

krill
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 May 2010, 11:16 pm

I couldn't vote cause my studio is always neat. It's the only way not to waste my life looking for stuff. Been there.

Now I'm organized, minimilist, and into having a cosy home. Trying to keep on top of things so I can live in the present.

I'm awful at cleaning, though. Just don't know how to do it well.