I won't be visiting the parenting forum, anymore.

Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2010, 4:28 am

It brings back too many memories, and I've found out that the things that happened to me, at the age of 9, have made me the person that I am, today. A highly sensitive person, very much like my idol. I can't do it. It's been nice, interacting with you. I cause more trouble in this section, than what it's worth. I'm taking myself and my rebellious attitude to the other forums of WP. 8)

Last edited by CockneyRebel on 06 Jun 2010, 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

VolcanicEruptions
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Jun 2010, 4:52 am

I don't really know what you mean. Are you implying that you won't be visiting the Parents' Discussion forum but posting and visiting the other forums, or are you not visiting WrongPlanet anymore? :?

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2010, 5:05 am

I read it as meaning the former.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2010, 5:08 am

VolcanicEruptions wrote:
I don't really know what you mean. Are you implying that you won't be visiting the Parents' Discussion forum but posting and visiting the other forums, or are you not visiting WrongPlanet anymore? :?

Maybe I should have been more clear in my title. I feel that I must steer clear of the parent's forum. A person with a rebellious attitude has no business butting into the business of the parents, here.

I feel so frustrated, right now.

poppyx
Toucan
Toucan

06 Jun 2010, 9:00 am

Would you care to elaborate on why?

A lot of the aspies I know had parents, and families, that tended to act like they hated their children. It might be worth confronting that for some of those people.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2010, 10:21 am

Cockney, you have to do what you need to do for yourself, and of course we understand that. If reading here upsets you, then I can understand that you will be happier not visiting this forum. But I want you to know that your presence here has always been welcome and appreciated, and I thank you for your past contributions.

Kiley
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2010, 1:13 pm

We'll miss you. I don't always have all the answers for my kids and even rebellious people can help me figure things out. Even posts I don't agree with can help me understand how someone might feel and help me do a better job of parenting.

liloleme
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2010, 3:12 pm

I dont think you have done anything offensive here or anywhere CockneyRebel and sometimes it helps parent to see an adult with Asperger's/Autism perspective. Look what Temple Grandin has done. However, you also said that some of the topics upset you and I can understand that but I dont think anyone minds you posting here. I know some people get upset and sometimes say things and as someone with Aspeger's I understand that sometimes it makes us feel bad. I sometimes get really upset, and cant even sleep, about what some people say to me here. Its just part of who we are and I dont think its always such a bad thing to be sensitive. Sometimes its hard on us but its good because sometimes we can help other people.

angelbear
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2010, 3:52 pm

I understand Cockney if you feel it upsets you, but I have always appreciated your posts as well. But I want you to be happy! You always sound pretty happy when you post, so I don't want you to be upset. Thanks for the insights you have given me.

emandryu
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Jun 2010, 6:52 pm

I'm totally new here and a parent of a 13-yr old. And in fact, I don't even know what is offensive. Like do I say he's 'labeled' with Asperger's. Or that he "IS" Apergers. You know... I have a 13 yr old Aspie. Or I have a 13 yr old WITH Asperger's?

Seems like I could use some advice from someone with experience on how to view things from your eyes. (his eyes). It seems to me that since my brain does not work the same way, I am missing out on perspectives of the world that no one but someone like you can help me to understand.

I absolutely would love to hear from those who want to interact with non-AS persons.... how else will we know? It does no good for me to ask questions of others who may not have the answer any better than I do. For example....I am not bothered by light, so how would I even THINK that the type of light in his room aggravates him?

Anyway...I do agree with the others that you have to do what is right for you, and if you find something that triggers negativity for you - then it is right and good for you to not expose yourself to it. take care!
Em

Bombaloo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2010, 8:08 pm

Cockney

I agree with angelbear. As a parent of a recently diagnosed kid, I have come here to learn and I have learned much from your posts. Your input will be missed! I hope that the knowledge that you really have given some of us parents a perspective that we would probably not have gotten anywhere else gives you some peace in your heart! Take care of yourself.

DenvrDave
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2010, 8:23 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
A person with a rebellious attitude has no business butting into the business of the parents, here...I feel so frustrated, right now.

CR, rebellious or not, I really appreciate your perspectives and willingness to share here and elsewhere, and I will miss your contributions. On the other hand, I am sorry that you feel bad coming here and I would never hope that for anybody. Guess I'll just have to read your posts in other forums :)

annotated_alice
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2010, 8:31 pm

CockneyRebel, I always appreciate your perspective and opinions here. :) But agree that you should do what makes you feel comfortable.

Happynolucky
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Jun 2010, 11:47 pm

emandryu wrote:
I absolutely would love to hear from those who want to interact with non-AS persons.... how else will we know? It does no good for me to ask questions of others who may not have the answer any better than I do. For example....I am not bothered by light, so how would I even THINK that the type of light in his room aggravates him?

Ummm i dont know everything but id stay away from open bulbs(always have a shade) and quiet bulbs are nice! I found some 13 w compact lights that give off a bunch of light and make less sound then my laptop.

redwulf25_ci
Toucan
Toucan

06 Jun 2010, 11:54 pm

I agree with the other posters and would even go so far as to say I find a rebellious attitude a necessary counterpoint to some issues raised here. Fortunately if you insist on leaving I to can take that role.

DaWalker
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2010, 12:13 am

"I won't be visiting the parenting forum, anymore".

Me Neither...I can't even properly parent my inner-child. :?

Be nice to see yeah where you feel that you belong though. :D

Seriously, less serious, is seriously a more serious concern for all. :arrow: