How do I deal with a boring girl? Edited

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Rezdis
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Nov 2010, 9:30 am

So about three weeks ago a girl I have been friends with for four years ask me if I wanted to start a relationship with her and I said ‘yes’.
After I agreed we hung out the whole day and three days later we spent another day together. Sense then I haven’t seen her and have only been able to speak to her a few times over the computer.
I am bored out of my mind. I see and talk to my casual friends more than her. I can’t just dump her after knowing her that long and I’m not sure I can fix this with an e mail. I really don’t know how to handle this. Any advise ?

*Edit: I did just get a text from her saying she misses me and wants to see me this week so I don't think she is trying to ignore me.

Last edited by Rezdis on 17 Nov 2010, 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2010, 11:10 am

To me...now, I'm just a nobody...but to me, it looks like she already dumped you. Sorry. :oops:

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2010, 11:40 am

A boring girl doesn't auger well.

It doesn't matter how long you've known her, just tell her you think you're not suitable as a couple, and you want to see other people. I assume that's what you're thinking, anyway. Otherwise I don't get why it matters.

MotherKnowsBest
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2010, 1:01 pm

Perhaps you're the boring one and that's why she couldn't be bothered to put the effort into entertaining you. Just saying.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2010, 1:44 pm

sounds like a good learning experience. maybe you had an expectation that the two of you would have exciting times together once you were dating? but it turned out nothing changed?

because she must have seemed boring to you before you started dating her.... after all, you knew her for 4 years already... i doubt that she suddenly became more boring.

it would probably be a good idea to break up with her.

Cicely
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2010, 2:24 pm

If it's not working, it's not working. Better to break up and try to salvage the friendship.

nthach
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2010, 4:06 pm

I would call it off and try to see her as a friend again. If it doesn't, it doesn't.

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2010, 4:08 pm

Call it off.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2010, 6:30 pm

MotherKnowsBest wrote:
Perhaps you're the boring one and that's why she couldn't be bothered to put the effort into entertaining you. Just saying.

:lol: OMG!! ! I couldn't help but LOL at your reply especially with your name being "Mother Knows Best" Thank you!! ! I needed a good belly-laugh!!

Mindslave
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2010, 9:12 pm

Well, seeing the title of the thread, I was going to suggest having sex with her...but it looks like that's never going to happen.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2010, 10:50 pm

Mindslave wrote:
Well, seeing the title of the thread, I was going to suggest having sex with her...but it looks like that's never going to happen.

Actually, me too!! !! lol

But yeah, like, if a girl is boring, take her to bed. I have a little bit of experience with all kinds of women, one particularly socially absent girl but had a very friendly and warm personality. I carried that girl through our entire relationship, meaning she preferred that we have a relationship on MY terms since, after all, she'd never had a boyfriend before. Poor girl! But since I pretty much determined the direction of our relationship, it was only as boring as I let it be.

So if we ever got bored, well... I'll say no more lest this get moved to the adult section.

On the other hand...

I also once dated a girl who was really sweet, but I always had to WORK to keep her interested. Since she kept me busy trying to impress her, I never had time to realize just how uninteresting she really was. When I figured that out, I thought, hmm, well, there's always ONE thing we can do that never gets dull.

Except...

It's not exactly a whole lot of fun when all someone does is lay there like a dead fish.

Moral of the story--while it's amusing to do fun things with a boring girl, don't always assume that will be the case!! !

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2010, 5:15 am

Rezdis wrote:
So about three weeks ago a girl I have been friends with for four years ask me if I wanted to start a relationship with her and I said ‘yes’.
After I agreed we hung out the whole day and three days later we spent another day together. Sense then I haven’t seen her and have only been able to speak to her a few times over the computer.
I am bored out of my mind. I see and talk to my casual friends more than her. I can’t just dump her after knowing her that long and I’m not sure I can fix this with an e mail. I really don’t know how to handle this. Any advise ?

Tell her "you know, I think we make better friends,"

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2010, 9:47 am

Rezdis wrote:
*Edit: I did just get a text from her saying she misses me and wants to see me this week so I don't think she is trying to ignore me.

if you have a chance to see her in person then that would be a good chance to break up with her. in person is always better than texting, especially if you want to preserve your friendship. if you are positive the chemistry doesn't exist for you then it is probably a good idea to break up with her... it is cruel to both of you drag it on.