Good looking+rich +aspie=buckloads of friends.

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ApsieGuy
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2010, 7:17 pm

Anyone agree with this?

Jediscraps
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2010, 7:25 pm

Seems like you'd only need the first two to have a bucket load of friends. Even just being rich could get you a lot of friends. I wouldn't want friends from having money though.

I've never wanted a bucket load of friends.

A couple of really good friends seems like the best scenario for me. I'm not really a people person.

ApsieGuy
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2010, 7:39 pm

Jediscraps wrote:
Seems like you'd only need the first two to have a bucket load of friends. Even just being rich could get you a lot of friends. I wouldn't want friends from having money though.

I've never wanted a bucket load of friends.

A couple of really good friends seems like the best scenario for me. I'm not really a people person.

Well, better to have some friends than NO friends.

I am a regular looking aspie with a bad job. I have no friends

Shadwell
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2010, 7:41 pm

Looks aren't worth that much when your socially awkward.

huntedman
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Nov 2010, 7:47 pm

I don't think your math adds up.

The first two can only help you get friends if you know how to use them. The expectations are probably different, but no less confusing.

SuperApsie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Nov 2010, 8:27 pm

... and the more money you have, the harder the difference between friends and freeloaders

Jediscraps
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2010, 8:40 pm

Quote:
Well, better to have some friends than NO friends. I am a regular looking aspie with a bad job. I have no friends

I don't agree with this. It very much depends on the quality of friends in my opinion. I don't know how to make friends either. I know one person outside of family. I once was around some people but was glad to get away from them when I did.

ApsieGuy
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2010, 8:44 pm

Jediscraps wrote:
Quote:
Well, better to have some friends than NO friends. I am a regular looking aspie with a bad job. I have no friends

I don't agree with this. It very much depends on the quality of friends in my opinion. I don't know how to make friends either. I know one person outside of family. I once was around some people but was glad to get away from them when I did.

I guess I need to chill out man

Faidin
Raven
Raven

10 Nov 2010, 8:55 pm

Shadwell wrote:
Looks aren't worth that much when your socially awkward.

amen.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

10 Nov 2010, 9:16 pm

Uh. Hmm. you have everything, ask a rich person. despite what they say, money does make you happy! its been scientifically proven counting money makes you very well pleased. even
if you dont get to keep it

being pretty myself :wink: i can tell you that, yes. beauty is not in the eye of the beholder either. Being freaking beautiful rules!

People say garbage like that because they want to appear modest. and not better than anyone else. I wish they would stop saying it! :pig:

TiaMaria
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Nov 2010, 10:35 pm

SuperApsie wrote:
... and the more money you have, the harder the difference between friends and freeloaders

True.

Also, I am poor but I have tons of friends. And I doubt it's just because I'm good-looking. I think people who are confident in themselves attract others. People who are insecure do not. It has little to do with being Aspie, rich, attractive, etc. I used to not have any friends, back when I didn't even want to be near myself.

Corp900
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Nov 2010, 10:37 pm

F I C T I O N

kinftw
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Nov 2010, 11:48 pm

Quote:
Good looking+rich +aspie=buckloads of friends.

Wouldn't be true friends to be honest.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2010, 12:00 am

ApsieGuy wrote:
Anyone agree with this?

No. There is nothing that correlates number of friends to material wealth. I think you just have the perception that good looks and money will solve your problems, but lack thereof is not the root of your problem, poor social skills are, and so having good looks and money won't actually solve your problem. Though obtaining these things in light of your misconceptions may improve your social situation by giving you more confidence and prompting you to socialize when you otherwise may not have.

ApsieGuy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2010, 12:08 am

Chronos wrote:
ApsieGuy wrote:
Anyone agree with this?

No. There is nothing that correlates number of friends to material wealth. I think you just have the perception that good looks and money will solve your problems, but lack thereof is not the root of your problem, poor social skills are, and so having good looks and money won't actually solve your problem. Though obtaining these things in light of your misconceptions may improve your social situation by giving you more confidence and prompting you to socialize when you otherwise may not have.

Obtaining these things would give you more opportunity to socialize. :D :D :D

It's kind of like dating. However, if you are socially awkward....but have good looks and money your still screwed

DeadpanDan
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Nov 2010, 2:22 am

ApsieGuy wrote:
Well, better to have some friends than NO friends.

Speak for yourself.