Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

LibertiORDeth
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Feb 2011, 3:00 am

For the last several years my remembrance of dreams has been almost non-existent, on average I would vaguely remember a few details of a dream a few times a month. In the last few months, however, I started to actually experience my dreams, and remember them after the fact, and I can't even remember the last time this was the case.
What can I do to keep this pattern up? I would like to strive towards lucid dreaming, are there any helpful resources/comments on the matter?

sandrana
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Mar 2011, 9:42 pm

I often have very vivid dreams and have had repeating dreams in the past as well...when I first started having repeating dreams I read some books, and the recommended keeping a dream journal by your bedside to jot things down as soon as you wake up (my dreams usually seemed to dissapate like fog once I'm fully awake, so this was helpful).

Also, I remember reading that if you're the type of person who likes to wake up slowly (rather than flinging off the blankets, eager to tackle a new day) you can shift around and try to return to the position you were in when you woke up. I don't know if this helps, but I do know that when I'm awake sometimes I'll try to remember something and I'll return to the place that I was in when I had the original thought, and it has helped. I imagine the reason for this in my waking life is that I'm recreating the environment that led me to that thought in the first place.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2011, 5:33 am

Yeah, dream journal. Also making the intention before you sleep to remember and experience your dreams.

Anecdotally, I would say that meditation helps, as it is a practice that encourages more moment to awareness and consciousness.

If you want to go to extremes, you could try using a device that wakes you up at multiples of 90 minutes into your sleep.

Kaybee
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2011, 9:11 am

Moog wrote:
Anecdotally, I would say that meditation helps, as it is a practice that encourages more moment to awareness and consciousness.

Definitely hasn't helped my recall. :?