Are you obsessive about getting ready?

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2010, 7:49 am

It's nearly 9AM and the first showing of Toy Story 3 is 2PM so I'm like come on lets get ready and get shopping done so we can maybe go see it later. (Super excited!) Mom says don't spaz! If you're going to be like that we wont go you can stay home. I was like oh. I'm always obsessive like that with an interest. I'm SUPER EXCITED to hopefully go see Toy Story 3 this afternoon I hope we can go!! !! ! :-) So now I'm kind of discouraged because everytime my super excited behavior is put down and I view it as bad so now I'm upset in a way and NOT in a good mood and they wonder why I'm depressed etc. I TRY good mood/happy/excitement but they don't like it so I don't know how the hell to behave!! !!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2010, 8:27 am

Your mum seems very insensitive to me.

MONIQUEIJ
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2010, 8:33 am

yes i have to be some where at 9 i will wake up at 4am

kx250rider
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

18 Jun 2010, 8:56 am

I'm always ready ahead of time, if I have control of the situation. But when others are involved, good manners and patience usually make me late :?

Charles

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2010, 9:24 am

I apologize for what I said, about your mother. :oops:

Wedge
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2010, 10:40 am

I always watch "The Universe" on History Channel at 8 pm and then at 9 pm (two straight episodes one after another!) on Wednesday. This week I also watched the reprise of the two episodes on Thursday!

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2010, 1:28 pm

Yes, I always wake up at least an hour and half if I have anywhere to be. I'm always at work at least a half hour early, too.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2010, 5:55 pm

I like to have an hour and a half, before I get ready for work, in the morning.

Dots
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2010, 6:14 pm

I know how it feels to get really excited about something and then someone gets mad at you for it and then you just feel like there's a damper on it all. I used to get excited when I was a kid, and it would make my mom mad at me and it always sucked.

I'm always ready early. When my sister says "I'll leave at 3" that usually means "3:30" which I will never understand. If I say I'm leaving at 3, I'm leaving at 3.

Free speech means the right to shout 'theatre' in a crowded fire.
--Abbie Hoffman

Wobbuffet
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Jun 2010, 6:40 pm

Dots wrote:
I'm always ready early. When my sister says "I'll leave at 3" that usually means "3:30" which I will never understand. If I say I'm leaving at 3, I'm leaving at 3.

Ahhhh yeah! That drives me mad!

My best friend always used to do that. We'd agree to meet at 8 (for example), then he'd text me at 8:45 and say "Just leaving, there soon". So I'd just be left hanging around, on edge for an hour wondering if he was actually going to show up at all.

I don't really get excited for anything...

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2010, 6:52 pm

Not really, I'm technically the opposite, I would prefer to take my time and I wouldn't really be over excited unless it was a special event of something of my interest, then I would go early and would be prepared at the quickest I could be.

But normally, it just makes me forget things though most of the times. :$

book_noodles
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2010, 7:50 pm

I get sooo excited for the Harry Potter movies. When the first one came out, I made my dad take me to the theater at 7 AM to see the 9 AM showing but it was the FIRST showing of it ... :heart: Then he refused to take me early to the HP movies after that. I must have misbehaved without knowing? I desperately want to see the midnight showing but I can't find anyone to take me :cry:
... Anyway, I like to get ready and leave early. It used to be that my parents couldn't get me out the door for school because I hated it so much. Now that I have someone to look forward to seeing, I can't get THEM out the door fast enough. I hop up and down in front of the door holding their keys, begging them to HURRY UP DAMMIT. I kind of feel like a dog or something in those moments.

Pseudonymous
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Jun 2010, 8:08 pm

I tend not to get excited or stressed. But I can relate on advanced planning and wanting to stick to that plan. And I strongly dislike it when people "wing it" and show up or leave at a different time from what they specified. I suppose I do experience urgency and agitation when that happens.

And I hope you got to see the movie.

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2010, 8:31 pm

No we're planning to go see it tomorrow. :-) So excited YA!