Do I have schizophrenia?

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Ackman
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2010, 5:24 pm

I feel as though I've been going into this little world more and more as time goes by. I'm hoping I don't. I don't want to end up in an institution, god I'd die if I were in there.

ayra
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

Location: My invented world, ie Kalia (kuh-lee-uh) or just stuck in Texas rollercoaster weather

11 Oct 2010, 5:40 pm

I cannot answer your question, but that is what happens to me. I will find myself in my own little world which I control and change every now and then rather than focusing on schoolwork. I also will drift off while driving, though it usually does not affect my driving skills. If I am interrupted while deep in my thoughts, I get upset and/or mad at the intruder.

My cat is the only one lately to try and distract me from this world.

Ackman
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2010, 11:09 pm

I'm calling someone tomorrow.

liveandletdie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2010, 11:20 pm

If you can look at this "other world" and decipher it between reality then I wouldn't worry about it..

if you cannot decipher....or don't remember going there or doing things then that's another story..

if it's not like another world but a voice in your head that isn't your own...mm...not sure about that one, others might have better advice on that.

Ackman
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2010, 7:36 am

liveandletdie wrote:
If you can look at this "other world" and decipher it between reality then I wouldn't worry about it..

if you cannot decipher....or don't remember going there or doing things then that's another story..

if it's not like another world but a voice in your head that isn't your own...mm...not sure about that one, others might have better advice on that.

But the thing is, I SEE them. I HEAR them. They don't tell me to do bad things, it's just mainly good things.

liveandletdie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2010, 1:07 pm

Ackman wrote:
liveandletdie wrote:

But the thing is, I SEE them. I HEAR them. They don't tell me to do bad things, it's just mainly good things.

Honestly in my opinion..if they are only telling you to do good things...I would leave it alone...when i was a kid I used to have a crazy voice that would tell me to do bad things. If they are telling you to do good things then why make it go away? If you see someone they are only going to want to make it go away...but maybe you just don't want it in your head either way...I never saw anyone for the voices...never told anyone but my aunt. They are rarely around anymore, just conversations in my head with myself is what I have now.

Sometimes when I am really stressed there is a screaming voice in my head usually telling me to do bad things or just yelling gibberish..does that make me crazy? I don't know...I don't think so because I know it's not real.

See them...hmm..what do they look like? And do you see them in your head or like right in front of you? I see imaginary stuff in my head all the time, though I have to attempt to make them in my head usually but not always.

Sorry to make you talk about this if you don't want to, read your other post about class and that sounds like a terrible thing to go through.

Seeing them right in front of you could be a problem, only time that has happened to me were when I saw ghosts when I was a kid and other such things.

Jookia
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Oct 2010, 1:28 pm

It's not normal, get it checked.

primaloath
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Oct 2010, 3:41 pm

How long have you been having these experiences?

If you get diagnosed with schizophrenia, you may find yourself saddled with extra difficulties in life, including prejudice from your peers and the loss of some of your rights. In your place, I would thoroughly research the issue before contacting anyone. The only "treatments" for schizophrenia are neuroleptics that induce a whole range of nasty effects, some of which are permanent.

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2010, 4:14 pm

Ackman wrote:

What kinds of things, if I may ask?

My experiences like that are not as truly audible or as visible as you seem to be describing, but I can assure you they have no power over you unless you willingly give them some. So, and even though their continued presence certainly can become troublesome, I just tend to hear and view them as mere entertainment not to be taken seriously.

saylor
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Oct 2010, 4:19 pm

you go to your own little world to get away from the other, sometimes known as day dreaming I do that

Ackman
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2010, 5:07 pm

leejosepho wrote:
Ackman wrote:

My experiences like that are not as truly audible or as visible as you seem to be describing, but I can assure you they have no power over you unless you willingly give them some. So, and even though their continued presence certainly can become troublesome, I just tend to hear and view them as mere entertainment not to be taken seriously.

For example, when i'm sitting in class, I'll hear them talking to me. The admiral talks to me during the day and at night, it's mainly the women. I see people in suits all the time walking around campus and everything it seems turns to grey, like a black and white film or photo. The only "bad" voice, is Thaddeus Brownell. Thaddeus tells me that I must do things(including bad ones) in order to achieve glory and fame. I don't listen to him, because even though he was my commanding officer during the war, he retired, and now I call the shots.

This all started back in 1994, when my parents divorced. I would just talk to them for hours on end. Sam Bukater was the first one to show up, and then the rest. I saw Sam as a tough guy. I have pictures of them that I drew from way back then. All of the admiral's family is there. We had a fight back a few years ago because he stole my wife. I couldn't get over it.(When this happened, it was roughly 1997.) I "turned" my back on them in 2000, after I thought would be a peaceful time. I took them back into my life after my grandmother died in 2007(I remember being in the cemetery and collapsing into a fit of tears and wanting them back, calling all of their names.) They have since come back, and they're fully entrenched. I tried to turn my back on them again, but I cannot do it. They call me their friend. It's really bothering me.

