Page 1 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Guitar_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2010, 3:34 pm

Do you ever feel like your the only one -even including out of all aspies- with a certain trait?
I doubt this, but does anyone else think this too?
Since I was really little, I have always found the letters of the alphabet either masculine (M), feminine (F), or neuter (N).
A: F
B: M
C: F
D: M
E: M
F: M
G: F
H: F
I: M
J: N
K: F
L: F
M: M
N: F
O: M
P: F
Q: F
R: M
S: F
T: M
U: M
V: F
W: F
X: N
Y: F
Z: N

Please share your stories of things you think your unique in!

j0sh
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2010, 3:46 pm

I haven't ever thought of letters as masculine or feminine. I do have a strong association between some numbers and letters though. The letter "S" and number "3" is the strongest. I'll often write 3 instead or S when I'm not concentrating.

Omnicognic
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2010, 3:57 pm

Perhaps on a subconcious level you associate the letters with the beginning letters of male, female or both/neither names?

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2010, 4:07 pm

By your system my first name has three male letters and three female letters. Neat.

Cassia
Toucan
Toucan

07 Oct 2010, 4:09 pm

That sounds like a type of synesthesia, or something similar.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ordinal_li ... nification

Do letters have personalities for you, or just genders? Do numbers have genders for you?

Now convinced that I'm a bit autistic, but still unsure if I'd qualify for a diagnosis, since it causes me few problems. Apparently people who are familiar with the autism spectrum can readily spot that I'm a bit autistic, though.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2010, 4:15 pm

Guitar_Girl wrote:
Do you ever feel like your the only one -even including out of all aspies- with a certain trait?
I doubt this, but does anyone else think this too?
Since I was really little, I have always found the letters of the alphabet either masculine (M), feminine (F), or neuter (N).
A: F
B: M
C: F
D: M
E: M
F: M
G: F
H: F
I: M
J: N
K: F
L: F
M: M
N: F
O: M
P: F
Q: F
R: M
S: F
T: M
U: M
V: F
W: F
X: N
Y: F
Z: N

Please share your stories of things you think your unique in!

I think this is synaesthesia.

signed MFMF

Guitar_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2010, 4:32 pm

I don't know why Im like that with the letters. I think its because of all the sounds they make.
I like this to numbers too. For the most part, even numbers are feminine and odds are masculine. 7 is the most interesting, by itsself is masculine. 17, 27, 47, 67, 87, 97 are feminine.(37, 57, and 77 are neuter, exceptions) It "feminizes" numbers. 3 is also interesting, by itsself, it is masculine.
33, 53, 73 are masculine. 13, 23, 43, 63 are neuter. 3 "neuters" numbers, with few exceptions. (83 or 93, because numbers beginning with 8 or 9 are feminized.) Any number with 3 or more digits that begin with 3 are masculine.
Am interesting property of 7?
For numbers 3+digits
an even amount of 7 is feminine, an odd amount is masculine. (exception, ANY numbers beginning with "17" are FEMININE. such as 170 000, 174, 965.....

Guitar_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2010, 4:35 pm

I do have synaethesia. Even certain sounds are genders. I also very slightly hear or smell things that arent there.

Sparrowrose
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2010, 4:50 pm

I have a synaesthesia that appears to be unusual (I've posted about it here before) in that while I have mild prosopagnosia, people's faces have smells to me (but only if the face is moving as in on video or in person. Not in photographs.) It doesn't seem to help me recognize faces any better because several faces can have the same smell so I still recognize people by hair, voice, clothing, being in the place I expect them to be, etc. But it can make some people difficult for me to look at or be around if the smell of their face is unpleasant to me.

Avatar=WWI propaganda poster promoting victory gardens.

mikey1138
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

07 Oct 2010, 4:56 pm

I find it funny that F:M

catherineconns
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Oct 2010, 4:59 pm

When I think of numbers 1-10 they each have their own color, mostly lighter shades or pastels, but 5 is always bright red. Once I get past 10 the numbers have similar coloring to their single-digit counterparts (ie 16 is close to 6 in color) but the colors get deeper and more vivid the higher they are. But 15, 25, 35, etc are always the same bright red.

Guitar_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2010, 4:59 pm

Cassia wrote:
That sounds like a type of synesthesia, or something similar.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ordinal_li ... nification

Do letters have personalities for you, or just genders? Do numbers have genders for you?

They have very subtle personalities.
Yes, numbers have genders.

Guitar_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2010, 5:01 pm

mikey1138 wrote:
I find it funny that F:M

Why?

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2010, 5:04 pm

I'm not sure if I have that particular type of synaesthesia, because to me the whole alphabet is a masculine thing! Got other kinds of syn though. It seems to occur more often than would be expected by chance in those with AS.

Your choice of thread title is interesting - if an AS trait is unique, it's probably not as AS trait! :)

Having said that, I've only recently started exploring the possibility that I have AS, and there are a number of "traits" I have that I still wonder about, as to whether they are part of AS or not, because I haven't found them mentioned here or in the books/articles I have read.

Guitar_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2010, 6:31 pm

catherineconns wrote:
When I think of numbers 1-10 they each have their own color, mostly lighter shades or pastels, but 5 is always bright red. Once I get past 10 the numbers have similar coloring to their single-digit counterparts (ie 16 is close to 6 in color) but the colors get deeper and more vivid the higher they are. But 15, 25, 35, etc are always the same bright red.

What are colors of other numbers? What about 3s and 7s?

Guitar_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2010, 6:33 pm

Sparrowrose wrote:
I have a synaesthesia that appears to be unusual (I've posted about it here before) in that while I have mild prosopagnosia, people's faces have smells to me (but only if the face is moving as in on video or in person. Not in photographs.) It doesn't seem to help me recognize faces any better because several faces can have the same smell so I still recognize people by hair, voice, clothing, being in the place I expect them to be, etc. But it can make some people difficult for me to look at or be around if the smell of their face is unpleasant to me.

I have something a little like that too. Peoples faces remind me of subtle smells....