Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Yupa
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2010, 1:13 am

http://forums.ffonline.com/showthread.p ... 883&page=3

Scroll down

Quote:
Kefka Palazzo is born. His parents abandon him at an orphanage where Kefka is beaten physically. Kefka developes an autistic personality and withdraws from the world

He is really to tell the truth one of the few accurate representations of an autistic character I have seen in any media. I think that was part of the reason I could sort of relate to him.

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2010, 2:05 am

unsure, I thought that most or all people with autism are born that way rather than having become that way after being born.

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.

Simsam114
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

31 Oct 2010, 10:29 am

I'm not sure. All I know is that he's a crazy clown mofo. Like the Joker.

Yupa
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2010, 10:43 am

Woodpecker wrote:
unsure, I thought that most or all people with autism are born that way rather than having become that way after being born.

From some of my own observations and experience I think it's very possible that someone could develop an autistic personality.
At least, what could be mistaken for one by someone who didn't know what they'd been through.

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2010, 2:18 pm

I don't see Kefka as autist, he's just nut.

Yupa
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2010, 4:10 pm

Simsam114 wrote:
All I know is that he's a crazy clown mofo.

So, in other words, autistic.

yogi
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

31 Oct 2010, 7:28 pm

I don't really see him as autistic... he's just a conceited little man that has a god complex... a funny villian to watch though

Fehndrix
Toucan
Toucan

01 Nov 2010, 1:19 am

You'd get mad too if there was sand in your boots. Never saw Kefka as an autistic guy.

Simsam114

01 Nov 2010, 11:26 am

Yupa wrote:
Simsam114 wrote:
All I know is that he's a crazy clown mofo.

So, in other words, autistic.

So every crazy guy is autistic? What kind of logic is that?

Fo-Rum
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Nov 2010, 6:24 pm

Yupa wrote:
http://forums.ffonline.com/showthread.php?t=48883&page=3

Scroll down

Quote:
Kefka Palazzo is born. His parents abandon him at an orphanage where Kefka is beaten physically. Kefka developes an autistic personality and withdraws from the world

He is really to tell the truth one of the few accurate representations of an autistic character I have seen in any media. I think that was part of the reason I could sort of relate to him.

How is he an accurate representation of an autistic person? The most they show of Kefka's personality is his cocky attitude, desire for power, and his willingness to murder entire communities for it.

Aside from being in a tower alone, I can't think of anything.

musicman2059
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Nov 2010, 4:33 am

Guess that explains why I tend to say "Son of a submariner!" at times when I feel the urge to curse where not appropriate. :P

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2010, 2:33 pm

i'm almost ashamed to be an aspie now, i hate that character with a passion.

kinftw
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Nov 2010, 12:13 am

I REALLY don't see Kefka as an Aspie. More of a psychopath to be honest.

Quote:
You'd get mad too if there was sand in your boots. Never saw Kefka as an autistic guy.

This made me laugh. :lol:

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2010, 9:07 pm

Kefka's crazy clown personality was actually a Woolseyism (Google is your friend); apparently, in the original japanese version, he was much more serious. I've never played the original japanese version of FFVI, but maybe Kefka was more autistic and less psycho in his original incarnation.

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2010, 9:08 pm

Crazy clowns sell better in America...so they probably pulled an Autism Speaks on him and took away his aspie powers.

MagnusArmstrong
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Nov 2010, 9:37 pm

I never saw him has very autistic personality at all more sociopathic and only someone who knows nothing about autism and a computer chair doctor who makes judgments on peoples behavior without actually knowing the person or having a pre judgment of anyone on the spectrum.Like the reactions you see on people like some the reactions my mom told me people gave her about my little brother who has autism and it kinda ticked me off because I see behavior in public like in supper markets from NT's that aren't from neurological disorder and just the kids a little punk. I would love to say why don't your criticize your own kids for their dickish childish and immature behavior but nitpick and b***h about someone who can't help it.Would classify that type of behavior has autistic like everyone judges us because supposed we have no empathy or are narcissistic I can say that I am one of the least narcissistic people in the world and I have loads of empathy and compassion for other people.