Yes 20%  20%  [ 9 ]
No 30%  30%  [ 13 ]
No 30%  30%  [ 13 ]
Total votes : 44

asperger
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Jul 2006, 9:03 am

Do you like school? I love school and I don't like learning.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2006, 12:07 pm

I'm quite the opposite. I didn't mind learning, but hated the high school environment with a passion. College was much nicer, although nowhere near as friendly as the media makes it seem.

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2006, 12:55 pm

I have graduated, but yes, I liked school.

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2006, 2:46 pm

Aspie1 wrote:
I'm quite the opposite. I didn't mind learning, but hated the high school environment with a passion.

I must say I agree with Aspie1. I like learning new things, but I don't like the people at school. I'm dreading going back in a month.

Three years!

doordoctor
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2006, 10:44 am

i did when i went i graduated in 2002 and miss it soo much. the only think i do not miss however was beign accused of hydrualic fluid odor in hallways. that problem is now fixed after 2 years of complaining. what i did love was the layout of the building and dreams that i owned the place becuase of the high amount of hardware. lol i thought i had a "collection" of door closers lol that school it got to about 400+

Endersdragon
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2006, 1:57 pm

I agree with Aspie1 but I still find that I hate the college enviorment mainly because I have to live at the dorms which are loud and noisy!

Vote for me in 2020 :-D

sigholdaccountlost
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2006, 2:20 pm

Hmmm.....I think your poll should offer more options. What about people that liked school and the lessons n itself but hated going?

SolaCatella
Veteran
Veteran

Location: [insert creative, funny declaration of location here]

17 Jul 2006, 9:37 pm

LadyCass wrote:
Aspie1 wrote:
I'm quite the opposite. I didn't mind learning, but hated the high school environment with a passion.

I must say I agree with Aspie1. I like learning new things, but I don't like the people at school. I'm dreading going back in a month.

Ditto for me. Of course, I loved my old school in Kansas because I actually had friends. I'm looking forward to graduating.

Captain_Brown
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2006, 9:06 am

I like school, and learning. One of my intersets is homework.

Dave_19_Essex
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Jul 2006, 9:08 am

I went to a mainstream school and hated every minute of it due to constant bullying and knife threats at one point my mum wanted to remove me from the school but i told her i wanted to carry on there as it would make me a stronger person and it did :) i am now more confident then i was before and can stand up for myself when needed.

waterdogs
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2006, 10:22 pm

i hated school after kindergarten. obviously there was something wrong with me but the school was to lazy and over crowded so instead of getting down to the problem they just said i was emotionally handycapped with a learning disability. thats when the nitemare began and it didnt end untill i dropped out in the 11th grade.

Fooker
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Jul 2006, 7:59 pm

I hated school. I don't honestly see how people can enjoy it. They sit you in a desk thats too small and with a very uncomfortable chair, for 6 hours straight, with only a few breaks. They talk to you, drawing things on the board and overhead screen, making you read out loud, and all to often repeating things so many times you want to kill someone.

I'm an A student - or at least, I was, before I started skipping school, so I don't think grades have much to do with how much you like school.

I used to have counselling sessions with a child physchologist after school or at lunch times. It was supposed to be once every week, but of course, she put us off almost every week, and I think I only got one or two sessions. So of course, she never really did learn a damned thing about me, and I didn't get anything out of it. Aside from that, the school really did nothing for me - except give up on me. Allot of teachers didn't even bother reporting me as absent, the principals never phoned home, and no one even asked me about it after the first few times.

To be honest, I don't think its school that most people like me dislike, but rather its the way its done. To be nice and fair to the less intelectual kids, teachers go slow and repeat things. Ok, so why not have classes for each group of intellectual levels? Well, we've got IB and AP. Sorry, these two are pointless. Its just more work. I did it for one year, honestly we did nothing different, we just did it more times (longer worksheets and tests in the same time period). Ok, it teaches you how to go faster - but you still have a wide range of intellectual levels in the class, and the teachers still act the same.

Then they have the non-pure classes, ie applied classes. You have to practically fail a class (less than 60% final mark), to get into one of these classes, and in most cases, people retake or the teachers just bump them up to the pure classes.

Talk about defeating the purpose Why can't we have classes for people who's marks range from 0-50%, 50-75%, 75-90% and 90-100%? That way the teacher could go at the speed of the class, and avoid people zoning out?

</rant>
Fooker

waterdogs
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2006, 9:23 pm

Fooker wrote:
To be honest, I don't think its school that most people like me dislike, but rather its the way its done.
bingo. now there just starting to screen kids for disorders that they didn't in the past. if you where hyperactive and a disruptance, you where just labeld a trouble maker and told to put you nose in the corner for time out. now they call it add/adhd. i really wished i got the help i needed in school, because that way i'd figure as much i wouldn't be struggling so much in life, like i am now.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2006, 5:32 am

I chose yes because I liked to see the people, but I didn't like the work.

I also liked reading in the Library.

PrisonerSix
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2006, 11:33 am

Aspie1 wrote:
I'm quite the opposite. I didn't mind learning, but hated the high school environment with a passion. College was much nicer, although nowhere near as friendly as the media makes it seem.

My sentiments exactly. I liked learning about things, but didn't like the enviornment in which I had to learn. The school enviornment was very hard for me, mainly because the social structure made no sense to me.

College was nicer for me because there wasn't so much forced socialization, alot of people tended to keep to themselves. In fact, I seldom socialized in college and was actually happier because I didn't have to deal with all the complexities of socialization as much as I did in high school and before, where it's forced on the students.

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

Frosch
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

06 Aug 2006, 7:31 am

I don't like school. All this ''Go hang out with your classmates!'' kind of talk is a hassle when I don't like them and they don't like me. The teachers expect everyone to learn at the same pace and generally be the same, what I consider impossible. There aren't enough language classes,no art class and too much emphasis put on mathematics, a subject that I strongly dislike. The only reason why school is better than it used to be is because people are mature enough not to bully. And the library is a nice place.