maybe god, good and evil does exist after all

Page 1 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

ivegotyou
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Nov 2010, 1:04 pm

im confused whether or not i should believe in darwin or god, but let me get to the point...

many months ago, i encountered a strange man who said that god is good and just have faith in him and he will take care of evil so everything will be alright.

ive met him several times since then, on the way to school the way to job, and even when i and my dad went grocery shopping where he just said; "god is good."

the most disturbing episode was when i met him on a bridge where he asked me to sit in his car.

when he disappeared, he (and i mean it) appeared again from behind, then he shook hands with me, and it took about 2 hours to get to the store and back, give me a break, it was so disturbing, like what the F***?!

maybe it was just a hallucination or something since im close to, if not psychotic, but i saw a man with a black cape in a car on the way to school once too, but maybe it was just the seat who resembled a long black coat.

maybe supernatural beings exist after all, i can confirm that i DID meet that guy on the bridge, i shook hands with him, i felt the medium warmth in his hand.

darwin is probably right, but after the things ive experienced, i dont really know what to believe, how the f*** would you react if you experienced something like that?

ivegotyou

09 Nov 2010, 1:09 pm

i dont want this to be known worldwide, as it could cause trouble, its best to keep a low profile about this.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2010, 1:22 pm

ivegotyou wrote:
im confused whether or not i should believe in darwin or god,

That's a false dichotomy. One is a mythic figure in various tribal lures that has continued to the present day through previous uses of force and modern day brainwashing techniques. Darwin was just a guy who came up with an effective scientific theory that has since been expounded upon and found legs in the community because the evidence fits his proposed hypothesis with small modifications and additions as more information is gathered.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2010, 1:27 pm

ivegotyou wrote:
many months ago, i encountered a strange man who said that god is good and just have faith in him and he will take care of evil so everything will be alright.

ive met him several times since then, on the way to school the way to job, and even when i and my dad went grocery shopping where he just said; "god is good."

the most disturbing episode was when i met him on a bridge where he asked me to sit in his car.

when he disappeared, he (and i mean it) appeared again from behind, then he shook hands with me, and it took about 2 hours to get to the store and back, give me a break, it was so disturbing, like what the F***?!

maybe it was just a hallucination or something since im close to, if not psychotic, but i saw a man with a black cape in a car on the way to school once too, but maybe it was just the seat who resembled a long black coat.

maybe supernatural beings exist after all, i can confirm that i DID meet that guy on the bridge, i shook hands with him, i felt the medium warmth in his hand.

darwin is probably right, but after the things ive experienced, i dont really know what to believe, how the f*** would you react if you experienced something like that?

Your description just shows the flaws of perception without thought. He "disappears" and then "reappears" behind you. That's a matter of perspective. I've "disappeared" from my friends before, too. I'm just good at being quiet and inconspicuous and to their perspective I had "disappeared" but they're not predisposed to think of me as someone with supernatural powers so they knew I had just walked off somewhere; though there was one time when they were really stoned that they thought I had somehow magically willed myself to disappear or whatever but I can assure you, I walked away and it was just a matter of perspective.

Your predisposition to go with a supernatural meaning clouds your ability to see what's happened. It's just creepy guy who walks around trying to convert people and preach.

And also, the whole "sit in his car" bit is really sketchy. Like, child molester sketchy. Seriously, don't be so gullible with strangers.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

Crimsonfield
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Nov 2010, 2:13 pm

ivegotyou wrote:
but i saw a man with a black cape in a car on the way to school once too, but maybe it was just the seat who resembled a long black coat.

Suspicious? Nah...

Seriously, avoid making contact with freaks like that. Next thing you'll know they'll take you to "Heaven" and later be found dead in a ditch.

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2010, 5:30 pm

Ok, first of all, I would like to say that I KNOW god exists.
Yes, people have told me in church that he does, and science can also show that he exist because all things denote the presence of a higher being. A more powerful creator. However, I did not get my faith from other people. I prayed about it, and the spirit testified. No, it was not a ghost or a creepy spirit, it was a warm feeling in my heart that I knew he existed and thats what people in my religion call the spirit.

Secondly, like someone else on this post said, DON'T BE GULLIBLE!! ! It is dangerous, and that guy was probably a creeper. If you want to know about a gospel or one of its doctrines, you can ask the members and they may know. However, the best thing is to go to an official representative of a church (like a missionary could answer your questions wayyyyyy better than I ever could).

Finally, that guy is probably a creeper. Stay away from him.

GOD DOES EXIST.
I know that this is true.

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2010, 5:47 pm

chrissyrun wrote:

You're mistaken.

