Page 1 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Loquillo
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Aug 2010, 8:27 pm

Hi Everybody ! !!
One thing I really hate (from me) is: when I see a woman I like, I use to watch her eyes.
But when She realizes I'm watching her, and she looks at me, I feel, like fear, and move my gaze away.
Someone could tell me what should I do if I like the woman ?
I guess I should keep seeing her eyes, is there anything else ?

Bluefins
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2010, 8:39 pm

That's flirting?

I get the same with men. :?

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2010, 9:46 pm

Maybe say hello or smile lightly :?

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2010, 9:49 pm

wave. :D

Loquillo
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Aug 2010, 11:33 pm

Well, I should write "Approach" instead of "Flirt" :-)

billsmithglendale
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2010, 1:57 pm

Google "SIRC Guide to Flirting" and read that, great info on eye contact there. What you are experiencing is normal.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2010, 7:27 pm

Loquillo wrote:
Hi Everybody ! !!
One thing I really hate (from me) is: when I see a woman I like, I use to watch her eyes.
But when She realizes I'm watching her, and she looks at me, I feel, like fear, and move my gaze away.

i was always the same way. the more attractive i would find someone, the less eye contact i was capable of.

Bluefins
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2010, 12:56 am

billsmithglendale wrote:
Google "SIRC Guide to Flirting" and read that, great info on eye contact there. What you are experiencing is normal.

Link: http://www.sirc.org/publik/flirt.html

Great find!

PHISHA51
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Aug 2010, 8:51 pm

When you say hi to her, smile and look excited.
Compliments. Girls like it, but don't give it to her too often.
You can also start a conversation with her. Ask her what her favorite band is, and if you have no more to stay, try to bring up another conversation.
Note: Don't always talk about what you like, your interest or hobbies, always focus on her interest, hobbies etc and be a good listener.
You don't have to take my word for this, but I hope this helps.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2010, 8:53 pm

PHISHA51 wrote:
When you say hi to her, smile and look excited.
Compliments. Girls like it, but don't give it to her too often.
You can also start a conversation with her. Ask her what her favorite band is, and if you have no more to stay, try to bring up another conversation.
Note: Don't always talk about what you like, your interest or hobbies, always focus on her interest, hobbies etc and be a good listener.
You don't have to take my word for this, but I hope this helps.

And when you do compliment her, don't lay it on too thick. Girls will think you're trying to hard or that you have an ulterior motive. Also, "I like your shoes" can be interpreted as "wanna f**k?" I don't know why but that's what my friends have told me. :lol:

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2010, 1:30 am

Erisad wrote:

I must confess even though it sounds like a joke thats what I bassically do most of the time.

Most females stop watching me once I have done this, but from time to time I´m approached by a lady because they took the waving thing as a sign that I was also interested in meeting them.

GoatOnFire
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2010, 2:41 am

There might be some cultural differences as to how this should be approached or interpreted.

Speaking of cultural differences...

Erisad wrote:
Also, "I like your shoes" can be interpreted as "wanna f**k?" I don't know why but that's what my friends have told me. :lol:

That's not how that would be interpreted here. That would be interpreted as "I wanna f**k men, you're a chick so I'm not interested in you romantically, but those shoes are faaaaaaaaaaaabulous! So I want to know where you got them."

Something about how straight guys are not supposed to notice how nice a pair of shoes is.

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2010, 2:57 am

GoatOnFire wrote:
There might be some cultural differences as to how this should be approached or interpreted.

Erisad wrote:
Also, "I like your shoes" can be interpreted as "wanna f**k?" I don't know why but that's what my friends have told me. :lol:

That's not how that would be interpreted here. That would be interpreted as "I wanna f**k men, you're a chick so I'm not interested in you romantically, but those shoes are faaaaaaaaaaaabulous! So I want to know where you got them."

Something about how straight guys are not supposed to notice how nice a pair of shoes is.

There was a joke about that on samantha who and I loved it.

I think it was about a vintage bag.

Main character was starting to think that her best friend boyfriend was gay and this confirmed it

repeat what you just said
I said I like her bag
He didnt say he liked my bag he said he loved my vintage.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2010, 6:58 am

spongy wrote:
Erisad wrote:

I must confess even though it sounds like a joke thats what I bassically do most of the time.

Most females stop watching me once I have done this, but from time to time I´m approached by a lady because they took the waving thing as a sign that I was also interested in meeting them.

Yaaaaaaaaay, I'm right! *confetti*

I dunno, I remember a friend of my ex picked up a girl with the line, "Nice shoes, wanna f**k?" And it worked. 8O

Surya
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Aug 2010, 7:09 am

GoatOnFire wrote:

Erisad wrote:

No.. there was a post that brought up this whole shoe thing..
Erisad.. you don't read those 'women' magazines do you? the one that was posted here.. I looked at
was from one of those.. think it was a guy that posted it..

I personally think its f*cked up..
and someone is playing a very mean game of confusing people..

It was - guy likes your shoes = he is interested in you..

I am used to - guy likes your shoes = he would be interested in my roomie..

HopefulRomantic
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Aug 2010, 7:31 am

Loquillo wrote:
Hi Everybody ! !!

People don't read minds. If there is a gal you want to get to know, the only way she is going to know of your interest is if you demonstrate it to her in some crystal clear way. I would suggest developing your own approach that makes you feel comfortable.

End of the day if you approach a gal with respect and she does not bite off on your bait - please consider it to be her loss.

Just my thoughts!

LL