Page 1 of 5 [ 72 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2011, 12:05 pm

Well it certainly has taken what has seemed like forever, but Duke Nukem Forever is finally getting a release, on May 3rd for the U.S, and a later May 6th for me :(. I played and absolutely loved the original Duke Nukem on Playstation as a kid, and Forever has barely slipped my mind at all over 13 years since it was announced!

It has moved through different developers and publishers, with lots of suing from companies and anger from the fans, because of promises not being made :twisted:. Gearbox Software are developing it now, and 2K Games publishing it (Correct me if I'm wrong; I'm confused by the whole lawsuit thing and companies and whatnot :?)

What was so awesome about Duke Nukem 3D (Buy it from the Xbox Live Marketplace :D) was it was just so fun, absolutely hilarious and so politically incorrect. His goal is to rid the world of aliens and save the babes :lol:. "I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum! ...But I'm all out of gum!" Yes, I was way too young to be playing it :roll: but its my brother's fault for showing me all these 18+ games.

So what's your opinions on the new Duke game, and / or the old ones?

The trailer (Rude, with strong language):
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVuuyRGB_BA[/youtube]

Giftorcurse
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2011, 12:28 pm

8) I'm getting some.

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2011, 1:51 pm

Oh great ! When I was a student I used to play a lot of Duke nukem. I would turn the sound off on the PC and then put on some gentle relaxing enya and then go and blast aliens. Oh what fun !

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.

darkstone100
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2011, 6:07 pm

It's a breath of fresh air, after being mired in brown and gritty "realistic" fps's for years now, it'll be fun to play a game full of wacky guns and face-palm inducing one-liners.

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2011, 9:55 pm

Do you mean Duke Nukem who's one of the Eco Villains? He's the scariest. Even more so than Blight, Greedly, Sludge, Skumm, and Plunder. I wouldn't even feel save around Nukem with a lead suit on. Imagine being hit by a blast of that radioactivity.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

Volkmire
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Jan 2011, 10:31 pm

This could be very good like the good old days. Will definitely get it.

Simsam114
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Jan 2011, 10:04 am

I still don't believe it. I'm pretty damn sure it will be postponed... again... and again.

Metalwolf
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2011, 7:51 pm

persian85033 wrote:
Do you mean Duke Nukem who's one of the Eco Villains? He's the scariest. Even more so than Blight, Greedly, Sludge, Skumm, and Plunder. I wouldn't even feel save around Nukem with a lead suit on. Imagine being hit by a blast of that radioactivity.
Same name, but differant guy. This Duke isn't radioactive, he is mostly a muscle-bound blond guy who wears RayBans and rescues alien-captured women. He also has a lot of clever one liners. 8)

Heck yeah! I have the game on pre-order, I can't wait to be blasting PigCops again :D

imallinson
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Jan 2011, 4:22 pm

My favourite quote has to be:
"I'm here to kick ass and chew gum, and I'm all out of gum"
This is originally (as far as I know) from the film They Live which is also awesome.
I'm really looking forward to DNF.

dunbots
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2011, 4:32 pm

"I've got balls of steel." :lol:

This game looks awesome, definitely getting it when it comes out. Hopefully the demo comes out soon so I can play it. 8)

By the way, it's "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum..." not "I'm here to kick ass and chew gum..."

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2011, 4:56 pm

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/ ... em-Forever

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2011, 11:58 pm

imallinson wrote:
My favourite quote has to be:
"I'm here to kick ass and chew gum, and I'm all out of gum"

An intersting thing is that the trailer has the line "He is all out if gum" without an explanation, they are obviously very aware of their fanbase.

One of the things I found kind of funny from the trailer is that some things have censors over them, especially a giant ugly monster that appears to have giant breasts hanging out, with Duke saying that he would dtill hit it.

The game trailer looks amazing, but the big question is if it's style will still be effective so many years later. But everyone had finally writen it off as never hapening, and it sudenly makes this appearance.

user1001
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Feb 2011, 8:21 pm

I think some youtube commentator named JosepVstalin is doing a Lets play on his website of the original game I think or mabye it was a diffrent game.

utherdoul
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Feb 2011, 8:46 pm

I remember playing it for hours on the PC when I was a kid. Pixelated boobs ftw. I swear if they screw this game up though there is going be blood on the floor. I'm not a rabid fan but there are alot of them out there.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2011, 10:29 pm

skafather84 wrote:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/1968-Viewers-Choice-Duke-Nukem-Forever

I loved that Zero Punctuation review, although that was at a time when Duke Nukem Forever was more like Duke Nukem Sometime Never.

As for Duke Nukem Forever itself? Well, it's not like I'm gonna get it myself, but I find it impressive that they're finally going to release it. One wonders how good it's going to be. The trailer I saw was impressive, if stuffed to the gills with more political incorrectness than a boxset of South Park.

On sabbatical...

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2011, 8:33 pm

I came across this hillarious video which has Borderland's Claptrap trying to help Duke with his PR.
[youtube][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HieAiwBburw[/youtube][/youtube]