ive never really told anyone this, but..

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

rocknrollslc
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2011, 5:54 am

I WISH I WAS DEAD!! !! !! !!

if i tell someone that in real life do i risk getting chucked in the institution? for the record, i have no intention of committing suicide for a whole number of reasons, ive just come to realize that i really, truly, wish that i had never been born. i just can't take this feeling of inferiority any longer..but it would be pretty nice if someone in real life knew what i was actually thinking. thanks for letting me let that out.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2011, 6:43 am

rocknrollslc wrote:

if i tell someone that in real life do i risk getting chucked in the institution?

Mmmm... I think you'd need to be seriously in harms way before they'd bother to insitutionalise you.

Other more probable risks include; no one caring; no one taking you seriously; people avoiding you; people saying 'join the club'

Quote:
for the record, i have no intention of committing suicide for a whole number of reasons, ive just come to realize that i really, truly, wish that i had never been born. i just can't take this feeling of inferiority any longer..but it would be pretty nice if someone in real life knew what i was actually thinking. thanks for letting me let that out.

You're welcome. I hope you can get over your feelings of inferiorty. I spent a long time not enjoying life. But I eventually made my life better, I'm sure you can too. Best wishes.

mikeseagle
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2011, 6:50 am

I'm glad you feel comfortable enough to let it out here :) Your right in real life if you said something like that people would probably put you in the institution. As someone who has felt that way before I can relate to what you are feeling. Feeling that way is just a way of seeking a solution to your problems

Although I do not know your situation, you do not have to feel inferior here on this forum. You can find people that can relate to what your feeling and you can feel that your a equal here. With that you can find the strength to do with your feelings and real life :)

rocknrollslc
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2011, 6:54 am

no, those risks aren't at all probable. and yea i wish i could get over feeling like this, but it's the little things that remind my conscious to continue driving me insane. is that bad moog?

rocknrollslc
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2011, 6:57 am

mikeseagle wrote:
I'm glad you feel comfortable enough to let it out here :) Your right in real life if you said something like that people would probably put you in the institution. As someone who has felt that way before I can relate to what you are feeling. Feeling that way is just a way of seeking a solution to your problems

Although I do not know your situation, you do not have to feel inferior here on this forum. You can find people that can relate to what your feeling and you can feel that your a equal here. With that you can find the strength to do with your feelings and real life :)

thank you very much for your post

craig_public
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Feb 2011, 7:13 am

Man, hang in there. It gets better.

Part of the inferiority thing is that the social pressure on a 20-year old is unnatural, and completely unrealistic. Real life starts soon, and is very different.

Instead of feeling like a little fish in a big pond, you will find a small group of people that care about you unconditionally (your tribe). Also, you'll eventually find work where your aspie talents are appreciated and you will begin to feel like you are making the world a better place. You will find a happy and peaceful world of your own within the bigger world. You will find people who need you and depend on you.

But you have to shake off the drama first. (Trust me, even non-aspies go through this.) Take a break from media, peer-pressure, and the crazy social scenes that tell you to be someone you are not. Instead, take a vacation somewhere quiet (nature?) and just enjoy the stillness of life. Just enjoy being you instead of trying to measure up to someone esle's standards.

No one compares to you, because no one has your unique future. Only you are equipped to walk that path. We only feel inferior when we try to walk someone else's path.

rocknrollslc
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2011, 7:20 am

craig_public wrote:
Man, hang in there. It gets better.

Part of the inferiority thing is that the social pressure on a 20-year old is unnatural, and completely unrealistic. Real life starts soon, and is very different.

Instead of feeling like a little fish in a big pond, you will find a small group of people that care about you unconditionally (your tribe). Also, you'll eventually find work where your aspie talents are appreciated and you will begin to feel like you are making the world a better place. You will find a happy and peaceful world of your own within the bigger world. You will find people who need you and depend on you.

But you have to shake off the drama first. (Trust me, even non-aspies go through this.) Take a break from media, peer-pressure, and the crazy social scenes that tell you to be someone you are not. Instead, take a vacation somewhere quiet (nature?) and just enjoy the stillness of life. Just enjoy being you instead of trying to measure up to someone esle's standards.

No one compares to you, because no one has your unique future. Only you are equipped to walk that path. We only feel inferior when we try to walk someone else's path.

gahhh. i hope so. i feel so old..as ridiculous as that sounds..

mikeseagle
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2011, 8:00 am

rocknrollslc wrote:

gahhh. i hope so. i feel so old..as ridiculous as that sounds..

That doesn't ridiculous at all. Your just feeling the pressure of your feelings.

I will not give you false hope. It will take some time to develop the strength to handle the feelings and not feel so down about them. They will never completely go away but you will come to a point where they no longer feel so important.

Feel free to express yourself more on this forum. If you are having a bad or good day, Someone said something that really hurt. Your feeling down about your problems. I think you will find the support you need to start building the strength to cope with life from the replies of people that went through similar experiences. Even if no one replies to what you wrote at least you wrote it down so it is no longer bottled up inside of you.

Take care of yourself :)

Mindslave
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2011, 8:54 am

Moog wrote:
rocknrollslc wrote:

if i tell someone that in real life do i risk getting chucked in the institution?

Mmmm... I think you'd need to be seriously in harms way before they'd bother to insitutionalise you.

Other more probable risks include; no one caring; no one taking you seriously; people avoiding you; people saying 'join the club'

Quote:
for the record, i have no intention of committing suicide for a whole number of reasons, ive just come to realize that i really, truly, wish that i had never been born. i just can't take this feeling of inferiority any longer..but it would be pretty nice if someone in real life knew what i was actually thinking. thanks for letting me let that out.

You're welcome. I hope you can get over your feelings of inferiorty. I spent a long time not enjoying life. But I eventually made my life better, I'm sure you can too. Best wishes.

That's not true. I got locked up for a week and a half for saying I was suicidal. It's true that the patients are saner than the doctors...mostly. This one guy was blackmailed into staying past 72 hours because they wanted his money, I guess. After a week and a half, they admitted that I was fine the whole time. They didn't give me my money back though...1500 dollars a night, with no pillow (in case I wanted to suffocate myself) and no bathroom (in case I used the glass on the mirror). Fun stuff.

rocknrollslc
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2011, 9:05 am

no bathroom breaks?? how does that work in their favor..........

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2011, 10:06 am

Mindslave wrote:
Moog wrote:
rocknrollslc wrote:

Quote:

That's not true. I got locked up for a week and a half for saying I was suicidal. It's true that the patients are saner than the doctors...mostly. This one guy was blackmailed into staying past 72 hours because they wanted his money, I guess. After a week and a half, they admitted that I was fine the whole time. They didn't give me my money back though...1500 dollars a night, with no pillow (in case I wanted to suffocate myself) and no bathroom (in case I used the glass on the mirror). Fun stuff.

Ahh, that's bad. I think it's different here in the UK. Sorry to hear that. 1500 a night? Gee. What a swizz.

Kail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Feb 2011, 11:38 am

You should have thought about this when you were a sperm cell..

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2011, 12:45 pm

Kail wrote:

Turn baaccckk!

rocknrollslc
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2011, 5:48 am

Kail wrote:

oh i did but my peers were thinking the same thing. sorry dad it's true hahah

jayssite
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Mar 2011, 10:05 am

Mindslave wrote:

What??! A week and a half? What state do you live in (assuming you are American)? I was taking comfort under the impression that there is a 72-hour limit on psych holds. Did you consent to anything? I can't believe they charged you if you didn't.