Quote:
Yes, people have told me in church that he does

They're hardly going to claim the opposite.

Quote:
and science can also show that he exist because all things denote the presence of a higher being. A more powerful creator.

This you will need to elaborate on.

Quote:
However, I did not get my faith from other people.

Yes you did.

Quote:
I prayed about it, and the spirit testified.

You self-deluded.

Quote:
No, it was not a ghost or a creepy spirit, it was a warm feeling in my heart that I knew he existed and thats what people in my religion call the spirit.

No, that's you trying to convince yourself that self-delusion was in fact something else.

Quote:
Secondly, like someone else on this post said, DON'T BE GULLIBLE!! ! It is dangerous, and that guy was probably a creeper.

What exactly is a 'creeper'? Are you suggesting he is some form of vine?

Quote:
If you want to know about a gospel or one of its doctrines, you can ask the members and they may know. However, the best thing is to go to an official representative of a church (like a missionary could answer your questions wayyyyyy better than I ever could).

Adding more confusion is not going to aid the OP.

Quote:
Finally, that guy is probably a creeper. Stay away from him.

In case he's allergic to him?

Quote:
GOD DOES EXIST.

Your assertion lacks sound reasoning. God does not exist. Furthermore, if you wish to be scientific about it, the only way that one god could exist is if multiple gods existed.

Quote:
I know that this is true.

You know no such thing.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2010, 5:54 pm

You are not supposed to believe in Darwin.

Darwin did not start a religion. Has not created any dogma or anything. What Darwin did was describe the laws of nature that allow different species to happen. You don't have to believe in Newton to understand the theory of gravity.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2010, 7:30 pm

There is no such thing as evil. God is good so everything that happens is good. When God finally gets around to totally destroying humans the elephants, the whales and the chickens (who have a miserable time with humans) will thank the good Lord and start living decent lives again.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2010, 8:04 pm

chrissyrun wrote:

And I KNOW that the 9/11 attacks were a part of government plot by a black ops sect of the CIA with cooperation with select members of the Executive branch.
:D

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2010, 8:09 pm

skafather84 wrote:
chrissyrun wrote:

And I KNOW that the 9/11 attacks were a part of government plot by a black ops sect of the CIA with cooperation with select members of the Executive branch.

Are you being over clever and trying to take Bush and Cheney off the hook? There are witnesses that they made a deal with aliens and the twin towers were actually destroyed by a pair of flying saucers. (Driven by a pair of angels, of course)

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2010, 8:25 pm

Sand wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
chrissyrun wrote:

Are you being over clever and trying to take Bush and Cheney off the hook? There are witnesses that they made a deal with aliens and the twin towers were actually destroyed by a pair of flying saucers. (Driven by a pair of angels, of course)

Actually I have more just cause for a 9/11 theory than I do for a god theory. The ownership of Huffman Aviation has an off-the-record business relation with the government smuggling in drugs (assumedly, to fund black-ops CIA) and also has dealt directly with the Bush family in selling and buying planes between the two. The Bush family, of course, linked to the infamous Iran-Contra scandal in the Contra capacity with Ollie North (disgraced general, now employed with Fox News...scum begets scum, of course) and Barry Seal. For clarification, the Contra aspect was the importation of illicit drugs into the country to fund black-ops programs. Ollie was later pardoned by Bush and Seal was assassinated in his car before he was able to testify on record.

So...what's god got that's even close to that?

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2010, 8:38 pm

Sand wrote:
There is no such thing as evil. God is good so everything that happens is good. When God finally gets around to totally destroying humans the elephants, the whales and the chickens (who have a miserable time with humans) will thank the good Lord and start living decent lives again.

Some people do evil things so there is such a thing as evil. Evil is a property applicable to acts made by sentient and volitional beings.

Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of men? The Shadow do.

ruveyn

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2010, 8:41 pm

Darwin or god is a false dichomety as someone posted above. Many believe in both, many in neither.

But anyway- this creepy guy who sounds like a molestor or something- did he "disappear" right in front of your eyes? Or did he "disappear" when your back was turned, or what?

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2010, 8:47 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Darwin or god is a false dichomety as someone posted above. Many believe in both, many in neither.

But anyway- this creepy guy who sounds like a molestor or something- did he "disappear" right in front of your eyes? Or did he "disappear" when your back was turned, or what?

Darwin's theory is in no way a denial of the existence of god. What it is, is a denial of the literal interpretation of the Bible.

ruveyn

Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2010, 8:57 pm

I have also had an experience. I was an atheist before it occurred.

There is no good reason for some people in this forum to accuse this person of being deluded. In fact it runs counter to the rules of the forum.

Was not spoken of the soul.