anyone else really bored with wow now?

Page 1 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Wuffles
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Feb 2011, 3:34 pm

seems as if there are only 3 things to do
1. get unspendable achievement points (epeen points...who cares?)
2. get gear that will be replaced instantly next patch
3. be in a guild without which 1 and 3 aren't possible, but which involves being socially tolerant to a degree that I find both impossible and unintersting?

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2011, 3:40 pm

Yes. Even though the changes throughout the years have made it so much easier, I too am quite bored of it, mostly because it's done. The only thing they do is bring out new expansions, and that is it. I flat-out played on my goblin so much that it got exhausting.

So I've just been playing different games. Don't get me wrong, it's one of my favourite games of all time, but it's just had it's time.

Mikelight
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Feb 2011, 4:08 pm

I played WoW for a total of 2 months and then I was bored and done...

there really isn't much draw for me to play it ever again, especially when no matter what you do new and better stuff/equipment will be out soon. If I want to PvP I just play fighting games, where the entire game is built around PvP.

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2011, 6:15 pm

Mikelight wrote:
I played WoW for a total of 2 months and then I was bored and done...

there really isn't much draw for me to play it ever again, especially when no matter what you do new and better stuff/equipment will be out soon. If I want to PvP I just play fighting games, where the entire game is built around PvP.

exactly how I was with the game too.

I loved Guild Wars PVP though. and I am Waiting on Guild Wars 2 and Rift. Currently being occupied with Champions Online though, which is pretty damn fun.

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

kra17
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2011, 9:25 pm

Hoard gold 8)

Mythricia
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

06 Feb 2011, 11:33 pm

You forgot;

4. Complain about how WoW is boring you.

Seriously though, people who find it boring should stop playing if they wish. I play to raid, and I don't care if the gear is replaced in 1 year, 1 month, or 1 week - it's the challenge that's fun :) That's all I really do though, no time for much else.

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2011, 1:38 am

nope, still fun :D

TechnicalPacifist
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2011, 2:51 am

I've only played the trial. Got bored at like day 16 of 20.. :roll:

darkstone100
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2011, 3:55 am

I got into it for awhile, then I hit level cap at then 80 and got tired of the tedium required for raids, grinding the same group of heroic dungeons day after day became such a chore. What finally broke me out of the game was during the Desert Bus For Hope week long marathon put together by the online comedy troupe Loading Ready Run.

I'm so glad that marathon happened when it did, and I can't wait for this years one either.

Ravenitrius
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2011, 4:36 am

Mythricia wrote:
You forgot;

4. Complain about how WoW is boring you.

Seriously though, people who find it boring should stop playing if they wish. I play to raid, and I don't care if the gear is replaced in 1 year, 1 month, or 1 week - it's the challenge that's fun :) That's all I really do though, no time for much else.

Yes they should stop playing if it's boring. I'm glad I quit before I put any more money into the game.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2011, 8:56 am

I avoided the rush by being bored with it as soon as it came out... Like facebook, I'd rather chew my toes off than play that game.

Paying to play D&D with obnoxious 12 year olds? Really? I'll pass.

Mythricia
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

10 Feb 2011, 3:22 am

GoonSquad wrote:
I avoided the rush by being bored with it as soon as it came out... Like facebook, I'd rather chew my toes off than play that game.

Paying to play D&D with obnoxious 12 year olds? Really? I'll pass.

If you play with obnoxious 12 year olds I can understand you passing on the opportunity. For me it's a matter of spending a few nights a week with great friends, none of who are under 20 to my knowledge.

Like all other games, they all have their own demographics - there are groups of all sorts of players, including groups of players you might get along with.

I hate how shortsighted people are when it comes to these things. Lulz WoW iz only playd by 13 yr olds with no lifes!

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2011, 1:09 pm

Mythricia wrote:

I hate how shortsighted people are when it comes to these things. Lulz WoW iz only playd by 13 yr olds with no lifes!

8O

You're right!

I didn't mean for my post to sound like it was written by a grumpy, old douche, but that's what I am, so they always do...

:P

xxKeithxx
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Feb 2011, 1:18 pm

I log in to raid a few times a week and I enjoy that part of it very much. I find everything else rather dull. My friends in the game is what keeps me logging in. Its about the people more then the content, at least for me.

Idolatry
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Feb 2011, 1:59 pm

I became bored once 4.0.3 and Cata were released. Cata was a worthless expansion that I did not buy and the patch made the game ridiculously easy. Talents were severely cut, for example, so one did not need to think as hard about what would benefit their character or not. The worst was when stats were cut, consolidating gear for classes into two stats. For example, Hunter's gear (even epics with their ridiculous i-level of 300+) have two stats: Agility and Stamina. No need to worry about Spirit, Intellect, and so on.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2011, 6:18 pm

I've never even played it :o may be I should give it a go , from what I can gather this game sucks you in big time , can a seriously non liking RPG gamer get in to this ?