Now you know why I draw those people. I feel the need to draw them, to let come out and see the world. I'm trying really hard to use this for good. Writing a musical and a movie in all.

saylor
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Oct 2010, 5:15 pm

Ackman wrote:
leejosepho wrote:
Ackman wrote:

For example, when i'm sitting in class, I'll hear them talking to me. The admiral talks to me during the day and at night, it's mainly the women. I see people in suits all the time walking around campus and everything it seems turns to grey, like a black and white film or photo. The only "bad" voice, is Thaddeus Brownell. Thaddeus tells me that I must do things(including bad ones) in order to achieve glory and fame. I don't listen to him, because even though he was my commanding officer during the war, he retired, and now I call the shots.

This all started back in 1994, when my parents divorced. I would just talk to them for hours on end. Sam Bukater was the first one to show up, and then the rest. I saw Sam as a tough guy. I have pictures of them that I drew from way back then. All of the admiral's family is there. We had a fight back a few years ago because he stole my wife. I couldn't get over it.(When this happened, it was roughly 1997.) I "turned" my back on them in 2000, after I thought would be a peaceful time. I took them back into my life after my grandmother died in 2007(I remember being in the cemetery and collapsing into a fit of tears and wanting them back, calling all of their names.) They have since come back, and they're fully entrenched. I tried to turn my back on them again, but I cannot do it. They call me their friend. It's really bothering me.

Now you know why I draw those people. I feel the need to draw them, to let come out and see the world. I'm trying really hard to use this for good. Writing a musical and a movie in all.

Lets set one thing straight I am not a licensed doc or anything just a depressed suicidal aspie:

so started when parents split? You made a lil world to cope with the pain of your parents spliting, believe it or not your under control of yourself. They are imaginary characters that you've created to help you deal with the stress, when my grandmother died when I was little I had one that would follow me to school and back but I knew wasn't real it was all in my head.

Your not crazy your only considered crazy when you believe they are actually real

Ackman
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2010, 5:27 pm

saylor wrote:
Ackman wrote:
leejosepho wrote:
Ackman wrote:

Lets set one thing straight I am not a licensed doc or anything just a depressed suicidal aspie:

so started when parents split? You made a lil world to cope with the pain of your parents spliting, believe it or not your under control of yourself. They are imaginary characters that you've created to help you deal with the stress, when my grandmother died when I was little I had one that would follow me to school and back but I knew wasn't real it was all in my head.

Your not crazy your only considered crazy when you believe they are actually real

But it's like I can feel them and have total conversations with them.

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2010, 5:29 pm

Ackman wrote:
The only "bad" voice ... tells me that I must do things (including bad ones) in order to achieve glory and fame. I don't listen to him, because ...

... because it is speaking lies. I tell things like that to get the f-ck away from me ... and I have *never* compromised on that, and they have all eventually left and never returned.

Ackman wrote:
... back in 1994 ... I would just talk to them for hours on end ...
I took them back into my life after my grandmother died ...
They have since come back, and they're fully entrenched.

Not really. That is just an illusion they are hoping you will believe.

Ackman wrote:
They call me their friend. It's really bothering me.

As you already know, anything or anyone so bothersome is no friend.

Ackman wrote:
I feel the need to draw them, to let come out and see the world. I'm trying really hard to use this for good. Writing a musical and a movie in all.

So then, do that! Tell the story of the young man who first met them as you did, and keep us posted as that story develops.

Ackman
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2010, 5:38 pm

leejosepho wrote:
Ackman wrote:
The only "bad" voice ... tells me that I must do things (including bad ones) in order to achieve glory and fame. I don't listen to him, because ...

... because it is speaking lies. I tell things like that to get the f-ck away from me ... and I have *never* compromised on that, and they have all eventually left and never returned.
Ackman wrote:
... back in 1994 ... I would just talk to them for hours on end ...
I took them back into my life after my grandmother died ...
They have since come back, and they're fully entrenched.

Not really. That is just an illusion they are hoping you will believe.

Ackman wrote:
They call me their friend. It's really bothering me.

As you already know, anything or anyone so bothersome is no friend.

Ackman wrote:
I feel the need to draw them, to let come out and see the world. I'm trying really hard to use this for good. Writing a musical and a movie in all.

So then, do that! Tell the story of the young man who first met them as you did, and keep us posted as that story develops.

Thaddeus "owned" me for a while. I was very very horrible. Even Nancy, my alter mother as domineering as she is couldn't sway me. It was as if Thaddeus made me do everything. After all, it was him and Nancy that sent me away into the military. I didn't want to become the general, but they made me do it.

saylor
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Oct 2010, 6:26 pm

Ackman wrote:
saylor wrote:
Ackman wrote:
leejosepho wrote:
Ackman wrote:

But it's like I can feel them and have total conversations with them.

. . . .
your controlling the conversations, these talks you have are your thoughts and your projecting them into lil figments