Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Jacs
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Feb 2011, 8:55 am

I'm 35, although I am told I could easily pass for 25, and it's only in the past few years that people I have stopped asking me for ID to buy alochol (the legal age is 18 here)

Part of this is that I have a young looking face and often dress young. I'm also quite skinny due to my problems with food. However even when people know me they seem to think I'm much younger than I am. May be my trouble with social interaction just makes me seem younger?

Does anyone else get this?

galvatron
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Feb 2011, 9:11 am

Yep. I'm 28, but people always think I'm much younger. And everyone on the phone always thinks I'm a woman.

budgenator
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Feb 2011, 10:56 am

I haven't been asked for ID in quite a while, but I bet if I dyed my hair and goatee then threw on a baseball cap to hide the baldness they would. I'm 56 and my face has the wrinkles of an 18 year old, aspie don't need no stinkin botox 8) one of the benefits of having a flat facial expression!

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2011, 11:28 am

Many places here say they will card you if you LOOK like you are 30 or younger.

Some YOUNG people look older. So it's reasonable.

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2011, 11:30 am

if I grow out my facial hair, I don't get carded, and I go from looking like Im 18-21 to looking like Im 30 according to a few people.

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

kx250rider
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

26 Feb 2011, 12:21 pm

I still get carded now & then... The kicker was that I got carded twice within a month last year, for buying spray paint (need to be 18 )... And I'm 43! Great compliment, I guess... Most people think I'm in my mid 20s, because I dress younger and have a young face, and try to stay in good physical shape and well-kempt (no belly or excess body hair, etc).

I find nowadays, that I only get carded by older people. I guess I look old now, to teens & people 20-35ish. I never get carded in the summer if I'm wearing a tank top of no shirt, since I'm a bodybuilder and have a lot of veins popping out. That's an age give-away, since it's nearly impossible for a young bodybuilder to get vascularity. With a loose shirt, I guess I can still pass for early 20s... This is me at about 42:

Charles

wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2011, 5:38 pm

I still get carded.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2011, 5:52 pm

Makes my urine boil that people get ID'd so much. All part of the risk-averse legalistic culture we live in (ably abetted by repressive law of course).

E-FrameZenderblast
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Feb 2011, 6:35 pm

I am sixteen, and the last ten-trip train ticket I got was an adult one. Now I have shaved, I am no longer allowed to use it and it was really expensive :evil: .

Maybe I should just grow semi-mutton chops again...

Even if I show my ID and ask for a student ticket, they frequently give me a child/senior ticket, which is really annoying. I should be getting discounts as a student... They obviously fail to realise that there is a school with no uniform in the area.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2011, 6:38 pm

Whenever I order a drink or buy something at the liquor store or anything that has alcohol in it, like beer at a convenience store, I get asked to see my driver's license which I promptly produce.
Since I don't smoke, I never get asked to show it for cigarettes.

KBerg
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Feb 2011, 6:41 pm

They stopped after I started breaking into a great big wide smile whenever they asked me for my ID. So if you're underaged, the trick is to get really really happy when they ask for your ID and they'll stop doing it. Only us old foggies over 30 get that happy to be asked to prove we're not underage.

SakeGirl

26 Feb 2011, 6:58 pm

I could get into eighteen-rated movies when I was fourteen.

As soon as I hit eighteen, though, I started getting asked for I.D! Work that one out. :?

It's not as bad now, though I have a complex about always having some kind of I.D. on me. I think it's more down to how one acts around bars or pubs in general; if you're standing there with your arms crossed and fidgeting a lot, then I guess the staff will think it's a bit suspicious. :?

higfam2

26 Feb 2011, 7:33 pm

I get asked for my I.D. all the time! In manner I am a bit akward, my voice is high pitched, and my step has a bounce to it. This leads most people to think I am around 18 - 22 years old. That is almost a decade younger than my real age. I figure that it will be an asset latter on in life. :D

keira
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2011, 7:44 pm

I still get asked for my I.D. but I take it as a compliment :lol:

chris09
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Feb 2011, 9:51 pm

I get asked for my ID all the time. I am 19 and can not buy spray paint or paint balls or a mature video game without getting hassled for my ID. Then they always scan it cause I guess they think it is fake. But, I would rather look young then old :)

Most people always say i look 14-16..

I had to go to the ER the other day and sat down to check in and the lady was like no, your mom needs to sign this stuff because you are not 18.. I was like no, Im 19 and she was surprised.

Looking young does have it advantages though.. like getting into amusement parks at youth price :) Not gonna say I haven't done that a few times.

riverspark
Toucan
Toucan

28 Feb 2011, 1:13 am

Tequila wrote:
Makes my urine boil that people get ID'd so much. All part of the risk-averse legalistic culture we live in (ably abetted by repressive law of course).

TOTALLY agree.