Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Maladroit
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Jan 2011, 4:44 pm

Hello folks, I am Maladroit.
I am a big fan of a band known as WEEZER.

I don't approve of all this hating on Weezer's new works.
EVERYTHING THEY MAKE IS AWESOME.

Now I have made my points clear, who here also likes Weezer? I discovered them about three years ago, and have never stopped loving them! Rivers Cuomo is a musical genius (wouldn't it be great if he was an aspie? But no.) and his backing band of Brian Bell, Scott Shriner and Patrick Wilson are the single greatest alternative band I've ever heard.

(I also like Linkin Park and Red Hot Chili Peppers, but not nearly as much as the awesome geek anthems of Weezer.)

Any other fans here?

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

10 Jan 2011, 11:51 am

I'm a Weezer fan but I don't think anyone who seen a lot of my music post would be surprised by this even thou I don't think I mentioned em before on WP. I like their older stuff better but that may be cuz I've heard it more on the radio & stuff; the newer stuff doesn't get played as much & there's more song parodies of the older stuff than the new. My cousin used to have a poster of em on her ceiling over her bed 8O I'm not really a fan of the Red Hot Chili Peppers. I do like Linkin Park but I don't listen to em much now because my taste in music changed.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Maladroit

11 Jan 2011, 3:19 pm

nick007 wrote:
I'm a Weezer fan but I don't think anyone who seen a lot of my music post would be surprised by this even thou I don't think I mentioned em before on WP. I like their older stuff better but that may be cuz I've heard it more on the radio & stuff; the newer stuff doesn't get played as much & there's more song parodies of the older stuff than the new. My cousin used to have a poster of em on her ceiling over her bed 8O I'm not really a fan of the Red Hot Chili Peppers. I do like Linkin Park but I don't listen to em much now because my taste in music changed.

Excellent. Now we must wait for more people. We can discuss Weezer to no length!

God this will be awkward for a while.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2011, 8:00 pm

Their song Beverly Hills on Radio Disney Jams 9. No Weezer songs belong on those Disney CDs; it doesn't make sense~ http://www.amazon.com/Radio-Disney-Jams ... 8&sr=301-4

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2011, 12:05 am

I was checking a Miranda Cosgrove fan site & check this out

Quote:
Also, she somehow found time to record her follow-up musical project, an EP due out in March.

“I think with the new songs I want to mature and sound a little bit different than my last album,” Cosgrove said. “I try not to be completely different but it did change a little. I got to work with Rivers Cuomo from Weezer. We have a duet on the album called ‘High Maintenance.’ It’s kind of a funny, tongue-in-cheek song. It’s still pop and it sounds a little bit more Weezer. So that’s different. It’s rocking.”

source~ http://marvelous-miranda.com/

jamieboy
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2011, 11:28 pm

I love Weezer. Well the blue album and Pinkerton :D

Maxima
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Jan 2011, 6:14 pm

I love Weezer! :D My parents had tickets very close to the stage and V.I.P passes but they wouldn't bring me :( . I used to like Linkin Park too but I'm not such a big fan anymore, I do still love The Red Hot Chili Peppers though.

Jack94
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Jul 2012, 1:33 am

I LOVE weezer. I think Pinkerton is a masterpiece, by far their best work. Maladroit is a close second for me, followed by the green and blue albums. I don't care much for their other releases, and quite frankly, Hurley sucks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjy3XbxMW1A

goodiesguy

27 Jul 2012, 1:26 pm

I've got the Blue and Green albums. The Green album has about 2 or 3 tracks worth listening.

The Blue Album is great, with classics like "No One Else", "Buddy Holly (thanks windows 95. the video got me into "Happy Days" aswell), "Undone (The Sweater Song)", "In The Garage", "Say It Aint So" etc..

I wish the Blue Album would be decently mastered though, as it's very compressed, and slightly brickwalled, even more so for the Green album, so they make for a tough listen.

DoctorYikes

28 Jul 2012, 9:31 am

I get obsessive about El Scorcho.