Does anyone relate to this?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

samtoo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2010, 11:24 am

I think that the way other people do things can bring my mood down.
For instance - someone opening and closing a door rather heavily, people sort of sighing and being insensitive to me even once during the day.
Little sounds that others do - the door thing slightly heavier than me, eating a little heavier, and things like that.
This can be a problem to my motivation and feelings of well being.
Does anyone know this, and does anyone know how to deal with this kind of thing?

Thomas246
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Aug 2010, 1:35 pm

It's quite common people find somethings more irritating than others, your probability thinking about it too much.

conundrum
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2010, 2:31 pm

I know what you mean. It's more than just being "irritated" by it, though--it's like these actions convey their moods and I pick up on them. Maybe I feel that they're subconsciously "dumping" their bad feelings on me, and I feel it too much.

I've been trying not to let it affect me as much. Unfortunately, sometimes the only mental defense I can muster is to get angry right back, which creates its own problems.

Try thinking "Well, that person's having a bad day, but it has nothing to do with me." I'll give that a try too and see if it actually helps.

Take care. :)

so that the people say,
'It happened of its own accord.' -Tao Te Ching, Verse 17

frag
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2010, 5:44 pm

There was a sort of door salesman here that wanted to upgrade my Internet. It was probably a good offer but I still wanted to think about it. He had already sat down at my table and he just wouldn't leave! He started ridiculing me like that would make me switch. I said no so many times he finally left but him insisting really made me feel sick and violated. I almost had to spell out LEAVE MY HOME! Insane. I know salesmen can be like this, still I feel stupid, stressed, panicky and sick.

That sure messed up my mood for the rest of today.

And can be other things too, smaller seemingly thins.. Just has to be the "right" trigger for the time...

monsterland
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2010, 5:46 pm

samtoo wrote:
I think that the way other people do things can bring my mood down.
For instance - someone opening and closing a door rather heavily, people sort of sighing and being insensitive to me even once during the day.
Little sounds that others do - the door thing slightly heavier than me, eating a little heavier, and things like that.
This can be a problem to my motivation and feelings of well being.
Does anyone know this, and does anyone know how to deal with this kind of thing?

We will always find reality dense. However we can improve our shields, to at least eliminate being affected by "little things" such as someone's presence in the room.

I used to have big problems with random people being in the house because they weren't predictable, and I felt defenseless because I had zero ability to spontaneously deflect their attacks, which, to them, weren't attacks at all.

We need to not just "be a fly on the wall", in perceive-mode only. We need to project judgement just like NTs do. A healthy dose, no more, no less. It is like an immune system.